Your Clookster
Banned
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
Swaziland
Thank you so much for the very well done translation! I like the new tutorial much more than the one in Puyo Puyo 15th!, but I found a little bug with the text display there - - but just once.

Anyway: Thanks thanks thanks! I just hope GBATemp will feature this as news on their front page!

S2PID

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DarthTheufel said:
Thank you so much for the very well done translation! I like the new tutorial much more than the one in Puyo Puyo 15th!, but I found a little bug with the text display there - - but just once.

Anyway: Thanks thanks thanks! I just hope GBATemp will feature this as news on their front page!

Ooops.
ph34r.gif

Also, I kinda doubt GBATemp would feature Puyo Puyo 7... the Puyo Puyo series is vastly unpopular everywhere else in the world. Probably because of the insane learning curve and the "girly" graphics or something.

Chrono_Tata

Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
They didn't feature PP15 translation I think so I doubt they would feature this.

They are very welcome to surprise me though.
ph34r.gif

mrfatso

That guy!!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Senegal
S2PID said:
DarthTheufel said:

Ooops.
ph34r.gif

Also, I kinda doubt GBATemp would feature Puyo Puyo 7... the Puyo Puyo series is vastly unpopular everywhere else in the world. Probably because of the insane learning curve and the "girly" graphics or something.

ya, so true, unlike tetris, puyo is a lot harder, man, i still suck at any mode that has one of those mega puyo/ fever thing, but other than that, i am able to survive till level 80+ once just on pure luck
biggrin.gif

Well, time to start practicing like mad and hope my skills hasn't deteriorate that much.
biggrin.gif

S2PID

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, puyo takes quite a while to learn. The top Japanese players have been playing since it came out (15 years I think?). Personally, I've been playing for about a little over a year, and I can make large chains. But I still don't quite stand a chance yet against people who play with harassment (sending small chains to screw up the other player).

If you want, I can help you get better ;D

updowners

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Seems pretty interesting. I liked the Puyo Puyo game on the PS1 when I was younger. One question, should I try this or the 15th Anniversary version first?

Chrono_Tata

Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
updowners said:
Seems pretty interesting. I liked the Puyo Puyo game on the PS1 when I was younger. One question, should I try this or the 15th Anniversary version first?
Personally I'd say play PP15 first, since it would introduce you to some of the characters that are in PP7. The games don't really have a solid storyline tying them together though so it doesn't really matter. Gameplay-wise they are mostly the same. PP15 has more "gimmick" game modes while PP7 has less game modes, but it has the Transformation game mode which is.... interesting. It plays like an extended version of the Fever game mode.

Clookster

Your Clookster
Banned
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
Swaziland
updowners said:

Both tutorials are quite different.

The 15th tutorial starts (much) more difficult, but has these nice ~300 puzzles. That's something I really like.
The 7 tutorial starts easier, but gets very hard then when you have to make your own 5-chain on your own...
blink.gif

On the other hand, it's quite impossible as a beginner to play 8 games with your chosen character in 15th, the level-by-level system in 7 is much better for beginners, imho.

mrfatso

That guy!!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Senegal
S2PID said:
Yeah, puyo takes quite a while to learn. The top Japanese players have been playing since it came out (15 years I think?). Personally, I've been playing for about a little over a year, and I can make large chains. But I still don't quite stand a chance yet against people who play with harassment (sending small chains to screw up the other player).

If you want, I can help you get better ;D

haha, nah, that's alright, thanks for the offer though. I dont think i will need any training as I am a really casual player, and thankfully my skills aint that bad, granted that it was on easy, but woot, i am able to survived till level 61 on endless
biggrin.gif

ysuki

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Man I suck at this game. I already lost twice to the 2nd guy (Sig) in story mode. I have a lot to learn on setting up chains. I didn't need so much thinking in Tetris. I spent too much trying to set up chains (which I failed anyway) that the opponent sent me a barrage of nuisance puyos.
sad.gif
I kept clearing stuff one by one instead of making a proper setup.
tongue.gif

mrfatso

That guy!!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Senegal
i know what you mean, i was trying out one of the mode, and i have no idea what very easy means for each of us. So, i set myself to very easy and the AI to very easy as well.

What happened was the AI went god mode on me.

Imagine this yourself.

My final score: 795, AI score: 6k~7985...
ohmy.gif

Hint: i got me 2 row of handicap and the ai has managed to chain X number of time.

Chrono_Tata

Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
If you have problems with the story mode I suggest checking out the Tutorial (the School option under the story). You don't even need to go through all of them. If you play on easy or normal, doing the lesson on the stairs pattern which teach you how to set up a 5 chain is enough. If you can set up a 5 chain in less than half a minute, the you are pretty much guaranteed to beat the computers 90% of the time (unless you are playing against the harder AI on normal like Satan or Rulue).

Yeah, at the start of the game if you set the AI to very easy, they get very easy mode, not you.
tongue.gif

Also, some of you might not have realised this, but when you are playing Transformation mode you can hard-drop your Puyo by pressing up like in Tetris.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I have discovered a hilarious corner of youtube. meme ASMR
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That sick boy yo
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I was hoping I could add a custom ROM to this fire HD 10 tablet but guess no one's made twrp available
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Root it? Lol
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    That shit is so locked down, tighter than a nun's ass
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Don't know if that's even possible for the firmware
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You can remove the bloat ware and ads easily but can't install a rom
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    20 some years later crash bandicoot still pisses me off
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Have you jail broke your ps4 yet?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I've been on since 9.0
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Are you gonna do your ps5 if the hack comes? Is there worries of bans, like the ps3
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Probably not I got cross play friends
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    By then I'll have some little mini pc anyway
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    only ps5 updated to latest firmware can go on psn, jailbroken ones just don't use psn or they risk getting flagged or banned, altho spouting profanity in online play alredy does that
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    Anyone dumb enough to get banned for spouting profanity deserves it.
  • Y @ YuseiFD:
    Then how come you do it and don't get banned ? or is it a question of getting caught doing it ?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    wtf is the point of banning swearing in games? that's utterly a dumb decision

the new generation playing MWII won't be as hardened as the previous one playing original MW2
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What's the point of video games? Kids playing video games won't be as hardened as the previous ones getting shoved down a hillside.
    Veho @ Veho: What's the point of video games? Kids playing video games won't be as hardened as the previous...