Hacking Puyo Puyo Tetris Translation (Translators Needed)

Irastris

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Would also love to contribute to this project if it's still being worked on.

Too bad they don't appear to have early releases so people can at least enjoy what they have translated so far.

Might just do this myself if it turns out the project is canceled.

Last edited by Irastris,
Reactions: Chuardo and xtheman

ongo_gablogian

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Might just do this myself if it turns out the project is canceled.

Please let me know if you decide to start working on this project. I've been working on a translation for the 3DS and have a decent amount finished. Considering the game/files are very similer, it might be smart to pool our resources.

Irastris

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Since Flurry never actually told anyone how to extract images from the game, here's how:

Download Puyo Tools and use the program to extract the NARC archives in the game. This will result in a series of files without extensions for each archive. You can then use a hex editor to find out what extension they should have, rename them as such, and then use the proper tools to convert those to an editable format.

So far I have found BMs, GTXs, GXTs and CTPK files. The BMs don't seem to be needed for this translation project, but the other formats require TexHaxU, Scarlet, and CTPKTool respectively.

For example, this is one of the images produced by extracting the CTPK within minnade_machiuke.narc.
vkkxha.png

Last edited by Irastris,

Flurry

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I plan on working on this again sometime soon!

All the images that need editing should be extracted now, but I need a good way to share them for people who want to help with image editing. I think a discord server may be helpful for better organizing?

F. Lobot

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, this project seems pointless now that the game's coming to the west. How close to completion was it?

lordelan

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Well, this project seems pointless now that the game's coming to the west. How close to completion was it?
Why are you indicating that every Wii U owner is going to get a Switch? I'm not, at least not for the first few months and even then I still would love an english Wii U translation of this as I love my Wii U. Even if it's just the menu. So is there any progress done? :)

Reactions: Yoni Arousement

OrGoN3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why are you indicating that every Wii U owner is going to get a Switch? I'm not, at least not for the first few months and even then I still would love an english Wii U translation of this as I love my Wii U. Even if it's just the menu. So is there any progress done? :)

I'm not getting a Switch, but somebody who does can sit there and give us the english translations for everything if they want.

krueger96

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hi, sorry for the off topic, i played this game quite a lot in one and two player mode, and it's great. haven't tried 3 player mode until recently, and i noticed some horrendous input lag. Is the game 3 and 4 player mode broken? or i have to tweak settings in my tv? any other game works fine

Waveracer

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
So is it there any way to play the game in English on 3DS (A9LH+Luma)? I have no plan to buy a Switch. I'd help if I had the knowledge!

Last edited by Waveracer,

Khar00f

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
@Flurry anyone has an update on this? Is it still being worked on?

Is it complete?

With the demo English Nintendo Switch version out, will it help translate missing things?

Anything we can do to help the progress?

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @The Real Jdbye, I know what it is. :creep: