Hacking Puyo Puyo Tetris Translation (Translators Needed)

Khar00f

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I just uploaded the options menu video in you tube.

Let me know what else I can help with.

Since I haven't played very much or every mode, shove things will only show once you play or unlock them, so it's possible the menu is not 100%.

It's only 720p 30fps, I was running low on space on my phone and I don't think anything higher would be make a difference.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

zadanlavey

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I just uploaded the options menu video in you tube.

Let me know what else I can help with.

Since I haven't played very much or every mode, shove things will only show once you play or unlock them, so it's possible the menu is not 100%.

It's only 720p 30fps, I was running low on space on my phone and I don't think anything higher would be make a difference.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Great Khar00f!
I'll update the "MyData.txt" file ASAP. You are right about the pending unlockables but that's minimal and eventually we will have it.
The video is perfect, it's only required to be readable and it's more than perfect.

I think we should go for the lesson part now. A different video for each (Easy, Medium & Hard); Puyo Puyo , Puyo Tetris Fusion & Tetris. Depending in how long they are.

Thank you again for your time and being part of this.

Hey guys! Good job and good luck with the developing of the patch, just wanna ask, is there any possibility of porting it to the vita version at some point after?

Hello, once we are done with this project, it should be relatively easy to apply it to the Vita version. I have found files that correspond to the PSP Development KIT. Looks like this game has been made having the multiplatform in mind since the beginning.

For the moment, let me share the characters textures I have found. Click here.

zL

Reactions: InquisitionImplied

zadanlavey

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I'll get on those lesson videos as soon as I can, hopefully I'll have them all by weeks end.

I will upload them as I get them done.

No problem Khar00f, in the meantime I still have work to do with the file exploration (Hope to finish this week too) and be able to proceed with the creation of the required tools to inject the text. Texture mod is not a problem.

By the way, does the switch version start with a white text on a black background?

On the Japanese version the game shows two screens with text at the very start (I'll post the japanese samples later). If the USA version have them, please send them too.

EDIT: hello @Khar00f here are the screen captures mentioned above.
Black Screen 01.PNG
Black Screen 02.PNG

zL

Last edited by zadanlavey,

zadanlavey

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Hello everyone;

It's time for the first texture editing. This means that if you have skills for Photoshop, Gimp or any other similar software you can help.

We need to edit / create the next images from the main menu:
Main Menu.PNG

Adventure.PNG

Solo Arcade.PNG

Multiplayer Arcade.PNG

Options & Data.PNG

Online.PNG

Lessons.PNG

Please provide only the text with a transparent background (Note that the "Main Menu" one has a transparent shadow). You will need to recreate the text to improve the quality from these captures, not just remove the background. Use them as a template.

You can download this first texture pack to edit from here. Let me know any question.

zL

Last edited by zadanlavey,

InquisitionImplied

Two-cent DF
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello everyone;

It's time for the first texture editing. This means that if you have skills for Photoshop, Gimp or any other similar software you can help.

Please provide only the text with a transparent background (Note that the "Main Menu" one has a transparent shadow). You will need to recreate the text to improve the quality from these captures, not just remove the background. Use them as a template.

You can download this first texture pack to edit from here. Let me know any question.

zL
I'll go ahead and do them. Would you like them as .psd files?

Last edited by InquisitionImplied,
Reactions: zadanlavey

zadanlavey

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I'll go ahead and do them. Would you like them as .psd files?

Awesome! Thank you very much and welcome to the team!

I was thinking on the .PNG only, but it would be great if you share the source file as well (.psd in this case), to be able to adjust anything if required.

Thanks again and let me know any other question.

zL

zadanlavey

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Is making the font at just double the size high enough quality? Anything higher and the stroke layer effect for Photoshop can't smoothly outline it anymore. I've been looking into how to fix that, however.

