Hacking R4i gold? is it an imposter? what is this flash cart really?

awaseth

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi guys, I'm new here but i have a question about my flash cart.

I bought my flash cart along time ago and the website is: r4i.ndsi.in

most games work fine, however, pokemon conquest does not work no matter what I try.

I am wondering what flash cart does my flash cart act like,so i can patch it accordingly.

and can u tell me more about the flash cart? the kernel is on the website link.
please help

-awaseth

LockeCole_101629

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
holy crap I can't believe it....
it the same domain, same words, same sentence, with same webdesign, and same interface menu
http://ge.ndsi.in/

I don't have this one, but I have r4isdn & GEi card
can you run wood kernel on your r4?

because my gei card can't run it.
it works fine with default kernel from their site. except for conquest yes.

awaseth

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
um, i cant get wood or ysmenu to work on my card and i see that there are some similarities between our sites. I'm going to check your kernel with mine, and see if there are similarities or if it is the same thing just with a different name.

Does pokemon conquest work on ur GE? did you patch it to get it to work or do roms normally work without patches on your GEi?

Where'd you get it, a U.S. dealer or a foreign dealer?

Are there any stickers that came with your cart like "authentic playtime orginal"? ( I just want to see the similariites between our cart)

how do you think your falsh cart works? like a dstt, or an r4, or an acekard, or an m3, or an ez-falsh V

LockeCole_101629

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
I've tried regular r4 patch and acekard patch for conquest, both didn't work.
I didn't bother it after that. I'm not a fans of pokemons, already try to force all series but I never able to like it, sorry.

I get it when I purchased DSi (EU region) from local store. I guess they took order somewhere from euro/uk.
just like picture on their page
this is what I get from the box (Card reader is died already)
O2goX.jpg

I never seen any online stores selling this cart, but there's a lot local store selling this cart for $8-10.
it's a good one, just like they advertised it. Plug copy paste and play. Never had problems (except for conquest ofcourse).

Luigi2012SM64DS

G-old member
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You guys all have clones.
get a real and good card like the acekard 2i supercard dstwo or thr r4i gold by r4ids.cn (it has to be that site becuase it supports wood.

LockeCole_101629

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
your post isn't really going nowhere

Like I said (for me) I got the cart bundle with dsi purchased.
why waste it just because it's not (put your list here) or can't run wood firmwares?
it's not popular, it's not supported by wood, and no one talks about it yes I know, but hey it works.
that's the reason I'm getting another R4isdn (which supported by wood).

but then again, just like you said, in this world of cart clones, do you even know your cart probably a clone & still can run wood firmware on it? because I doubt my R4 is original from isdn because poor quality build.

awaseth

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so bascially, you guys aer saying, if we already dished out money and got scammed with a clone, theres no hope of playing pkmn conquest unless we dish out more money to buy another flashcart? I dont see any new games coming out, so if pkmn black/white 2 works on my cart, i might as well just buy pkmn conquest becuase every other game will come out for the 3ds, and i will abandon nintendo. T>T

LockeCole_101629

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
try RetroGame firmware
http://gbatemp.net/topic/267243-retrogamefan-updatesreleases/
he recently add GEi support, probably it will works for this one too.

Odieelperro

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Hi, i have this flashcard aswell, can anyone tell me what is going on with it? the domain r4i.ndsi.in doesn't really have much of info, i can tell you that the icon that appears in the menu is "The Cronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian". (according to r4ids.cn it "Support 3DS V4.2.0-9 and NDSi V1.4.4") I want to know if this card would be able to run Wood or any of the newest games since i have a lot of trouble finding other cards in Argentina apart from this one. Thanks

tranfeer

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Odieelperro,all r4i gold 3ds(r4ids.cn)have been pre-flashed to support 3DS4.3.0-10 and NDSi V1.4.4.
R4i gold 3ds(r4ids.cn) is officially supported by wood r4,which can support all newest games.
If you just got a r4i gold 3ds with the game icon of "The Cronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian", you can update it with 3DS 4.3.0-10 patch downloaded from www.r4ids.cn. After that , your r4i gold 3ds(r4ids.cn) can support 3DS 4.3.0-10.

Pong20302000

making notes on everything
Trophies
Website
3dsdb.com
XP
Country
Hi, i have this flashcard aswell, can anyone tell me what is going on with it? the domain r4i.ndsi.in doesn't really have much of info, i can tell you that the icon that appears in the menu is "The Cronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian". (according to r4ids.cn it "Support 3DS V4.2.0-9 and NDSi V1.4.4") I want to know if this card would be able to run Wood or any of the newest games since i have a lot of trouble finding other cards in Argentina apart from this one. Thanks

you CANNOT use another flashcard compatibility chart on a flashcard they dont produce as thats not how it works
the card you have is a fake and there is little to no info on it

the last firmware it was reported working on is
it cannot run wood as its not supported by YWG
the onyl kernel you have a hope of working is RGF's

Odieelperro

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina

you CANNOT use another flashcard compatibility chart on a flashcard they dont produce as thats not how it works
the card you have is a fake and there is little to no info on it

the last firmware it was reported working on is
it cannot run wood as its not supported by YWG
the onyl kernel you have a hope of working is RGF's

Well, i don't know a lot about DS's flashcarts. Thanks for the info though, so if i patch the newest games, will they be playable?

Pong20302000

making notes on everything
Trophies
Website
3dsdb.com
XP
Country
well you cannot patch it to work on a 3DS higher that 4.0.0-7

as for playing games
go the RGF's kernel thread and try and see if you can get that to work
if you can then you will not need game patches
you normally avoid game patching at all costs
Clean roms are what you want

Reactions: 1 person

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HHNH5pnioQk