Benighted

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi guys,

I have the following issue, I have in my hands a r4i Goldxl from the following site www.r4i-net.com(which I assume is the same guys from www.r4ll-net.com), the thing is that the kernel they provide in their site does not work, in any way, i have a 1gb micro sd (sandisk), the kernel they provide has the following files:

BEUP (folder)
MOONSHL (folder)
NDSMAIL (folder)
Plugins (folder)
Skin (folder)
svsip(folder)
SYSTEM (folder)
TTMenu (folder)
0000-BACK R4MENU.NDS
gold
R4i.RED
r4i.tp
r41.dat
r42.dat
Read Me.txt (bunch of crap)
TTMENU.SYS

I put the files in the root of the SD card, to no avail, I only got "Not ds cart inserted"
The TTMenu folder and sys files makes me think it's a TTDSI clone, but tried their firmware too with no results, so I come to the greatest minds.

Do anyone have any idea what clone this is?

P.
ohnoes.png
I tried several firms from other carts too, maybe the name or folder structure needed is diferent.Im open to ideas.

Thanks Guys!

Benighted

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks Etalon, I have read through that thread previously, and I did find the same structure in one of the explanations, but the thing is i dont know exactly which one is it, beacause obviosly the files they give dont work, I guess I have to rename the dat file or the SYSTEm file or the TTmenu file, and that is the problem.

rave420

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
TTMenu (folder) suggests that it's a TTDS2 clone. Be carefull, NEVER LOAD OFICIAL TT FIRMWARE ON THERE BECAUSE IT WILL LIKELY BRICK THE CARD.

Stick to unofficial TTDS firmware only. The oficial TTDS2 firmware destroys fake cards when it's loaded and excecuted on it, so be very carefull.

That's all.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    I didnt have school today
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Cuz it's some kind of holiday related to the town I live in
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Am I [R WORD]?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, People who create revival services for the Wii end up in disaster, same goes for Pretendo lol.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, atleast wiimmfii went fine although people only use it for Mario kart Wii
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    At least if they ban you for cheating, get another Wii. They're cheap as chips.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Remember when RiiShop was a thing?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    not really
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    It got shutdown because somebody "accidentally" leaked the database for the amount of people using the beta.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    RiiShop is the laziest way of downloading Wii games. Did somebody not think of this through?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    although i ended up accidentally changing my nand with no way of going back bc i didn't know you needed a gamecube controller to restore it (i have a wii minus/1.1, which doesn't have gamecube controller support)
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BakerMan, I think you're talking about the recovery mode that the SaveMii used, and also was to restore softbricked systems.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    If your NAND was hardbricked, then just buy another Wii. Or go with the dirty NAND flasher method.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    and if i find the sd card i have my NAND backed up on, i can not only restore the NAND if i solder the right part in, but i can also put my NAND on dolphin, then i can play dolphin online, like PMEX Remix or MKWii Riibalanced
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Brb
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BakerMan, Oh yeah, that was a thing too. Dolphin does support Wiimmfi.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    yeah you just need to put your NAND backup with wiimmfi on it
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    ngl i feel like if a bunch of my friends have wiis and know how to get wiimmfi and back up their NAND, then we could do a PMEX Remix tournament
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    maybe even add UMVC3/DBFZ and make it a biathlon/triathlon
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Too bad Excite Truck wasn't multi player :(
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Loved that game lol
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, sorry for the stupid suggestion I had in that thread
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Its fine
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @SylverReZ, thx