The templates are in the real size as they where shown on the TV, if your's looks smooth at that size, that's perfect. Maybe you can alter the size (but don't forget to maintain the aspect) and then I can scale it once I put it in the sprite used in the game.

zL

zadanlavey

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Here you are, then! I think I got the "Main_Menu"'s shadow transparency right.

Wow!, I was smiling while reviewing them because the excellent work! Is great to have you in the team, this is going to be a great translation.

I'll post the applied modified textures in the game later (I'm finishing file exploration for today). If there is no problem (I'm sure it wouldn't) I'll share the next required textures to be translated and follow this workflow.

Thanks again for your great work!

zL

InquisitionImplied

Two-cent DF
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow!, I was smiling while reviewing them because the excellent work! Is great to have you in the team, this is going to be a great translation.

I'll post the applied modified textures in the game later (I'm finishing file exploration for today). If there is no problem (I'm sure it wouldn't) I'll share the next required textures to be translated and follow this workflow.

Thanks again for your great work!

zL

You're welcome! You can post the next set and I'll get to them throughout today.

zadanlavey

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
You're welcome! You can post the next set and I'll get to them throughout today.

Here you have then. Two more sets related to the Solo Arcade section:

Solo Arcade Main Menu Pack Download
Solo Arcade Challenge Menu Pack Download

There is another detail to take into account... Please provide the textures in two versions. One with the fill in yellow (When the option is selected) and the other filled in white (When is not selected).

Here is an example (But not for the same game mode):

Endless Fever.PNG - Not selected

Endless Puyo.PNG - Selected

The header on each menu is not selectable, so you can ignore those ("Challenge - Main - With Shadow.PNG" & "Solo Arcade Main - With Shadow.PNG" on attached files).

Let me know any doubt.

zL

InquisitionImplied

Two-cent DF
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here you have then. Two more sets related to the Solo Arcade section:

Solo Arcade Main Menu Pack Download
Solo Arcade Challenge Menu Pack Download

There is another detail to take into account... Please provide the textures in two versions. One with the fill in yellow (When the option is selected) and the other filled in white (When is not selected)

Let me know any doubt.

zL

Here are both the packs. I've found the game uses the font Mikado Bold, so I've went back to the first pack as well to fix some of the options, since I vectored all of those. I'll take longer to do any other images you need help with, so someone else could do them if they wanted.

Updated Pack - http://www.mediafire.com/file/ezh67s9n9uz229p/Menu_Options_3-Pack.zip

zadanlavey

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
You two are awesome.

We are a Triforce now, don't forget @Khar00f providing the translated material (fundamental part for this work).

Here are both the packs. I've found the game uses the font Mikado Bold, so I've went back to the first pack as well to fix some of the options, since I vectored all of those. I'll take longer to do any other images you need help with, so someone else could do them if they wanted.

Great work! and finding the used font is a great discovery to make the work easier. Don't worry about your time, I loved your work (Very clean and organized). But anyone is welcome to the team.

Here is a sprite updated with translated textures (I'll post an ingame update later):

Jap Texture
main_menu_0023.png

Usa Texture
main_menu_0023_MOD.png

This was updated using your first pack, but I'll create them again using your last modification.

zL

InquisitionImplied

Two-cent DF
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Usa Texture
View attachment 86030

This was updated using your first pack, but I'll create them again using your last modification.

zL

It looks like you used a fill bucket tool to fill in the extra main menu option colors. Here's the white and yellow variations for them. Sorry I forgot to include them in the revision

Attachments

• Main Menu (white and yellow options).zip
    450.3 KB · Views: 194
Reactions: zadanlavey

zadanlavey

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
It looks like you used a fill bucket tool to fill in the extra main menu option colors. Here's the white and yellow variations for them. Sorry I forgot to include them in the revision

Yeah, I create it before asking you for the two color versions and I just colored in that way for test purposes, the textures will be replaced with your pixel perfect colored ones. Thank you for providing the updated textures for the 1st pack (Main menu)!!

I'll post the next required texture pack later, but take your time!

zL

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @salazarcosplay, no sabría cómo decirte