Hardware Purchasing NTSC games on a NTSC Wii U located in Europe via eShop?

FoulPlay

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Looking into purchasing a NTSC Wii U due to release date issues that Europe almost always gets with Japan-side Nintendo companies when developing games and wanted to know if the following is possible:

Say I purchase an NTSC Wii U and I live in Europe can I purchase games from the eShop whilst in Europe?

I've heard things like this doesn't work when you try access the store with a switched system type on the Wii, so I was curious if someone with a PAL system in the states, or a fellow European with a NTSC system who lives in Europe can answer this for me.

Thanks.

trigger_ftu

The FantomPhox
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I went to the local GameStop out here and I was told that there are only 2 wiiu games that will work regardless of region. If I remember spiderman was one of them. Don't quote me on that, if it doesn't work you are generally greeted with a nice "the content you are trying to play was not designed to play in your region" message on your system. I went and tried it with darksiders to see what would happen.

FoulPlay

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not the answer I was looking for, I was talking about purchasing games within Europe on an NTSC console through the eShop, meaning NTSC games on an NTSC console whilst IN Europe... but thanks.

trigger_ftu

The FantomPhox
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK best way for me to put this. The console will only connect to the eshop or account and console is bound to. I.e. the NTSC wiiu will only connect to the us eshop. The pal will connect to the EU eshop. And such the games u buy from respected shops will work. I am using an NTSC wiiu in Germany and downloading and running NTSC games only.

pakistexican88x

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK best way for me to put this. The console will only connect to the eshop or account and console is bound to. I.e. the NTSC wiiu will only connect to the us eshop. The pal will connect to the EU eshop. And such the games u buy from respected shops will work. I am using an NTSC wiiu in Germany and downloading and running NTSC games only.
This actually makes me curious as to what would happen if you activated your account on an NTSC Wii U in Europe.

trigger_ftu

The FantomPhox
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you'd go into the US servers. with that no restrictions of waiting till 7-8 pm for mature content or games with restrictions (this was a plus i'd rather pay $349.99 rather than paying -349.99€ diffrence by far much with the exchange rate)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    Veho @ Veho: :( +1