Puyo Puyo Tetris Translation (Translators Needed)

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by Flurry, May 16, 2016.

1. Flurry
    OP

Flurry Member

Newcomer
    Sep 1, 2013
    United States
    [​IMG]

Hello, first off this is my first translation project, and I'm not entirely sure if this is the correct place to post this.

There is a somewhat large amount of text in this game because of the story mode, but other than that it's basically menu stuff. What's needed is translators, image editors, and perhaps some people to help with editing an localizing the text.

I've been going off the menu translations from bayoen.fr and puyo nexus (found here https://puyonexus.net/wiki/Puyo_Puyo_Tetris_Menu_Translation) for what I have so far , but that's not everything.
    I've decided to keep the style in line with the Puyo Nexus translations for 20th and 7, and use BD Cartoon Shout for the main font. You can see samples in the screenshots below and what not.

All the text has been dumped!
    Images will follow eventually.
    If you want to type out the translations in this dump, don't use line breaks. Use the "|" character to represent a line break or just don't put one for now and I'll try to automate it what I inject them.
    I'll add videos with context when I get the story text ready.
    Images to be Translated
    Screenshots

So yeah, if anyone is interested, I would really appreciate it! Translations are the most important part for now, though, but help with image editing would be nice too.

Last edited by Flurry, May 18, 2016

2. kingraa777

kingraa777 boom!

Apr 17, 2015
    awsum idea :)

3. handy333

handy333 GBAtemp Regular

Sep 8, 2010
    United States
    Over in Wonderlust
    I just got finished playing it. I like it, well, the Tetris part.
    I would like to contribute if someone has the tools.

4. kavid

kavid GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Sep 28, 2008
    Switzerland
    Do you need translate Japanese to Chinese languageļ¼Ÿ

5. handy333

handy333 GBAtemp Regular

Sep 8, 2010
    United States
    Over in Wonderlust
    Japanese

6. KiiWii

KiiWii GBAtemp Psycho!

Nov 17, 2008
    United Kingdom
    Looking forward to the end result! I tried play this game and it was way too foreign for me to get into, so this could be fantastic!

7. handy333

handy333 GBAtemp Regular

Sep 8, 2010
    United States
    Over in Wonderlust
    I remember how Mean Bean Machine used to make me so mad as a kid so I never really had a good experience with the game. You got enemies from the Sonic cartoon making faces at as you're losing. It was irritating but I'm sure this is a different experience. So far I like the guy/girl with the mismatched eyes. His/her voice sounds familiar.

KiiWii likes this.
  8. Jackall4BDN

Jackall4BDN Haunter of Daydreams and Nightmares

Nov 8, 2013
    Gambia, The
    Within your Mind
    I know kinda offtopic and i know for 98% sure that the incoming answer is no, but are there any ways to actually buy that game and spoof the region or something for eshop to be able to play the UVersion online or do i need to buy the Vita Version and play it on PSTV? Because i really was starting craving to play it against real enemies on the bigscreen as soon as i played, yesterday, as opposed to the "casual tetris fix" the 3ds-version delivers to me, even tho they are virtually identical. It just feels different on TV. Didn't have a good onlinetetris that fits my pace except for Tetris Online Poland in a while and the players there are still way above my league...

Last edited by Jackall4BDN, May 17, 2016
  9. BurningDesire

BurningDesire GBAtemp Psycho!

Jan 27, 2015
    United States
    Behind a screen reading news
    Id contribute if I could speak Japanese
    :cry::cry::cry:

Jackall4BDN likes this.
  10. handy333

handy333 GBAtemp Regular

Sep 8, 2010
    United States
    Over in Wonderlust
    Good question.

11. Jackall4BDN

Nov 8, 2013
    Gambia, The
    Within your Mind
    Indeed it is, sir.
    [​IMG]

ScarletDreamz and handy333 like this.
  12. RupeeClock

RupeeClock Colors 3D Snivy!

May 15, 2008
    Color me interested, I just recently acquired the 3DS game.
    Although making a translation patch for both versions requires different work entirely, even if they would have the same things to translate.

13. Garro

Garro Pendulum of souls!

Aug 15, 2009
    Cote d'Ivoire
    Somewhere
    Gosh I'm getting so hyped for this, I 100% cleared the 3DS version and I would love to replay it this time understanding the story (and on the WiiU no less). Good luck to you!

14. Jackall4BDN

Nov 8, 2013
    Gambia, The
    Within your Mind
    Only thing i found awkward is that none of the dpads for wiiu controllers actually clicked right with me, they feel very squishy compated to the 3ds one. I would advise people to use HID to VPAD and play with ps3 or 4 controller or keyboard

15. handy333

handy333 GBAtemp Regular

Sep 8, 2010
    United States
    Over in Wonderlust
    Geez, I can't find any tools for the WiiU Edition.

16. Jackall4BDN

Nov 8, 2013
    Gambia, The
    Within your Mind
    i'm with you, i googled a bit and there doesnt seem to be any tool to properly edit the .narc files for this game (don't get encouraged people, every .narc editor you will find pre2016 will be for pokemon and mario games, those files are different)

17. handy333

handy333 GBAtemp Regular

Sep 8, 2010
    United States
    Over in Wonderlust
    Yeah, I think those files are for ds games.

18. Flurry
    OP

Flurry Member

Newcomer
    Sep 1, 2013
    United States
    I already made the tools for editing every file needed for this translation. I'll upload the rest of the text dumps soon, but it may take a bit for me to go through and collect all the images that need translating.
    I've already got the main menu, solo menu, and multiplayer menu images translated, so there's some okay progress so far.

Oh, and the narcs actually ARE the ones used commonly in the NDS. Endianess and all! :P

cearp likes this.
  19. Jackall4BDN

Nov 8, 2013
    Gambia, The
    Within your Mind
    mind sharing those tools reeeeel quick? :creep:

20. Flurry
    OP

Flurry Member

Newcomer
    Sep 1, 2013
    United States
    I uploaded all the text dumps!
    There may be a bug in a few story chapter ones, but I'll fix them manually.

Next I really need to take inventory of the images. There are quite a bit of those scattered around, so it will take a little while.

Puyo Tools can be used for the narc files, I think.
    My things for the images and text aren't really that useful on their own. I'm just going to upload the txt and png files they spit out that need translating to make it more convenient for everyone.