Do I need to system restore if I never launched CFW?

Stick4260

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I followed the NH Switch Guide and did the emuNAND (on a different sd card) guide only up to the point where you launch the CFW. Which I did not do. Only wanted to run Lockpick rcm and I did a nand backup and did emuMMC on the sd card. Am I safe to just use my original SD and boot into OFW with Wifi On?

RednaxelaNnamtra

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Unless you install any type of nsps/xcis to the sysnand/sysmmc, it would even be mostly safe to boot into sysnand CFW without any emunand and go online (I'm doing this for years by now to increase the cpu clock and stream games like splatoon via sysdvr to discord).

Tools like lockpickRCM are even safer, since all they do is reading the sysnand, they never write to it, so if you just wanted to run lockpickRCM, you could have probably ignored everything about the emunand setup, and in theory also the nand backup, though a clean nand backup can always be good, just in case something breaks, like the actual physical emmc.

Reactions: Blythe93

LightBeam

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Even launching CFW on sysnand by itself is fine, it's about what you're doing on it.

Sysnand doesn't « see » that you have an emunand, so OFW on sysnand even if you have an emunand on the same SD is fine.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto