Hacking Question Question about dual SD card for sysnand and emunand

hellotonothing

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hello everyone !!

I have a question in which i tried to search for an answer, but still a no go, and would appreciate any help possible on this.

I own a switch that hasn't been modified yet, so OFW running ok, with all my games, internet connection, a 400gb SD card, overall, my system is good and up and running just fine. My idea here, after all, is to know if there is a way for me without losing everything, or doing any factory resets, to use a second SD card that will be used for emunand, so when i want to run OFW, i can simply attach my existing card, and when i want to use emunand, i will switch my sd card after a poweroff, use the payload and let it load from there.

The scenario will simply be to phisically separate the sysnand and emunand, without having to mess by any means with the sysnand.

Again, any help will be appreciated.

Cheers !

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello everyone !!

I have a question in which i tried to search for an answer, but still a no go, and would appreciate any help possible on this.

I own a switch that hasn't been modified yet, so OFW running ok, with all my games, internet connection, a 400gb SD card, overall, my system is good and up and running just fine. My idea here, after all, is to know if there is a way for me without losing everything, or doing any factory resets, to use a second SD card that will be used for emunand, so when i want to run OFW, i can simply attach my existing card, and when i want to use emunand, i will switch my sd card after a poweroff, use the payload and let it load from there.

The scenario will simply be to phisically separate the sysnand and emunand, without having to mess by any means with the sysnand.

Again, any help will be appreciated.

Cheers !
Yes, you can do this. Just do the emuNAND setup with the SD card you want to be used with your emuNAND.

Reactions: hellotonothing

hellotonothing

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Thanks a lot, it is not that i am 100% of a ban or something like that, but i do like to keep things organized in a way to "destroy" things as less as possible. Will try it :) thanks

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: 3D printing with chocolate. :D