CFW and transferring to larger SD card

neko_koneko

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, I am trying to upgrade from a 64gb SD card to a 512gb SD card.
I have followed this guide (using the Hekate method):
https://rentry.org/EmuNANDNewSDcard

But, when I try to restore BOOT0, BOOT1, and RAW GPP, it says that the restore folder is empty. Should I move the raw.bin files and the 2 BOOT files to backup/restore/emummc/? Instead of
backup/restore/?

Also,.at this point, when I try launching into Atmosphere, I get the GPT signature error message. How can I fix these issues?

Thank you for your help.

Attachments

• 20240117_021051.jpg
    20240117_021051.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 18
  • 20240117_021120.jpg
    20240117_021120.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 19
  • 20240117_021102.jpg
    20240117_021102.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 24

iViperz

Trophies
XP
Country
Not too sure about the second question but yes you should move the contents from backup/emummc into backup/restore/emummc.

Do not use the backup in backup/ as this would be your sysnand backup

Reactions: neko_koneko

Lamcza

Typ tego typu.
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
So, I am trying to upgrade from a 64gb SD card to a 512gb SD card.
I have followed this guide (using the Hekate method):
https://rentry.org/EmuNANDNewSDcard

But, when I try to restore BOOT0, BOOT1, and RAW GPP, it says that the restore folder is empty. Should I move the raw.bin files and the 2 BOOT files to backup/restore/emummc/? Instead of
backup/restore/?

Also,.at this point, when I try launching into Atmosphere, I get the GPT signature error message. How can I fix these issues?

Thank you for your help.
yep and how can you boot to atmo emu when you dont restore emu yet?

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Serious question. Why don't you simply take this opportunity to start using a file-based emummc? You already have the files. And if I am mistaken here, and you're trying to restore a file-based... then what are you doing with hekate?

If you're moving from partition based, just:

1) copy the SD over (after letting hekate format the new card)
2) rename emummc/RAW1 (or whatever your folder is called) to emummc/SD00
3) Create a blank file "file_based" inside of SD00 **(DELETE "raw_based")**
4) Create a folder "eMMC"
5) Drop your boot and bin files into emuMMC/SD00/eMMC (should be no .bin extensions though... just BOOT0, BOOT1, 00, 01, etc)

Then edit your emummc.ini to match. For example (id doesn't matter much as far as I know):

Code:
[emummc]
enabled=1
sector=0x0
path=emuMMC/SD00
id=0x30304453
nintendo_path=emuMMC/SD00/Nintendo

Last edited by urherenow,

neko_koneko

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Serious question. Why don't you simply take this opportunity to start using a file-based emummc? You already have the files. And if I am mistaken here, and you're trying to restore a file-based... then what are you doing with hekate?

5) Drop your boot and bin files into emuMMC/SD00/eMMC (should be no .bin extensions though... just BOOT0, BOOT1, 00, 01, etc)

Then edit your emummc.ini to match. For example (id doesn't matter much as far as I know):

Code:
[emummc]
enabled=1
sector=0x0
path=emuMMC/SD00
id=0x30304453

That's a good idea. I would mich rather have a file based emummc.

Am I able to switch to a file based emummc at any time? Whether or not I am tranferring, etc.?
Post automatically merged:

Not too sure about the second question but yes you should move the contents from backup/emummc into backup/restore/emummc.

I believe backup/emummc is empty as I just put the BOOT files and the RAW.bin files in backup/restore. I'll double check, though. So the sysnand backup is under just backup/? What is the name of the sysnand backup? I don't know if I have seen anything there.

Alright, so I finished with Migrate Emummc from the tutorial that I posted above. Whwn I try to boot into Atmosphere, however, I get the error, "A fatal error occurred when running Fusee. Failed to find INI1!"
What should I do next?

Attachments

• 20240117_092605.jpg
    20240117_092605.jpg
    336.5 KB · Views: 23
Last edited by neko_koneko,

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you’re going to do it, you want to do it NOW. If you make a partition-based first, then you’ll need to re-backup all of your stuff, then repartition, before copying everything back.

