OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hi there everyone,

I have a few questions, but let me give you details 1st:

NDSi XL Chocolate running 1.4E (date set to 2008)
R4DSi Gold (Red PCB, gold sticker) running the FW from R4iDSN 1.33
MicroSD Sandisk 8GB (standard FAT32 format)

I am using 2 games (NDSTokyotrim used):

Alice in Wonderland (DSi Enhanced) (EU)(M6) (CRC32: 591cda33) (MD5: e2fe903e56c93555402bd55ffb562114) (size: 43.597.824 bytes)
Castlevania - Portrait of Ruin (EU)(M5) (CRC32: f65bf2cc) (MD5: eeb0f43c8af27dfa2daae76802d01b4b) (size: 49.532.608 bytes)
Metalslug 7 (EU) (M5) (CRC32: da58a66c) (MD5: 67591fc3d67ea76349358232553ce83a) (size: 64.908.896 bytes)

For starters, I do not believe the trimming has been the source of the problem. If all else fails however, I'm willing to entertain the idea of untrimmed roms.

The problem with Alice is that it simply won't run, white screens.
Castlevania seems to have graphical quirks/slowdowns, but is solidly playable.
Metalslug 7 has near constant severe slowdowns

I am willing to try a 2GB Sandisk MicroSD, format it FAT16 with 64K Clusters for faster read out, but I wonder if this will be the solution.

Is this just because R4ids is honestly CRAP and I should get a better one? AceKard 2i perhaps? Or do I need to patch something in order for this to work.

Thank you in advance for any advice given.

(ps. I just ordered myself the Supercard DSTWO =])

jurassicplayer

Completionist Themer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Well, for a general rule, most if not all R4 clones are crap (save maybe R4iRTS since M3 still keeps that going). If you already ordered a SCDS2, I would say to just wait it out until your new cart comes in xD, but otherwise you are probably out of luck unless you can get ysmenu working on your current flashcart (I think it fixes some of the things...dunno if it will fix the slowdown)

achelos

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
jurassicplayer said:
Well, for a general rule, most if not all R4 clones are crap (save maybe R4iRTS since M3 still keeps that going). If you already ordered a SCDS2, I would say to just wait it out until your new cart comes in xD, but otherwise you are probably out of luck unless you can get ysmenu working on your current flashcart (I think it fixes some of the things...dunno if it will fix the slowdown)

I've been reading about Ysmenu, but I don't seem to be able to decide which tutorial to pick. I've been hardmodding and softmodding for years, so I'll figure it out - however, as said. the right tutorial.

I gathered that R4 Clones are crap, but it was the only one readily available for me 2 weeks ago. Having said that, I'm quite curious about the SCDS2.

jurassicplayer

Completionist Themer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Well, at worst ysmenu isn't going to work, so good luck with testing that. As for the SCDS2, if you have the money and you want to make the investment, then its a pretty solid choice (lots of features and promising stuff xD).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: well.. Sorta new :)