Question about bans

Discussion in 'Switch - Console, Accessories & Hardware' started by seba201x, Feb 1, 2018.

1. seba201x
    OP

seba201x Member

Newcomer
    Jul 16, 2016
    Cote d'Ivoire
    Hi, i bought wwe 2k18 from Switzerland eshop but the game is a mess and nintendo denied me the refund so if i claim the payment with the bank the account will get banned but the console will get banned too?

2. TheCyberQuake

TheCyberQuake Certified Geek

Dec 2, 2014
    United States
    Las Vegas, Nevada
    I'm pretty sure nintendo bans people that do that. Next time do research before buying a game. It's been well known that the game is bad

3. isoboy

isoboy GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Dec 23, 2016
    United States
    Nintendo are breaking the law when it comes to refund for digital content. Right? It's some sketchy-ass shit! You can't get a refund no matter what you do. I'll just steal their shit then.

4. Normmatt

Normmatt Former AKAIO Programmer

Dec 14, 2004
    New Zealand
    Next time read the terms and conditions before buying stuff online.... its your own fault so stop bitching about it.

digipimp75 likes this.
  5. TheCyberQuake

Dec 2, 2014
    United States
    Las Vegas, Nevada
    It isn't illegal in most places. Only certain countries have strict refund laws that would prohibit nintendo from doing this. In the US you don't have to even offer refunds
    Plus in using eshop you agree to their TOS which likely states they don't have to offer refunds.

zeveroth likes this.
  6. seba201x
    OP

seba201x Member

Newcomer
    Jul 16, 2016
    Cote d'Ivoire
    Its obvious that my account will get banned but my question is. Will the console get banned too?

7. Thirty3Three

Thirty3Three Musician Member

Banned
    Mar 22, 2013
    United States
    Wherever you want me, baby.
    Don't be a penis.

8. Memoir

Memoir Just a Memory

GBAtemp Patron
    Memoir is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jun 24, 2007
    United States
    Somewhere, over there!
    The famous Norm comes out of hiding to tell someone off? Oh my.

TheCyberQuake and Thirty3Three like this.
  9. seba201x
    OP

seba201x Member

Newcomer
    Jul 16, 2016
    Cote d'Ivoire
    Yes i know, but if they sell me a game literally unplayable.... Maybe they can do an exception

10. TheCyberQuake

Dec 2, 2014
    United States
    Las Vegas, Nevada
    But it isn't "literally unplayable". That's literally an incorrect use of the word literally.

11. Sonic Angel Knight

Sonic Angel Knight GBAtemp Legend

May 27, 2016
    United States
    New York
    Define unplayable. What makes the game unplayable?:unsure:

Unplayable means there is no way to play or even finish the game, if the game is bad cause you don't enjoy it or there huge gaping flaws that is different than unplayable.

12. Scarlet

Scarlet Self-Inflicted Achromatic

pip Contributor
    GBAtemp Patron
    Scarlet is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jan 7, 2015
    United Kingdom
    Middleish North-Left
    Quoting IGN's review, it really does seem somewhat unplayable lol
    I suppose this should just serve as a lesson to check out your games before you drop money on them. Better to accept the damage done at this point and try to move past it.

13. Sonic Angel Knight

May 27, 2016
    United States
    New York
    Well because I never play those games, I cannot say. But I mean unplayable is a important word. Such with any person making a case, they need to provide reasons to support their claim. If I think a game is unplayable, it means that more than half the players casual or experienced who try the game will be unable to do much let alone play it as intended.

Scarlet likes this.
  14. linuxares

linuxares GBAtemp Psycho!

Aug 5, 2007
    will answer most questions about the game

15. seba201x
    OP

seba201x Member

Newcomer
    Jul 16, 2016
    Cote d'Ivoire
    Lo
    Nintendo at least told me that i need to talk with 2k for something

16. Captain_N

Captain_N GBAtemp Maniac

Mar 29, 2010
    United States
    Un playable like cheethamen 2?

17. Dracari

Dracari GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Apr 5, 2009
    United States
    ok question about the frame rate both your complaining about anyone else is are you playing it in TV Mode (Docked) or Handheld? that can make a bit of difference not for the Switch's CPU but it's Ram Freq, and GPU clockspeed. in handheld Mode it Does down-clock ram and GPU Clock speeds by quite a bit. (in heavily effect laden areas in games like BotW that would be easily noticeable going from the dock to handheld mode and you'd see it almost immediately droping FPS by atleast 10. till it recovers changing modes)

if those low Framerates in the game in question is present in both Portable and Docked mode then yea full on no excuse for it to be sold before any fine tuning can be done for the platform.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2016-nintendo-switch-spec-analysis

in portable CPU stays at the same 1020Mhz but GPU: 307.2Mhz Ram 1331Mhz and while Docked, again CPU: 1020Mhz, GPU: 768Mhz and ram 1600Mhz. and thats IF a developer for a game hasnt hobbled the Docked performance to match Undocked Performance as it's a Software setting. (the undocked setting i can imagine mainly because of battery life. but Why Hobble the thing while docked? Maybe because of heat output?)

sorry to nerd out but thats something to consider before crying "Slow/unplayble framerate" is Which MODE your using the switch in (as for the NerdCubed video i only see him using it in undocked mode)

Last edited by Dracari, Feb 6, 2018
  18. isoboy

Dec 23, 2016
    United States
    I stand by all my purchases. I bought RE Revelations 2 to play co-op with my brother. Then he says he's not that interested and I decided to try for a refund to see what would happen. I hadn't even finished the download. I cancelled it and deleted the game. I had no hopes after my first experience with Snake Pass. There was no refund. I learned my lesson there and then early on. I expected something like with Steam or Origin where they don't ask any questions but Nintendoes what they don't so beware I guess. My brother got the game soon after and we enjoyed raid mode for about an hour before he got bored of the "repeating levels". Now I'm enjoying it alone.

19. Sonic Angel Knight

May 27, 2016
    United States
    New York
    Did you need a SD card to download the game? What size do you have?:unsure:

20. isoboy

Dec 23, 2016
    United States
    Oh yeah, I noticed it's like 23gb but I've had a 128gb card since I got the console.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice