mbirth

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
Hi,

I've finally installed Atmosphere (mostly following Rentry howto) on my unpatched Erista. Here are the facts:

Erista (unpatched) with FW 17.0.0
Atmosphere 1.6.2 in emuNAND partition
booted via Hekate --> fusee.bin
Sigpatches from coomer
MITM DNS block via exosphere
Incognito via blank_prodinfo_emummc=1
Unlinked my profile from NNID via Linkalho

Copied existing (legit) eShop games on SD card from /Nintendo to /EmuMMC/RAW1/Nintendo folder and they all show up as properly installed after cloning SysNAND to emuNAND.

However, when trying to run any of these games, I get error 2155-8007. And when I enable Flight Mode, I only get the message to turn it off again.

I've tried linking my profile to some fake profile via Linkalho again, but this only produces error 2124-0220 "A Nintendo Account is required".

Where did I go wrong?

masagrator

The patches guy
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
2155-8007 is exactly because you are connected online and have blocked Nintendo servers. You cannot do much about it.

"any of these games" - you didn't provide even one example.

Reactions: BigOnYa

Quincy

Your own personal guitarist :3
Trophies
Website
youtek.net
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hi,

I've finally installed Atmosphere (mostly following Rentry howto) on my unpatched Erista. Here are the facts:

Sigpatches from coomer

Copied existing (legit) eShop games on SD card from /Nintendo to /EmuMMC/RAW1/Nintendo folder and they all show up as properly installed after cloning SysNAND to emuNAND.

However, when trying to run any of these games, I get error 2155-8007. And when I enable Flight Mode, I only get the message to turn it off again.

I've tried linking my profile to some fake profile via Linkalho again, but this only produces error 2124-0220 "A Nintendo Account is required".

Where did I go wrong?
If they are legit, you wouldn't need sigpatches as your signature would be valid (granted that the NNID/account used to buy/download these titles is present on your emunand.

If you want to play legit games, why not just (move the legit content back from sd:/emummc/raw1/nintendo to sd:/nintendo and) boot stock OS (NOT CFW - sysMMC but Stock - sysMMC) whenever you want to play these legit titles? It's what I do for titles I can go online with (Fall Guys, any NSO content, Rocket League atm) as Stock can be kept up-to-date serperately from emuMMC.

Edit: Could be that your sigpatches are not installed correctly. What I usually do to install sigpatches is just use AWOO installer, this installer can (un)install sigpatches for us correctly.

Reactions: mbirth

mbirth

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
"any of these games" - you didn't provide even one example.

All the eShop games that work fine on sysNAND.

E.g. Mario Kart 8, Broforce, Subnautica, Untitled Goose Game, Hollow Knight, Crysis Remastered, etc.

OTOH, running e.g. Starlink from cartridge (with updates/DLC installed to SD card) works fine.

Side note: I wasn't able to disable Cloud Saves before cloning as my membership ran out and now I can't get to the settings anymore.

Quincy

Trophies
Website
youtek.net
XP
Country
Netherlands
All the eShop games that work fine on sysNAND.

E.g. Mario Kart 8, Broforce, Subnautica, Untitled Goose Game, Hollow Knight, Crysis Remastered, etc.

OTOH, running e.g. Starlink from cartridge (with updates/DLC installed to SD card) works fine.

Side note: I wasn't able to disable Cloud Saves before cloning as my membership ran out and now I can't get to the settings anymore.
https://gbatemp.net/threads/using-sys-tweak-to-bypass-linked-nintendo-account-requirements.640432/

I'm just gonna leave this here, although building the piece of homebrew might be a bit complicated for someone without a properly configured code compilation system/IDE. I could fire up my dev enviroment and compile it for you if that's the case.

Edit: If it ran out it's not a problem, it would automatically disable cloud-saving as your access to the service would be revoked untill renewal.

mbirth

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
If they are legit, you wouldn't need sigpatches as your signature would be valid (granted that the NNID/account used to buy/download these titles is present on your emunand.

If you want to play legit games, why not just (move the legit content back from sd:/emummc/raw1/nintendo to sd:/nintendo and) boot stock OS (NOT CFW - sysMMC but Stock - sysMMC) whenever you want to play these legit titles? It's what I do for titles I can go online with (Fall Guys, any NSO content, Rocket League atm) as Stock can be kept up-to-date serperately from emuMMC.
Good point. I want to use EdiZon with some games, that's why I'm trying to get them running in CFW. From what I've read, since everything is legit, I might get away with running CFW and letting it go wild on the Nintendo servers. So that would be my last resort.

Edit: Could be that your sigpatches are not installed correctly. What I usually do to install sigpatches is just use AWOO installer, this installer can (un)install sigpatches for us correctly.
I've unpacked them manually into all correct/obvious folders and also used AiO Updater to install them. I might try AWOO, too, but don't think it'll change much.
Post automatically merged:

Brain fart: These games seem to still be linked to my NNID somehow. That's why the Switch wants to check whether I'm allowed to play them. Is there a way to remove that link?

I've read that dumping them, deleting and reinstalling via Tinfoil might work. But I don't want to do that with all those 10+ GB games if I can avoid this. Is there a way to fix the ticket only - or wherever the info is stored?

Last edited by mbirth,

Quincy

Trophies
Website
youtek.net
XP
Country
Netherlands
Good point. I want to use EdiZon with some games, that's why I'm trying to get them running in CFW. From what I've read, since everything is legit, I might get away with running CFW and letting it go wild on the Nintendo servers. So that would be my last resort.

