GBARunner3?

Arda_U05

Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
when you want to release the gbarunner3?
Post automatically merged:

when you want to release gabrunner3?

Materion

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
But its still in the works, right? That gonna be big step towards running GBA games on DSi ❤️❤️. Cant wait for its release ❤️😍🥰.
Thank you for your hard work on this project - it will make many people happy ❤️❤️. Really appreciate it 🥰

Arda_U05

Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
i want to play superstars saga, its kinda laggy, i was in the caste and cant get to the door, 10h waste of time, i need to find another rom

DSoryu

GBA/NDS Maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
i want to play superstars saga, its kinda laggy, i was in the caste and cant get to the door, 10h waste of time, i need to find another rom

That game doesn't work and fixing it may be impossible unfortunately, the problems that game has is due to timing issues.

But its still in the works, right? That gonna be big step towards running GBA games on DSi ❤️❤️. Cant wait for its release ❤️😍🥰.
Thank you for your hard work on this project - it will make many people happy ❤️❤️. Really appreciate it 🥰

The main developer only works on this as a hobby and on his free time, please be patient, and on it's current state it already works great. Besides, it's open source and anyone is free to contribute.

Last edited by DSoryu,

4d1xlaan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How would we get this? I just updated my TWLMenu++ and want it to run GBARunner3.
Do you have a github account? You need one to download the built artifacts

https://github.com/Gericom/GBARunner3/actions

Click the name of one of the workflows, at the bottom you see Artifacts. If you're logged in then there will also be a download icon at the right

For pokemon emerald you will want this one
https://github.com/Gericom/GBARunner3/actions/runs/8774508226

For the rest you probably want this one
https://github.com/Gericom/GBARunner3/actions/runs/8763853833

Though personally I'm using this one right now, it has all the same commits as the previous one except with a different sd card driver which should be better and supposedly fixes some issues in a few games
https://github.com/Gericom/GBARunner3/actions/runs/8960900169

Reactions: Materion

4d1xlaan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Emerald uses hicode which is not merged in yet, I just mention emerald because it's the one most people will want to play

and there are bugs in the hicode version right now that still have to be fixed before it can be properly merged, pokemon emerald is one that should be mostly functional but I cant guarantee other games

tbh I would use the hicode one for everything but there is a nasty bug where a+b+start+select crashes the game instead of soft reset

Reactions: 1nitiate

Reznc

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Emerald uses hicode which is not merged in yet, I just mention emerald because it's the one most people will want to play

and there are bugs in the hicode version right now that still have to be fixed before it can be properly merged, pokemon emerald is one that should be mostly functional but I cant guarantee other games

tbh I would use the hicode one for everything but there is a nasty bug where a+b+start+select crashes the game instead of soft reset
Which one is the hicode one? The one you recommended?

4d1xlaan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Should I drag/drop the contents of the _gba folder in GBARunner into my own _gba folder?
You will want the configs yes

Also put gba bios as bios.bin in _gba, because gbarunner3 requires a real gba bios

One more thing, the download for the hicode build didnt have some of the newer commits, so it doesnt have a bunch of the jit patches that the normal build has which makes games better, but strictly speaking that commit didnt add any new code, it just added new .json files

So you can download the regular build with all the manual jit patches, and put the .jsons in your /_gba/config/ folder, but use the hicode version of gbarunner3.gba, and you can benefit from some of the improvements that werent directly included in the hicode build download

Once I can be at a computer again I'll see if I can merge hicode branch with main branch on a local repo, and if I'm lucky the commit on hicode that breaks soft reset can be reverted without completely breaking hicode games lol

Reactions: Materion

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I'd quite enjoy a life of taking it easy. But I haven't reached that life yet.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: well guys, less than 2 hours until the direct