Hacking R4i gold? is it an imposter? what is this flash cart really?

Pong20302000

making notes on everything
Trophies
Website
3dsdb.com
XP
Country
Thanks all, ill try that. Although there is no confirmation that RGF kernel works on my flashcart

YSmenu is made to be compatible with almost every flashcard
you just have to find the method that works for you

it can be as simple as renaming the YSmenu.nds to whatever you card boots as default (normally a .dat file in the root of SD card)
or you can try and run it as a .nds file like you would any game (booting a Kernel within a Kernel then loading games, this works for most too, note when doing this you must have the ysmenu.nds in the root of the sd card along with the TTMenu folder)

Odieelperro

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Thanks all, ill try that. Although there is no confirmation that RGF kernel works on my flashcart

it can be as simple as renaming the YSmenu.nds to whatever you card boots as default (normally a .dat file in the root of SD card)
or you can try and run it as a .nds file like you would any game (booting a Kernel within a Kernel then loading games, this works for most too, note when doing this you must have the ysmenu.nds in the root of the sd card along with the TTMenu folder)

Is there any "brick" potential in doing this without knowledge? What i mean is, if i boot the kernel as a .nds in the menu, and it doesn't work, will it make my Flashcart unusable?

Pong20302000

Trophies
Website
3dsdb.com
XP
Country

Is there any "brick" potential in doing this without knowledge? What i mean is, if i boot the kernel as a .nds in the menu, and it doesn't work, will it make my Flashcart unusable?

lol Bricks only occur on the console when you load 1 of 2 infected roms, finding these is pretty hard so i wouldnt worry
the only way you can brick a flashcard is when applying a dodgy Firmware update to allow it to work on higher console firmware

Kernel doesnt matter if its bad coding, incomplete, corrupt. its only loaded temporary, powering off and on clears the temporary data in the ram
so theres no way messing with kernel can cause a problem

jimmyemunoz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lol he meant bricking his flashcard, not the console. ;) A bad kernel, or implementation of multiple kernels, can brick a flashcard. I have done it, and could do it right now, if I wanted.

Odieelperro

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
RGF's Kernel doesn't support my Flashcart, the only one that resembles the contents of it is the GEi one (Also has _SYSTEM_ and MOONSHL, but has some differences, like has a folder named "Gei +") So im not really sure if i should try to use it yet. Ill just wait longer to play the latest games, patience is a virtue. Thanks a lot for the info, i appreciate it.

Pong20302000

Trophies
Website
3dsdb.com
XP
Country
RGF's Kernel doesn't support my Flashcart, the only one that resembles the contents of it is the GEi one (Also has _SYSTEM_ and MOONSHL, but has some differences, like has a folder named "Gei +") So im not really sure if i should try to use it yet. Ill just wait longer to play the latest games, patience is a virtue. Thanks a lot for the info, i appreciate it.

-_-
it will work, it cant harm the system
otherwise i would of gone through loads when i worked on the kernel

@jimmyemunoz stop trolling as you cannot brick a flashcard with a Kernel

it wont resemble your current kernel in anyway
your card is a R4 Original Clone
so if you use the standard TTmenu Folder and YSMenu.nds it will boot RGF's Kernel

jimmyemunoz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Trolling? lol Pong you have no idea what you're talking about. A operating system reroute does have the ability to brick a flashcard! Also, do you not remember the DSTT team and their kernel which would brick any "clone" DSTT flashcard?

Pong20302000

Trophies
Website
3dsdb.com
XP
Country
Trolling? lol Pong you have no idea what you're talking about. JurassicPlayer even has a video up of himself doing it in real-time on YouTube, and the link is on this website somewhere. I don't care enough to find it, or deal with you, and your poor knowledge of Operating Systems. And, saying I'm trolling is as bad as calling me a troll. I wont forget this thread in the future Pong.

JurassicPlayer was testing one of the Infected roms i mentioned to brick the NDS frimware on a 3DS
it was not a kernel

the rom file is pretty hard to find

Pong20302000

Trophies
Website
3dsdb.com
XP
Country
Wrong again, he intentional used a firmware update he tampered with to brick his Acekard 2i HW:81. But I changed my post above anyways. Re-read it.

did you read what i said
the only way you can brick a flashcard is when applying a dodgy Firmware update

and you said

A bad kernel, or implementation of multiple kernels

that is not a kernel
that is a dodgy firmware update

a dodgy firmware update CANNOT be booted from power on and then loading the cart
therefore it is NOT a Kernel

Reactions: 1 person

jimmyemunoz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Damn, Pong you sound really angry. It's surprising that you are asking me if I read when I asked you to disregard my first example as I found JurassicPlayer did his test with firmware. I watched that video almost a year ago. Anyways, I then pointed out the most obvious example, DSTT Killer. Well in the case you decide not to read again, maybe this video will get watched instead. And please after this point is made count to ten and settle down and stop derailing this thread because you're angry you were proven wrong twice.

^^This is not a firmware update Pong, so how did the cards get bricked? Can you explain it to me?

Pong20302000

Trophies
Website
3dsdb.com
XP
Country
Damn, Pong you sound really angry. It's surprising that you are asking me if I read when I asked you to disregard my first example as I found he did his test another way. I then pointed out the most obvious example. Well in case you decide not to read again maybe this video will get watched instead. And please after this point is made count to ten and settle down and stop derailing this thread because you're angry you were proven wrong twice.

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=AKjtqsHMMWM

the DSTT Fake Killer was removed by the team ages ago
you probally will struggle to even struggle to find the kernel with it
and it only affected that Fake DSTT card, no others have been proven to be harmed by it

i havnt been proven wrong once yet
only you failing to understand a Firmware Update is not a Kernel

jurassicplayer

Completionist Themer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Pong is right. At least, I can't recall any kernel that could brick a flashcart or DS. Dunno if I would call the AK's firmware dodgy, but what I did was dodgy enough I suppose xD. The only real times I've heard of a flashcart bricking is via firmware update, the N5's little "problem", and if it just dies (though I don't really think I've heard this last one).
--Edit--
Fake TTDS killer: It kind of has a really limited reach of what it could affect. The only two flashcarts that I know of that used Narnia as their icon was the AK2i and the R4iDSN. Most likely, it's an AK2i clone, which would explain why it's a similar setup to the GEi (also an AK2i clone). The only problem is that IIRC YSMenu for the AK was more of just a UI change (or maybe I was just derping when I tried it...because I was never able to get the compatibility to change) and used the Acekard's loader in order to load stuff (which is what I'm guessing is stopping RGF's GEi support).

jimmyemunoz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pong you are seriously inept at grasping your terms. The v1.18 kernel is the DSTT killer, not the DSTT v1.18 firmware. The DSTT was made for an essentially firmware-less machine (the DS/DS Lite firmware revisions didn't matter, in the case of flashcards). So once a new v1.18 kernel was installed on a clone...bam...brick (this proves a kernel can brick a flashcard). If you are really confident lets do a poll on a website full of developers. I'm game, and I say we PayPal $100 dollars to any moderator on this forum, and after the poll, winner takes all. Put your money where your mouth is Pong?

^^This guy doesn't know any better and calls it firmware, but it's indeed a kernel. Check the DSTT website if you have any question.

@jurassicplayer Do you want to take the bet, instead of Pong? It wasn't have you heard of a kernel that has done it (even though the DSTT Team has done it), it was if it was possible.

Pong20302000

Trophies
Website
3dsdb.com
XP
Country
Pong you are seriously inept at grasping your terms. The v1.18 kernel is the DSTT killer, not the DSTT firmware. The DSTT was made for an essentially firmware-less machine (the DS/DS Lite firmware revisions didn't matter in the case of flashcards). So once a new kernel was installed...bam...brick. If you are really confident lets do a poll on a website full of developers. I'm game and I say we PayPal $100 dollars to any moderator on this forum and after the poll winner takes all. Put your money where your mouth is?

[media]http://www.youtube.c...h?v=72l8pLykmWc[/media]

^^This guy doesn't know any better and calls it firmware but it's in deed a kernel. Check the DSTT website if you have any question.

LOL poor jimmy, ive been laughing this whole time at you, clearly your face is red and steam rising from it

as i stated above
"it only affected that Fake DSTT card"
find the fake killer, confirmed killing another card
you wont

DSTT has been dead for ages
kernel 1.18 LOL there was no such thing, the team died at 1.17, the R4 died at 1.18

please find 1.18 on there old page
http://www.ndstt.net/download.html

i wouldnt wanna take your money as it would only make your rage more

jimmyemunoz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pong you really are perplexing, your immaturity and your slip, is showing. Trying to use psychology, with someone who could tie your mind into a pretzel, isn't going to work. In fact, reading your last few posts shows that you fail to post any facts proving yourself right in any way shape or form. The only thing I know is A. I'm absolutely right and B. people should not listen to what you say (100% of the time) and C. you either don't have $100 dollars or the confidence to bet. Bottom line, the information you gave out is wrong. The fact that you passed it along so easily, and were even condescending enough to put an "lol" in front of your post, is very representative of your true character. I don't like for bad/incorrect information to get passed along, so I thought I would try to nip it in the bud, in this one case, and hope for a somewhat positive result. I knew I should have left it alone because I was going to run into a small minded, cocky kid who had no idea what I was talking about because all his information comes from what he has been told and not what he has researched. In other words, you have never set out to find if what I'm saying is the truth, and the funny thing is I gave you an example that is so blatant a five year old could grasp it. It doesn't matter what the DSTT team's present predicament is, they are proof that a kernel can be coded to brick a flashcard...and that's what I have been saying for far too long now. For all of those that had to read these back and forth messages I'm sorry and I promise this is my last post on this matter. Please forgive me? :unsure:

TheDreamLord

Trophies
Website
darkraino1.zymichost.com
XP
Country
Pong you are seriously inept at grasping your terms. The v1.18 kernel is the DSTT killer, not the DSTT firmware. The DSTT was made for an essentially firmware-less machine (the DS/DS Lite firmware revisions didn't matter in the case of flashcards). So once a new kernel was installed...bam...brick. If you are really confident lets do a poll on a website full of developers. I'm game and I say we PayPal $100 dollars to any moderator on this forum and after the poll winner takes all. Put your money where your mouth is?

[media]http://www.youtube.c...h?v=72l8pLykmWc[/media]

^^This guy doesn't know any better and calls it firmware but it's in deed a kernel. Check the DSTT website if you have any question.

LOL poor jimmy, ive been laughing this whole time at you, clearly your face is red and steam rising from it

as i stated above
"it only affected that Fake DSTT card"
find the fake killer, confirmed killing another card
you wont

DSTT has been dead for ages
kernel 1.18 LOL there was no such thing, the team died at 1.17, the R4 died at 1.18

please find 1.18 on there old page
http://www.ndstt.net/download.html

i wouldnt wanna take your money as it would only make your rage more
Refixed TTMenu Kernel V1.18 new
arrow.gif
Download
Source : http://www.ndstt.net/download.html

I can even take a screenshot for you and upload it to imgur if you want :)

pyromaniac123

ส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็(ಠ益ಠส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็
Trophies
XP
Country
Pong you really are perplexing, your immaturity and your slip, is showing. Trying to use psychology, with someone who could tie your mind into a pretzel, isn't going to work. In fact, reading your last few posts shows that you fail to post any facts proving yourself right in any way shape or form. The only thing I know is A. I'm absolutely right and B. people should not listen to what you say (100% of the time) and C. you either don't have $100 dollars or the confidence to bet. Bottom line, the information you gave out is wrong. The fact that you passed it along so easily, and were even condescending enough to put an "lol" in front of your post, is very representative of your true character. I don't like for bad/incorrect information to get passed along, so I thought I would try to nip it in the bud, in this one case, and hope for a somewhat positive result. I knew I should have left it alone because I was going to run into a small minded, cocky kid who had no idea what I was talking about because all his information comes from what he has been told and not what he has researched. In other words, you have never set out to find if what I'm saying is the truth, and the funny thing is I gave you an example that is so blatant a five year old could grasp it. It doesn't matter what the DSTT team's present predicament is, they are proof that a kernel can be coded to brick a flashcard...and that's what I have been saying for far too long now. For all of those that had to read these back and forth messages I'm sorry and I promise this is my last post on this matter. Please forgive me? :unsure:

24213029.jpg

Pong20302000

Trophies
Website
3dsdb.com
XP
Country
Refixed TTMenu Kernel V1.18 new
arrow.gif
Download
Source : http://www.ndstt.net/download.html

I can even take a screenshot for you and upload it to imgur if you want :)

your download isnt from the DSTT website

and there site states that 1.17 was the latest

1.18 was made by 2ch not DSTT team

hence why your link lead to somewhere else

its exactly the same as why AKAIO is on the Acekard but not stated as the latest kernel by the team

well seeing as you now cannot disprove what i have said i see you have just resorted to giving up

how is my info given out wrong
it makes perfect sence and as you have failed to prove evidence it has bricked any other card than the team intended it to it to it proves my statements

Jimmys points of convo

jimmy thinks a firmware update is kernel
jimmy proven wrong as a firmware update cannot be loaded from boot making it not a kernel

jimmy thinks DSTT 1.18 is latest
jimmy proven wrong by site stating that 1.17 is latest and 1.18 made by 2ch

jimmy thinks DSTT fakekiller (which no longer exists in the kernel) affects all carts
jimmy proven wrong in the fact that he cannot find any evidence of it killing other cards

so jimmy wheres the parts that i where wrong?
i just see alot of failure on your part
clearly you are someone that hates being wrong

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: Have a nice day. Life. Week. Month. year.