[QUESTION] What happens when you do a transfer from emuNAND to sysNAND?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by ShadowOne333, Mar 29, 2015.

1. ShadowOne333
    OP

ShadowOne333 GBAtemp Guru

Jan 17, 2013
    Mexico
    I've been having this in my mind lately.

Simple as it is...

If you have an emuNAND with CIAs installed and other stuff running in 9.6 (OG3DS) and you try to do a system transfer to a sysNAND on a New 3DS in 9.6...

What happens?
    What exactly gets carried over to the sysNAND of the New 3DS from the emuNAND?

2. osaka35

osaka35 Instrucional Designer

Nov 20, 2009
    United States
    Silent Hill

Pretty sure it just copies over what's linked to your NNID, since you have to have a NNID account before transferring (pretty sure that's right). It'd verify those purchases, and then assign them to your new console. Kinda like how Wii->wiiu transfer goes. Not sure about those CIAs that come with the console though...or if it deletes those it has no record of on your account, of if they just wouldn't play. Still a good question.

3. The Real Jdbye

The Real Jdbye Always Remember 30/07/08

GBAtemp Patron
    The Real Jdbye is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Mar 17, 2010
    Norway
    Alola
    As far as I know, it will simply delete any illegitimate titles installed.
    It might transfer them over, but you wouldn't be able to play them without GW mode (exception is legit CIAs)

4. ShadowOne333
    OP

ShadowOne333 GBAtemp Guru

Jan 17, 2013
    Mexico
    Oh yeah I remember something similar happened when I transferred my Wii files to my Wii U back then.
    Although, I got ahead of it, did a NAND backup of my Wii and when the transfer was done, I restored the NAND of my Wii to have everything back in it.
    Take that Nintendo. :P

But yeah, apparently all the custom WADs I had in my Wii didn't get transferred to the Wii U at all, only the official ones.
    Interesting, so it takes the eShop/NNID into consideration for the transfer.

5. KhaderWelaye

KhaderWelaye GBAtemp Fan

Mar 31, 2012
    United States
    I know for a fact that custom themes will be saved during a system transfer from an EmuNAND to a SysNand provided all the SD card files are copied onto the Target SD card, but I can't speak for anything else :x

osaka35 likes this.