OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Toshiya830 said:
I have a hard time getting the cheats to work in R4. I dled r4cee and changed the game id of the rag cheats in the .dat, but it still doesn't allow me to see any cheats on the r4.You probably have too many cheats. The R4 is buggy in that way.
I would suggest you get YSMenu. You can get a2h's YSMenu generator here.
It just makes getting YSMenu to your R4 firmware extremely simple.

QUOTE(kartgarcia @ Feb 19 2009, 09:55 PM) HEY! I finally can use cheat in that game, but the most wanted cheat, to walk in towns, doesn't work, anybody knows why? I hold L before go to a town, I tried to get out of town pressing L, but nothing happens...u.u'
To be honest.. I have absolutely no clue.
Many cheats will not work with the English patch because the memory addresses change and in fact can even cause crashes and instabilities.
However, even with the original ROM, I cannot get the Walk In Town cheats to work. the person who wrote it will have to fix it for the original and the translated version when the patch is complete.

artlan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wanna see something even more exciting?

OMGitworks.jpg

Again, thanks to Darth's help, we finally found the danged buttons! and after a night of failures, I got one to change
biggrin.gif

(though I suppose the real exciting part is that I also found a TON of text... including names and what looks exactly like the Log Window dialog. No Promises though, this is a bear to edit)

coolsonyeh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
artlan said:

OMGitworks.jpg

Again, thanks to Darth's help, we finally found the danged buttons! and after a night of failures, I got one to change
biggrin.gif

(though I suppose the real exciting part is that I also found a TON of text... including names and what looks exactly like the Log Window dialog. No Promises though, this is a bear to edit)

aye aye aye!!!that's a really cool start up screen
lecture.gif
lecture.gif
lecture.gif
hope you guyz could finish this project its so much cooler when it's translated in english goodluck more power to all of you in this project!!!
gbasp.gif
gbasp.gif
gbasp.gif

Skanob

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
twiztidsinz said:
Skanob said:
Hi,

I wanted to contribute on the translation of this wonderful game. But the only thing that I can do is translate the japanese words/sentences to english with correct grammars and stuffs. As I am only new to the NDS scene. If you could send me some scripts or anything that needs to be translated, just send it to me via pm and i'll send all the things that I have translated. I'll leave the editing of the rom and applying of the translations to you guys.

Hope that I could help and consider this offer. I really would like to play this game in english as I am a huge fan of Ragnarok Online here in the philippines.

Thanks.

yaynds.gif
I'll get some stuff together and send you a PM with a link in a little bit.
Thanks in advance for the help.

I have already received the files and would say that I am currently done with 10 text files completely translated to proper english. I will inform you later about it.

Thanks.
yaynds.gif

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
artlan said:

-- cut --

biggrin.gif

(though I suppose the real exciting part is that I also found a TON of text... including names and what looks exactly like the Log Window dialog. No Promises though, this is a bear to edit)Cool!
Skanob said:
I have already received the files and would say that I am currently done with 10 text files completely translated to proper english. I will inform you later about it.

Thanks.
yaynds.gif
Thanks!
QUOTE(War @ Feb 20 2009, 10:30 AM)
Wow, really? You've already translated 10 files? o-o That's pretty damn good! I'll be editing some more when I get home today, I've only gone through like 2 rows of files.
Slacker.

Just kidding
tongue.gif
Every bit helps and I'm grateful for everyone's effort.

Skanob

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
War said:
Wow, really? You've already translated 10 files? o-o That's pretty damn good! I'll be editing some more when I get home today, I've only gone through like 2 rows of files.

Just ran some few translations on those first 10 files alphabetically. Just having trouble with names.
unsure.gif

I will be sending you the files on every 20 files translated. I know they are not 100% perfect english, well, atleast I tried.

Currently I am double checking on those files.
yaynds.gif

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Skanob said:
Just ran some few translations on those first 10 files alphabetically. Just having trouble with names.
unsure.gif
http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=pLW...5yJIwv4nJeUcOdA
Second page there has all of the names translated.

QUOTE(Skanob @ Feb 20 2009, 11:37 AM) I will be sending you the files on every 20 files translated. I know they are not 100% perfect english, well, atleast I tried.

Currently I am double checking on those files.
yaynds.gif
No problem
biggrin.gif

Artlan, War and myself have to go over the files anyway to fix the formatting and we'll clean up the translation so don't stress yourself too much.
(I included War and Artlan because I dont want to sound like I'm trying to steal credit
tongue.gif
but it will most likely be me as Artlan is fixing up the Arm9 and War is going over the files from the start.)

I'll make sure you get added to the contributor's list Skanob.
smile.gif

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
New patch is up... Should fix the problem with the game crashing before Glast Heim.
I cannot test this as I lost my save file... so unless someone will send me one I have no clue.

Font file is fixed, this solves most of the issues with N a m e s being spaced out (except for the very top).
Also, Ales and Sierra's names should / may / possibly show in English as default now. (again, not sure.. didn't test this yet.)
Thanks to Artlan for those fixes.

War

Take it easy~
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Also, I'd appreciate it if someone can start a new game and let me know if it crashes at all. I edited the script up to the second dungeon and added some extra text windows, and I just want to make sure it all works fine. Thanks!

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
War said:
Also, I'd appreciate it if someone can start a new game and let me know if it crashes at all. I edited the script up to the second dungeon and added some extra text windows, and I just want to make sure it all works fine. Thanks!
It's fine.. I've started about 5 times since overwriting my good save.
frown.gif

shapeshifter

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Macau
btw is the item order in the inventory supposed to depend on the japanese "alphabetical" order, will stuff be sorted alphabetically in english at some point?

kartgarcia

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That ruins with my plan of walk in towns U.U'...
Hmmm...Looks very good, thank for everyone that's in this project, letting me play this game as fast as possible.
yaynds.gif

kartgarcia

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
EDIT button is a mess...And just to confirm, did someone worked in Page 13 fifth quest? The one with the Old Lady in Lost Woods gate?

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
shapeshifter said:
btw is the item order in the inventory supposed to depend on the japanese "alphabetical" order, will stuff be sorted alphabetically in english at some point?Item order is based on item type and usefulness.
Herbs (Red, Yellow, White, Blue), Potions (Red, Yellow, White, Blue), etc
Weapons based on Type (dagger, sword, spear, axe, etc) sorted by Attack
Armor sorted by slot and Defense (I believe).

Highly -HIGHLY- doubt we will even consider changing it.

QUOTE(kartgarcia @ Feb 20 2009, 11:59 PM) EDIT button is a mess...And just to confirm, did someone worked in Page 13 fifth quest? The one with the Old Lady in Lost Woods gate?
What edit button?
Can you possibly get a screen shot for me?

And yes. I went over the quest before Glast Heim.. twice actually.
But until someone provides me with a save file I cannot test it.

TwiztidGod

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.freewebs.com
XP
Country
United States
Hey Twiztid you can have my save file i have that meg you told me to get and dark knight and shaman jobs unlocked I am a Level 99 Dark Knight right now job level is 93 i think V_V might have leveled to 94xP if you still want one that is?

kartgarcia

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmmmm...good man, but your save is not good enough, sorry...you have to be stopped in quest page 13 number 5, okey? Looooooser =P (just kidind)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @mthrnite, Cheetah Girls, the sequel to Action 52's Cheetah Men.
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Pokemon Black I played that one a lot
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Honestly never messed with Pokémon on ds much
  • mthrnite @ mthrnite:
    I played pokemon once, was bored, never tried again
    Oh Dragon Quest IX
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Spent like 5 hours on switch one never touched it again
    Sentinel of the stary skies
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ds is 20 years old this year
    So MJ no longer wants to play with it?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He put it down when the 3ds came out
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, RIP Felix does great videos on the PS3 yellow-light-of-death.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    Eventhough the New 3DS XL is more powerful, I still feel like the DS Lite was a more polished system. It's a real shame that it never got an XL variant keeping the GBA slot. You'd have to go on AliExpress and buy an ML shell to give a DS phat the unofficial "DS Lite" treatment, and that's the best we'll ever get I'm afraid.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    The phat model had amazingly loud speakers tho.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Jayro, I don't see whats so special about the DS ML, its just a DS lite in a phat shell. At least the phat model had louder speakers, whereas the lite has a much better screen.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    They probably said "Hey, why not we combine the two together and make a 'new' DS to sell".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a DS Lite in a slightly bigger DS Lite shell.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not a Nintendo / iQue official product, it's a 3rd party custom.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nothing special about it other than it's more comfortable than the Lite
    for people with beefy hands.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I have yaoi anime hands, very lorge but slender.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I'm Slenderman.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I have hands.
    Veho @ Veho: +1