Hacking R4iSDHC.in 2014 white screen

Fserve

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
So, i had one of those working well for years, but some games didnt boot. (animal crossing, pokemon black 2 and white 2...). (kernel R4isdhc-White1.62 )
Friend of mine told me to try one different kernel, which i did ( r4i3d.v1.72 ), didnt boot, the folder scheme seems different from mine.
mine have _DS_MENU.DAT and a PATCH folder.
after some time testing i could make it work, my kernel, with __RPG folder renamed to patch folder with the file patch.bin inside the renamed __RPG folder. And now animal crossing was working.

I got so happy that i started to try more things, until i got the original r4 kernel. ( R4i-V4.0b English ).
When i used it (renamed R4.dat to _DS_MENU.DAT) it started the normal black screen with the white LOADING text and then a new LOADING with orange text... and freeze.
After this my r4 is dead. White screen with no text with any setup i could test. On 3ds it loads the icon/game in 3ds home but nothing more.

Any ideas? how could the r4 kernel kill my clone?

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I made this mistake with my R4iTT (trying a bunch of kernels out because why the hell not?)

Don't run kernels that aren't designed for it. Some carts are just designed so poorly that anything that isn't meant for it will kill it.

Fserve

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Yeah, for years i respected that. But when i saw animal crossing running, why not try to get pokemon black2/white2?

I dont know if it installed some type of software kill switch or if it is really dead.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I got Emerald for free "because I'm so neat" or some bullshit.
    Gift
  • Gift
  • Gift
  • KennieDaMeanie @ KennieDaMeanie:
    Werid it's morning I was talking about roosters
    Gift
  • Coto @ Coto:
    though what the poster at http://harmful.cat-v.org/software/java said is true about Java, it isn't so much about C++, C# while preferring C over it. I doubt he'd write a network stack in linux, port a SQL server in C and a mail client if it was a senior C/C++ paid job. You don't even need to care about pointers in C++ if you don't use them and instead use the OOP classes, such as an object reference, which is safer because it guarantees object heritage (Inheritance) which eliminates the need of a garbage collector. Typical use case of this is to use push/pop operators over a vector array, where you don't even need malloc. (it's used internally, yes, but by going the inheritance way you let the C++ to handle it for you)
    Gift
  • Coto @ Coto:
    C# is a whole new thing, and it's built around the idea of removing all the C bits in the C++ implementation, so what you get is an entire OOP language without backwards compatibility.
    Gift
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    it's more like java than C++ imo
    Gift
    So C#$&+ sounds like a decent community
    Gift
    the meme box appears to be borked
    Gift
  • Gift
    there haven't been new posts in meme box in multiple days despite posts in the thread receiving plenty of likes
    Gift
  • Veho @ Veho:
    The new forum software did cause some issues with the maymaybox, I remember hearing somewhere.
    Gift
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I thought that was solved.
    Gift
    On the phone with att wish me luck
    Gift
  • SG854 @ SG854:
    Why do you love?
    Gift
    20 minutes still play jump around with att
    Gift
    Another 8 minute transfer yay
    Gift
  • Veho @ Veho:
    PLEASE HOLD. YOUR CALL IS VERY IMPORTANT TO US. PLEASE CONTINUE TO HOLD.
    Gift
  • ClancyDaEnlightened @ ClancyDaEnlightened:
    in other words *please hang up*
    Gift
  • ClancyDaEnlightened @ ClancyDaEnlightened:
    stop bitching on the phone
    Gift
  • Coto @ Coto:
    http://harmful.cat-v.org/software/OO_programming/ <- OOP allows a generic build to scale approach to solve problems. And compatibility. In my experience an API/Shared Libraries by being encapsulated, is less likely to get optimized/destroyed by the compiler, specifically in embedded platforms.
    Gift
  • Coto @ Coto:
    No doubt it will be slower, but if you can and have the resources to hand-optimize away the code
    , do it.
    Gift
    If you dont bitch nothing will get done correctly
    Gift
  • Coto @ Coto:
    Also allows to separate pieces in components: Init, update, destroy, which enables the whole program to be inheritable. If you're creating a first person shooter, and want to add multiplayer, you will have to use OOP regardless.
    Gift
  • Coto @ Coto:
    and forget about memory management
    Gift
    Coto @ Coto: and forget about memory management