Misc Question about Unlink-Link sysNand and emuNand

kratoz29

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
1. Backup emuNand with the emuNand tool.
2. Backup emuNand's files which are inside the Nintendo 3DS folder of your sd card.
3. Format emunand from system settings (normally)
4. On the newly formatted emuNand, set everything up again ( date, name, etc.) and link your NNID ( now you can).
5. Turn off 3ds. And restore the emuNAND backup and the folder you backupd previously.
6. DONE

It worked like charm, thanks so much.

Trixcalibur

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
2. Backup emuNand's files which are inside the Nintendo 3DS folder of your sd card.
4. On the newly formatted emuNand, set everything up again ( date, name, etc.) and link your NNID ( now you can).
5. Turn off 3ds. And restore the emuNAND backup and the folder you backupd previously.
6. DONE
Help guys, I've done that but when I launch EmuNAND thee's nothing like before !

Ardend

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi all, so I followed this, and it seemed like it worked, but like the above poster I have none of my files in emunand. They aren't deleted, but they wont show up. Is there a way to reconnect them to EmuNand?

Edit: Figured it out, moved the files back to the SD in the wrong folder :P

Last edited by Ardend,

Temarile

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧ A9LH ✧゚・: *ヽ(◕ヮ◕ヽ)
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
6. DONE

I'm having struggles with the 5th step.
How to restore the emuNAND backup and the folder I backed up? I tried copying it to the Nintendo 3DS folder. It boots just fine using CtrBootManager but my cia's are gone. Then I tried "Clone EmuNAND.bin to EmuNAND" in EMUNAND9 but it said it failed..

EDIT: I was able to clone EmuNAND.bin by actually putting it in the EMUNAND9 folder, but now all my .cia's are gone. What do I need to do now?

Last edited by Temarile,

Devastus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm using a N3ds, with 9.2 sysNand and Rei 10.6.xU emuNand (unlinked from each other).
I backed up my emuNand by using the extract emuNand option within the tool and saved the emuNand9.bin to my desktop.
Then I backed up my entire SD card with the "Nintendo 3ds" > emuNand portion as well.
I booted my n3ds into emuNand then formatted using the normal system settings.
I re-setup the emuNand system (name, region, birthday, internet, etc.), then I linked my NNID to the emuNand.
After that I powered down my n3ds and put my SD card into my computer.

Now when I hit Inject Nand to emuNand, it says "NAND.bin This file doesn't exist create the file?"
My intention is to restore my emuNand backup that I made earlier using this tool. What am I doing wrong?

EDIT: This is the tool I am referring to

Last edited by Devastus,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.ebay.com/itm/386617469929?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=2T8UwYf_Qse&...