Switch sysMMC not accepting SD card after update with Tinfoil

TheMines

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hello everyone! i tried updating my switch sysmmc through daybreak to 17.0.0 (during the update i disabled dns mitm for whatever reason) and was met with the switch setup. Now, it's not been accepting my sd card, saying it is from another console.
It has a partition based emuMMC which still works perfectly and i have a full system backup, though i dont want to have to revert all my progress (since it's from before i installed the greater majority of my tweaks)
Is there anything i can do besides doing a full system restore?
(btw, i'm able to access hbmenu title override through a game card in sysmmc if that helps)

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not a single thing you said makes sense. TItle says you "updated with Tinfoil". Whatever that means. In the Body, you say you updated with daybreak. Then you disabled mitm... during the update? How exactly would you do that? You mean you disabled mitm, THEN updated with daybreak? WHY would you do that? Not a single person here, nor a single guide would tell you to.

No idea what you did to be "met with Switch setup". Do you have your prod.keys dumped? If you do, back them up. Then dump them again. Then check if SD_SEED is different between them. Oh, and do you have more than 1 switch? So you are SURE this card's Nintendo folder doesn't belong to another Switch?

Finally, why would you update to 17.0.0 at all, when the latest required for new games/patches/dlc is 17.0.1?

TheMines

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Post automatically merged:

Oh, my bad i meant daybreak lol

MITM was disabled when I rebooted into Hekate (auto rcm was on), where I then booted atmosphere into my sysNAND.

What I meant when I said "met with Switch setup" was when I turned on the switch, it acted like if the switch had just been bought and was being turned on for the first time.

17.0.0 was still working for the games I wanted to play, including super mario wonder.

And the Nintendo folder was that switch's, I don't have another switch besides a Lite which I haven't used my sd card with as of now.
@urherenow
Post automatically merged:

If I did have a prod.keys backup where would I make one and how would I dump it? I do remember doing multiple backups of all sorts with hekate. I also don't know where I can find SD_SEED.
@urherenow

Last edited by TheMines,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Uncensored patch for Barbie games?