GBARunner3?

Ziko

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I downloaded both nightly builds and none of them do anything on my R4 DS card that has woodR4 on it. Is there any extra steps? I just wanted to test some games is all and if I can't get it to work, I may as well keep using GBARunner2 to play Apotris until this is finished completely.

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I downloaded both nightly builds and none of them do anything on my R4 DS card that has woodR4 on it. Is there any extra steps? I just wanted to test some games is all and if I can't get it to work, I may as well keep using GBARunner2 to play Apotris until this is finished completely.
You'll need to install TWiLight Menu++, and then put "GBARunner3.nds" in "sd:/_nds/TWiLightMenu/emulators/", open "sd:/_nds/TWiLightMenu/settings.ini", and add "GBARUNNER3_TEST = 1" underneath the "[SRLOADER]" line.
You'll also need to place the GBA BIOS in "sd:/_gba/", and name it "bios.bin", as well as putting the .json file and "config" folder into the "_gba" folder.

Ziko

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You'll need to install TWiLight Menu++, and then put "GBARunner3.nds" in "sd:/_nds/TWiLightMenu/emulators/", open "sd:/_nds/TWiLightMenu/settings.ini", and add "GBARUNNER3_TEST = 1" underneath the "[SRLOADER]" line.
You'll also need to place the GBA BIOS in "sd:/_gba/", and name it "bios.bin", as well as putting the .json file and "config" folder into the "_gba" folder.
Ah that's why it won't work on WoodR4 as it's built for TWiLight Menu++. Man I'm dumb. I'll try that when I can after I back everything up again. EDIT: It's all good now! Apotris worked perfectly and I will test out other games once I get more time down the line but I will still use WoodR4 to finish some other games first so I'll put this aside.

Last edited by Ziko,

DSoryu

GBA/NDS Maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Ah that's why it won't work on WoodR4 as it's built for TWiLight Menu++. Man I'm dumb. I'll try that when I can after I back everything up again. EDIT: It's all good now! Apotris worked perfectly and I will test out other games once I get more time down the line but I will still use WoodR4 to finish some other games first so I'll put this aside.

From the Discord server:

1712301990408.png

TheGlutton

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Where is the best place for feature requests? I would LOVE it if I could close my DSi and it would pause/sleep the game I am running. That would be a game changer XD

DSoryu

GBA/NDS Maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Reactions: TheGlutton

TheGlutton

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That feature has been added to the GitHub repo as a feature enhancement, so it may be added eventually yeah.

https://github.com/Gericom/GBARunner3/issues/18
That is awesome! Being able to pickup and put-down play quickly and on the go is one of the best things about handhelds :D

I hope to become more helpful to this project (and a SNES Emulator) in the future when I am out of school. I really believe the DSi XL/LL is destined to become the best handheld emulator around. \m/ o \m/

Ziko

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
From the Discord server:

View attachment 429897
Thanks! I got Apotris to run and it recognized my save file too. I also decided to move the gbr games into a separate /roms folder on the card so it won't get in the way of the main folder when I run some tests with other games.

EDIT: Hacks still don't work such as ones that add content and or are completely different games such as Castlevania Aria of Sorrow Reprise which turned the game into a roguelike.

Last edited by Ziko,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    S @ salazarcosplay: @BakerMan can one play cod from hen ps3?