Hacking questions on the new supercard dstwo +

DayVeeBoi

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Bro, the DStwo and Ds Two plus use all the same plug ins and cheats. It's almost the same cart, and in fact they sold DStwo with DStwo+ labels on them for a short period of time before the official release

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk
Yes that package is fine as far as I can see. I don't have time to test it myself but looks like the proper stuff my friend
yeah i got the ds stuff working but i cant figure out plugins or how to do cheats and all of the tutorials i find are for the ds two not the dstwo plus

TherealDarknes

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bro, the DStwo and Ds Two plus use all the same plug ins and cheats. It's almost the same cart, and in fact they sold DStwo with DStwo+ labels on them for a short period of time before the official release

ok thanks for that information im gonna download the pack just because i find it simpler you have been very helpful man all of you guys have been

DayVeeBoi

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
looks like it still requires manual installation
Yeah listen, it's not hard. You just unzip the folder and copy them into ur _plugins folder or whatever it was called. Try it out with the official plugins from their website. There's nothing to worry about, it's not gonna brick you if that's what your worried about. The brick issue is with Gateway launcher software not Super card. You would have to download it from the gateway website. Otherwise don't worry. If ur plugins aren't installed proper they just don't show up in ur menu.
i didn't get a usb charging cord or at least they didn't say its going to come with one i don't thing they include it with the ds two plus so oh well maby i will buy one but some of the lowest shipping time is months so ehh might check a local store or something

could a mod please remove petermarys post and possibly ban him hes doing this on every thread he sees

Yes that package is fine as far as I can see. I don't have time to test it myself but looks like the proper stuff my friend

TherealDarknes

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok i figured out the problem for anyone else who encounters this its suppose
Yeah listen, it's not hard. You just unzip the folder and copy them into ur _plugins folder or whatever it was called. Try it out with the official plugins from their website. There's nothing to worry about, it's not gonna brick you if that's what your worried about. The brick issue is with Gateway launcher software not Super card. You would have to download it from the gateway website. Otherwise don't worry. If ur plugins aren't installed proper they just don't show up in ur menu.

yeah i figured it out mine had an issue to where it didn't create the plugins folder so i was looking around for this folder forever that simply hadn't been created works fine after i figured that out

ragnamuffin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country

Dust2dust

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
i don't know i thought it was central and frankly there refund rules are shady and confusing but ohh well oh wait i found it

https://gbatemp.net/threads/2-broken-dstwo-pluses-from-modchipcentral.416122/#post-6158109

yeah i guess that was the only negative thing i saw but combine that with them being the cheapest i found and that they have the aforementioned shady rules and it was enough to worry me thanks for the by the way anything you think i should know before i get it? oh can i put action replay like cheats before the game starts or does it only have the after game start code modification thing?
When Gateway first came out a few years ago, I ordered one from modchipcentral. If I remember correctly, they charged the credit card way before shipping, but when they had the Gateway in stock, they shipped right away. Unfortunately, the card was malfunctioning. They didn't make a fuss about it, and accepted to replace it, as long as I send back the defective card first. The replacement worked flawlessly. I also ordered another Gateway from them, for another 3DS later on, and it also worked fine. Now that a9lh is out, I have two useless Gateway cards. I'm gonna have to think about selling those at some point. :unsure:

TherealDarknes

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You've probably already figured all of this out, but I used this guide and had no problems:

https://gbatemp.net/threads/the-supercard-dstwo-beginners-guide-how-to-setup-the-dstwo.290190/

It's a bit old, but still relevant.

Also, since you asked about cheats, the cheat.db goes in the _dstwo folder and you access it by pressing L+R+Start or Select after the game has started.
yep i got the cheats i remember loving to use cheats on an old action replay for dsi so that really was a good chunk of why i wanted this card along with gba emulation for mario and luigi super star saga
When Gateway first came out a few years ago, I ordered one from modchipcentral. If I remember correctly, they charged the credit card way before shipping, but when they had the Gateway in stock, they shipped right away. Unfortunately, the card was malfunctioning. They didn't make a fuss about it, and accepted to replace it, as long as I send back the defective card first. The replacement worked flawlessly. I also ordered another Gateway from them, for another 3DS later on, and it also worked fine. Now that a9lh is out, I have two useless Gateway cards. I'm gonna have to think about selling those at some point. :unsure:
im confused why do you use a9lh if theres free shop and cias? sorry if thats a dumb question but i don't know much about 3ds modding at the current moment

Dust2dust

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
im confused why do you use a9lh if theres free shop and cias? sorry if thats a dumb question but i don't know much about 3ds modding at the current moment
3DS still has to be hacked to use free shop (which I never actually tried) and cias. a9lh is the latest and best hack for 3DS, as far as I know. I never tried another CFW solution before a9lh/luma. I was just using the Gateway. But reading about a9lh convinced me it was THE future of 3DS hacking/homebrew.

TherealDarknes

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
3DS still has to be hacked to use free shop (which I never actually tried) and cias. a9lh is the latest and best hack for 3DS, as far as I know. I never tried another CFW solution before a9lh/luma. I was just using the Gateway. But reading about a9lh convinced me it was THE future of 3DS hacking/homebrew.
but if i remember right theres little risk in using a cia/free shop and i know you still have to have homebrew but doesn't a9lh have a good chance of bricking your system?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

so how do you deal with the massive power drain? i knew it would have some drain but i didn't expect it to be this terrible

Dust2dust

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
but if i remember right theres little risk in using a cia/free shop and i know you still have to have homebrew but doesn't a9lh have a good chance of bricking your system?
A good chance of bricking the system? Tell that to the thousand who installed the hack successfully. If you can follow simple instructions, and (admittedly) if you are patient, the chances of bricking are slim to none.

TherealDarknes

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A good chance of bricking the system? Tell that to the thousand who installed the hack successfully. If you can follow simple instructions, and (admittedly) if you are patient, the chances of bricking are slim to none.
well i have no idea what the process is or what it does i have only looked into cias and freeshop mostly cias though

TherealDarknes

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Its just the card.
I use my original R4 just because of that.
Snes/Gba VC injects on cfw keep me good.
maby i should have bought an r4

Its just the card.
I use my original R4 just because of that.
Snes/Gba VC injects on cfw keep me good.
but i can't add homebrew at the moment im on my brothers 3ds and he's a real ass besides i would need to buy freaky forms oh is there an r4 you can use cheats on?

Last edited by TherealDarknes,

DayVeeBoi

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
maby i should have bought an r4

but i can't add homebrew at the moment im on my brothers 3ds and he's a real ass besides i would need to buy freaky forms oh is there an r4 you can use cheats on?
The super card draws a lot more power cuz it has a way stronger microprocessor. U just don't put it to sleep with the card in it. At least I don't.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @mthrnite, Cheetah Girls, the sequel to Action 52's Cheetah Men.
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Pokemon Black I played that one a lot
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Honestly never messed with Pokémon on ds much
  • mthrnite @ mthrnite:
    I played pokemon once, was bored, never tried again
    Oh Dragon Quest IX
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Spent like 5 hours on switch one never touched it again
    Sentinel of the stary skies
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ds is 20 years old this year
    So MJ no longer wants to play with it?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He put it down when the 3ds came out
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, RIP Felix does great videos on the PS3 yellow-light-of-death.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    Eventhough the New 3DS XL is more powerful, I still feel like the DS Lite was a more polished system. It's a real shame that it never got an XL variant keeping the GBA slot. You'd have to go on AliExpress and buy an ML shell to give a DS phat the unofficial "DS Lite" treatment, and that's the best we'll ever get I'm afraid.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    The phat model had amazingly loud speakers tho.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Jayro, I don't see whats so special about the DS ML, its just a DS lite in a phat shell. At least the phat model had louder speakers, whereas the lite has a much better screen.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    They probably said "Hey, why not we combine the two together and make a 'new' DS to sell".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a DS Lite in a slightly bigger DS Lite shell.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not a Nintendo / iQue official product, it's a 3rd party custom.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nothing special about it other than it's more comfortable than the Lite
    for people with beefy hands.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I have yaoi anime hands, very lorge but slender.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I'm Slenderman.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I have hands.
    Veho @ Veho: +1