[Question] Triforce Heroes and HANS freeze

Discussion in '3DS - ROM Hacking, Translations and Utilities' started by justread, Aug 7, 2016.

1. justread
    OP

justread Member

Newcomer
    Jul 19, 2016
    Australia
    I am using an original Triforce Heroes catridge (Europe) on Firmware 9.2 (with Luma + A9LH on sysnand, old 3ds). The game wants to update to 9.9 which I want to avoid. So I am trying to start it with HANS and spoof the firmware. But HANS freezes at a colored screen, even before the menu shows up. Someone on reddit seems to have same problem. The game catridge is original, bought from a big shop.

With Majoras Mask (original catridge too) it works fine, but HANS freezes with Triforce Heroes. I start the hb_launcher via the menu (it has a file extension, which reminds people of an US secret service).

Can I safely update via the catridge without destroying A9LH, Luma and the installed .xxx (US secret service) titles? Or even better, is there a version of HANS which can handle Triforce heroes?

Last edited by justread, Aug 7, 2016
  2. KunoichiZ

KunoichiZ GBAtemp Guru

Mar 16, 2012
    United States
    It's perfectly safe to update your 9.2 sysNAND (considering you have Luma+A9LH) to 11.0. Updating will not get rid of Luma nor A9LH.

What the heck are US secret service titles? :/

3. SimplyFedorable

SimplyFedorable Evangelion Geek

Apr 7, 2016
    United States
    melee hell
    he is referring to the .cia format

KunoichiZ likes this.
  4. TheVinAnator

TheVinAnator GBATemp's Greatest Vin

Jan 10, 2016
    Canada
    NO COFFEI!
    Yep what she said! No need for an emunand it would be overall better to put all data on sysnand and remove your emunand