is formatting sd card necessary if im installing file based emunand?

Danial1382

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Iran
hey everyone
up until now i was using atmosphere on sysnand without even knowing since i had bought my switch already jailbroken.
recently i tried updating my OFW of sysnand but daybreak doesnt seem to be able to install it.
so im preparing to install emunand on my already full sd card (i have games and saves on it) and i vwas wondering if i need to transfer them to my pc ( which is a bit difficult since i have around 150+ gb of data) if i used file based emummc?

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
hey everyone
up until now i was using atmosphere on sysnand without even knowing since i had bought my switch already jailbroken.
recently i tried updating my OFW of sysnand but daybreak doesnt seem to be able to install it.
so im preparing to install emunand on my already full sd card (i have games and saves on it) and i vwas wondering if i need to transfer them to my pc ( which is a bit difficult since i have around 150+ gb of data) if i used file based emummc?
Why "Atmosphère" is "unable" to install new Firmware?

Which Firmware is your SysNAND TODAY
Which Atmosphère version have you just now on your SD?

How do you boot into CFW? (Type on injector or modchip)

Danial1382

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Iran
Why "Atmosphère" is "unable" to install new Firmware?

Which Firmware is your SysNAND TODAY
Which Atmosphère version have you just now on your SD?

How do you boot into CFW? (Type on injector or modchip)
I can update atmosphere but not the OFW ,for some reason daybreak just refuses to update the FW which I downloaded from darthsternie. error

current FW is 14.1.0 and no matter what i do i cant upgrade to any of the higher versions.
Atmosphere is the latest one 1.6.2 .

i use injector since i have an unpatched switch.

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
I can update atmosphere but not the OFW ,for some reason daybreak just refuses to update the FW which I downloaded from darthsternie. error
Which error, can you please share with us the screenshoot of the error.
Post automatically merged:

also please do check the SHA1 checksum of the files you downloaded, can you try too the github of some guy THZoria

and the https://gbatemp.net/download/nintendo-switch-firmware-datfile.36558/updates datfiles to test you have a correct downloaded file.

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Seems you messed you sysnand, you can:
  • Try first to run bit repair from Hekate then restart your console and try again.
  • Contact to Atmosphère support on discord (see the GitHub)
  • Use any of the guides here to re-create a new SysNAND (may be on a EmuNAND ) to remove the files you have wrong on your NAND.

Danial1382

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Iran
Seems you messed you sysnand, you can:
  • Try first to run bit repair from Hekate then restart your console and try again.
  • Contact to Atmosphère support on discord (see the GitHub)
  • Use any of the guides here to re-create a new SysNAND (may be on a EmuNAND ) to remove the files you have wrong on your NAND.
is bit repair the same as fix bit archive?
i will try to do the things you mentioned in order .
but just in case will re-creating a sys nand be easy?also i dont have the original back up

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia

Danial1382

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Iran
Yes it is

rebuild a nand is relativeley easy, make a copy of all your savegames and keys:
https://gbatemp.net/threads/nand-rebuilding-for-no-backup-broken-emmc.593995/
And I am recommending that because I know you don't have any backup.
thanks for your help.but before i try that, I was wondering,do you know what happens if i reset factory using daybreak?what files does it remove ,that need to be backed up ? i think that might help me solve it without using the method you posted.

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
thanks for your help.but before i try that, I was wondering,do you know what happens if i reset factory using daybreak?what files does it remove ,that need to be backed up ? i think that might help me solve it without using the method you posted.
If your Factory system restore, you need to backup all your savegames use JKSV for that, and after that you will need to reinstall all games again.

It s a test you can do before anything.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Its very simple. Below the page, you will find an option to see the list of staff members.