I've unpacked them manually into all correct/obvious folders and also used AiO Updater to install them. I might try AWOO, too, but don't think it'll change much.
Edizon on a system that can contact Nintendos' servers would be a bad idea, bans have been known to be issued. Any kind of cheating or save-editing/swapping could get you banned. You could just move the content back to sysMMC and boot CFW sysMMC (ONLY) to dump the save files as of that time (and possibly the games too although you could just as well download them from some kind of illegal site (yarghhh)), install the same games (from nsp/xcis downloaded or dumped yourself) onto your emuMMC and then import the saves, but then you end up with two save games, one on each mmc.

Edit: if prodinfo is blanking correctly and nintendo servers are unreachable on CFW, you could just download a small (any) game and try to install/start that, that would tell us if the sigpatches are to blame or not.

mbirth

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
Any kind of cheating or save-editing/swapping could get you banned.

Using memloader while keeping everything clean seems to be fine, by the way. 😉

Edit: if prodinfo is blanking correctly and nintendo servers are unreachable on CFW, you could just download a small (any) game and try to install/start that, that would tell us if the sigpatches are to blame or not.

Installed an .nsp I had lying around and it works fine. So sigpatches seem to be good.

That means I'll have to dump/reinstall all the games, then? Or is there some tool to manipulate the metadata for installed games?

Quincy

Trophies
Website
youtek.net
XP
Country
Netherlands
Using memloader while keeping everything clean seems to be fine, by the way. 😉

Installed an .nsp I had lying around and it works fine. So sigpatches seem to be good.

That means I'll have to dump/reinstall all the games, then? Or is there some tool to manipulate the metadata for installed games?
Dumping/downloading the games would be the easiest (possibly only) way to get this fixed. You don't even necesarily have to copy everything back to sysMMC (SD) I just realised, when dumping correctly with DBI any personal information+the ticket will be stripped from the resulting dump and games do not have to be able to boot to be dumpable so you could just use DBI in CFW emuMMC if that's the part of the sd card the games are currently installed to.

This link (clicky) will get you all set up for dumping (both cartridge and digital) games the correct way.

After dumping it is just a matter of deleting the currently installed title (or moving it back to sd:/Nintendo if you would like to use it without cfw on stock, for online or whatever reason) and installing the dumped nsp(s) and you should be good to go then, hopefully.

zamastyle

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i did not read this whole thread so this may not be super helpful
Sigpatches from coomer

17.0.0 does not play very nicely with incognito/prod_info_blanking. Since you have dns mitm in place, I would revert those options to normal just to remove variables.
Linkalho doesn't seem to work quite right with 17.0.0. I haven't had time to play with that yet and sort out why. But try linking a fake account through tinfoil since I have seen more success with that on 17.

Quincy

Trophies
Website
youtek.net
XP
Country
Netherlands
i did not read this whole thread so this may not be super helpful

17.0.0 does not play very nicely with incognito/prod_info_blanking. Since you have dns mitm in place, I would revert those options to normal just to remove variables.
Linkalho doesn't seem to work quite right with 17.0.0. I haven't had time to play with that yet and sort out why. But try linking a fake account through tinfoil since I have seen more success with that on 17.
You say this, and yet I have zero problems using exo+dns_mitm on 17.0.0, and I've been running this setup since the day Atmosphere 1.6.2+hekate 6.0.7 were released :P (when I entered the switch scene a month or three ago ( :P ) the general advise was not to touch incognito but use exo+dns_mitm.

I just keep my main nnid logged in, which is fine cuz my emuMMC can't ping back to Nintendo to verify anything. Don't see why I should remove it and mess around with either sys_patch or linkaho instead :P

zamastyle

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You say this, and yet I have zero problems using exo+dns_mitm on 17.0.0, and I've been running this setup since the day Atmosphere 1.6.2+hekate 6.0.7 were released :P (when I entered the switch scene a month or three ago ( :P ) the general advise was not to touch incognito but use exo+dns_mitm.

I just keep my main nnid logged in, which is fine cuz my emuMMC can't ping back to Nintendo to verify anything. Don't see why I should remove it and mess around with either sys_patch or linkaho instead :P
Your solution doesn't really invalidate another solution. Glad your setup works for you. I'm not going to tell people to log into their nintendo account on a modded OS.

Reactions: Quincy

Quincy

Trophies
Website
youtek.net
XP
Country
Netherlands
Your solution doesn't really invalidate another solution. Glad your setup works for you. I'm not going to tell people to log into their nintendo account on a modded OS.
I never said I logged in, It just carried over like that when I initially dumped my sysmmc :P Neiither the less you are completely right, I also would not recommend that for any system that has not been set up with a solution to block out server traffic to big N ^^

mbirth

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
Okay, I got it. It really is an issue of the tickets being associated with my account/console.

I’ve now used nxdumptool to dump the tickets only (with the “remove console specific data” option turned ON), then used DBI to install them again (over the existing original tickets). And voilà! The games start, no more 2155-8007.

Just make sure to update ALL tickets of a game this way so everything is recognised.

Mata84

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Hey can you please guide me step by step how did you do it? Its for a game for my son that gives me same error.

mbirth

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
Hey can you please guide me step by step how did you do it? Its for a game for my son that gives me same error.
I went into nxdumptool, then "user titles menu", selected a game, "ticket dump options", then dumped everything I could find (base app, update, all DLCs and all DLC updates). And made sure that "remove console specific data" was always set to "yes".

Once done, I went into DBI --> Browse SD Card --> nxdt_rw_poc --> Ticket and - one after another - selected all the dumped tickets and installed them again. (First BASE, then UPD, then the DLCs.)

That's it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Oh boy psi posted a ltt video +1