And there may be a bug with the current hekate and how it reads emummc.ini, that causes issues with raw partition emummc (the starting sector is messed up). Look at the latest issue (912) on github, and there is a fixed version attached to the bottom.

Edit: speaking of which, if you tried to restore your emummc, and AFTERWORDS, copied your sd contents back over, then you will have overwritten emummc.ini and are most likely using the wrong starting sector. Your error also appears when you use the wrong BOOT0/BOOT1 files (like from an older firmware).

Last edited by urherenow,

neko_koneko

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you’re going to do it, you want to do it NOW. If you make a partition-based first, then you’ll need to re-backup all of your stuff, then repartition, before copying everything back.

And there may be a bug with the current hekate and how it reads emummc.ini, that causes issues with raw partition emummc (the starting sector is messed up). Look at the latest issue (912) on github, and there is a fixed version attached to the bottom.

Edit: speaking of which, if you tried to restore your emummc, and AFTERWORDS, copied your sd contents back over, then you will have overwritten emummc.ini and are most likely using the wrong starting sector. Your error also appears when you use the wrong BOOT0/BOOT1 files (like from an older firmware).

Alright. I want to start over with this card. To wipe it, do I format it on my PC? Or partition it in the Hekate menu? I have my backup files on my desktop. When do I move them to the new card? I will try what you mentioned about moving to SD based.

Code:
[emummc]
enabled=1
sector=0x0
path=emuMMC/SD00
id=0x30304453

Do I wipe the card on my Switch? How do I let Hekate format it?

neko_koneko

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Through the partition menu. Yes, it is best to do that with hekate. Then also within nyx, you can connect to your PC and copy everything over, without removing the card.

I see now. So my steps should be (if I want to start over and move to filed based):
1. Wipe card through partition menu in Hekate. Is it undertools?
2. Copy contents of the old SD card over to the new card within nyx, or can I use my PC and put the new card in the SD slot?
3. Follow steps above to change to file/SD based emuMMC.

neko_koneko

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Through the partition menu. Yes, it is best to do that with hekate. Then also within nyx, you can connect to your PC and copy everything over, without removing the card.
Alright. So I finally just finished copying everything over to my new SD card. I didn't restore or migrate the emuMMC, however. I do have my backup on my PC of course. Anyway, whenever I try booting into Atmosphere through"Launch" >Atmosphere F00S CFW, I get the error, " emuMMC is forced but not enabled." Then when I tried booting through "payloads" and fusee.bin, it did just fine. I checked my System information in the HOS menu, but I can't see the version because it says that an update is available. I did go into "Albums" and managed to install some previous things though. What does the emuMMC forced error mean?

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hekate_ipl.ini… the entry you tried to launch has the emummc force option =1.

and do you realize what you just said? You haven’t setup emummc yet… but you installed things? You just installed things onto your sysMMC, and will likely get a ban the next time you try connecting to the App Store.

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

and do you realize what you just said? You haven’t setup emummc yet… but you installed things? You just installed things onto your sysMMC, and will likely get a ban the next time you try connecting to the App Store.

It is called eshop not app store

neko_koneko

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I've created an emuMMC fir RAW1 before installing things. Does RAW1 correspond emummc force option =1? I am confused though because in create emuMMC, there are 3 spaces available. RAW1, 2, and 3. Why is 1 hidden? On the right side, there is space for the SD/file based partition. Is it fine to create an emuMMC there as well? Also, do I update the Nintendo firmware first, or Atmosphere CFW? I ask because when booted into Atmosphere, under "system" I am unable to see the version of the CFW because it say that an update is available. Do I update while booted into Atmosphere? What is my serial number supposed to look like when I am in CFW? Is it just 0's or XA000, etc.?

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry, but I think I’m done trying to help you. I’m like 95% certain that you’ve already made mistakes that will ultimately get your switch banned, and 100% certain that you don’t understand enough about anything at all, to be messing with CFW. @Hayato213 already provided a link to a thread with tutorials on how to do what you want. You should probably try your best to follow that.

https://gbatemp.net/threads/emutool...r-sd-switch-emu-type-on-sxos-and-more.550756/

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: it looks like a little kids' game, and bunny (welcome btw) is looking for an uncensor patch