Juanxrocker

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello Everyone,

I'm generally pretty good at figuring out things on my own through lurking the forums, but I have finally found something that I don't think I can fix.

tl;dr I can't get into the system settings of the Wii U. I also don't have any internet settings saved to it, so I can't perform the browser exploit. Autoboot has been disabled/erased, so no access to the Homebrew Channel. I do have access to the recovery menu.

This all started with my Wii U that I installed Haxchi on in maybe 2016? I never updated to Tiramisu and the Wii U was kept at firmware 5.5.3. One day it randomly stopped booting in the Wii U menu and would just stay at the white screen with the floating buttons background. I started doing some research into it and most places pointed me to using the recovery menu to set coldboot and rebooting, which I did.

After doing that, I noticed that my autoboot settings were deleted and the console would still not boot past the Wii U splash screen. After that, I went into the recovery menu again and reinstalled the Wii U menu using the install WUP function of the recovery menu.

I was then able to boot into the system, however, I was not able to get into the homebrew channel since I did not have cfw running. I then tried to set up an internet connection in order to update to Tiramisu, but I couldn't as the system settings app would cause the Wii U to become unresponsive and freeze.

I then tried manually updating the console to 5.5.6 by installing the individual files needed via WUP (I also tried reinstalling the System Settings app). I am now on 5.5.6 and I still can't get into the system settings.

I can't seem to figure it out and I was wondering if someone could help to point me in the right direction as to what to do next. I tried dumping logs, but I kept getting errors.

Thanks for any help

V10lator

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
What errors are you getting when trying to dump logs? Also what happens when you start the "DO NOT TOUCH" app (this should enable homebrew).

Juanxrocker

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Error when dumping logs:

Creating 'logs' directory...
Failed to create directory: fffcffbe

I tried manually creating a logs folder in the SD card but I still got the same error as well.

I forgot to mention that I had already tried opening the Do Not Touch app and that also froze in the same way as the system settings app does (splash screen comes on with background music and eventually the music stops and the gamepad becomes unresponsive)

Juanxrocker

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just finished checking it, flipped the write protection switch one way and then the other, and still no luck. Can confirm that write protection is not the issue.

Juanxrocker

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My Wii U was unused for a really long time so when I dusted it off again I was unaware of Tiramisu. I would like to upgrade but I can't get into the system settings to establish an internet connection to do the web exploit.

PCR25

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hello Everyone,

I'm generally pretty good at figuring out things on my own through lurking the forums, but I have finally found something that I don't think I can fix.

tl;dr I can't get into the system settings of the Wii U. I also don't have any internet settings saved to it, so I can't perform the browser exploit. Autoboot has been disabled/erased, so no access to the Homebrew Channel. I do have access to the recovery menu.

This all started with my Wii U that I installed Haxchi on in maybe 2016? I never updated to Tiramisu and the Wii U was kept at firmware 5.5.3. One day it randomly stopped booting in the Wii U menu and would just stay at the white screen with the floating buttons background. I started doing some research into it and most places pointed me to using the recovery menu to set coldboot and rebooting, which I did.

After doing that, I noticed that my autoboot settings were deleted and the console would still not boot past the Wii U splash screen. After that, I went into the recovery menu again and reinstalled the Wii U menu using the install WUP function of the recovery menu.

I was then able to boot into the system, however, I was not able to get into the homebrew channel since I did not have cfw running. I then tried to set up an internet connection in order to update to Tiramisu, but I couldn't as the system settings app would cause the Wii U to become unresponsive and freeze.

I then tried manually updating the console to 5.5.6 by installing the individual files needed via WUP (I also tried reinstalling the System Settings app). I am now on 5.5.6 and I still can't get into the system settings.

I can't seem to figure it out and I was wondering if someone could help to point me in the right direction as to what to do next. I tried dumping logs, but I kept getting errors.

Thanks for any help
I think maybe I can get help, I have a Japanese WiiU, in an attempt to translate it into my language, I ended up losing access to the Japanese settings, I had the idea of installing a wup from the American settings and I was successful, and so I was able to access the settings. wiiU internet, try there and then let me know, try installing the European or even Japanese settings if your wiiU is American.
Post automatically merged:

I think maybe I can get help, I have a Japanese WiiU, in an attempt to translate it into my language, I ended up losing access to the Japanese settings, I had the idea of installing a wup from the American settings and I was successful, and so I was able to access the settings. wiiU internet, try there and then let me know, try installing the European or even Japanese settings if your wiiU is American.

Reactions: Juanxrocker

Juanxrocker

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Post automatically merged:
I just gave it a try and I got a region error. I installed the EUR system settings on my American Wii U. I had 2 system settings on my homescreen and when I tried to open the new EUR one I got the error saying it could not be started since it is not in my region

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto