Hacking Questions about the M3DS Real

Jarn

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm brand new to the homebrew scene (heck, I just bought my DS Lite yesterday!) but I want to get some sort of way to run homebrew hardware. The M3DS Real looks to be right for me, but I have a question. The vendor I'm looking at (Kick Gaming) lists an accessory "DSReal GBA Pak (Black)." I didn't know what this was so I checked the website for the M3DS and found they list an accessory "GBA Expansion Pack" - I assume these are the same thing? If so, it's description is "GBA homebrew/emulator/games (unique instant save function ! cheatcodes & build-in RTC.)"

So, my question is, would I be able to run GBA ROMs with this? If so, that would be great for me, because I own about 10-15 GBA games that it would be nice to run through something that allowed me to use cheats. I already have hardware to copy the cartridges to my computer (which is what I assume I would need to do to play it with this, if I'm understanding it correctly...).

g6team

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hong Kong
Yup, in short that would be correct. If you have not purchase the M3 Real then just get the Perfect Bundle which will include the GBA Expansion.

smile.gif

Digital1980

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The Pefect Bundle would be perfect for you and your needs!

The price alone of the GBA Memory/RAM expansion card is expensive to buy alone if you can even find it that way.

Digital

Jarn

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, I bought the Perfect Bundle.
biggrin.gif

I have two (three?) questions: what's the difference between the M3DS Real and the M3DS Simply? Also, is it possible to install FlashMe with this - and is there any reason two?

xJonny

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Basically: SDHC capability and new firmware

You should be able to flash your DS by booting the FlashMe program in the "mycard" section and doing it according to the instructions.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: How are you @AncientBoi :tpi: :tpi: :tpi: :tpi: :tpi: