pSNES: Switch Snes9x port

Here is pSNES, a snes9x port to multiple platforms.

screenshot_mini.png

Readme:
https://github.com/Cpasjuste/pemu/blob/master/psnes/README.MD

Source code:
https://github.com/Cpasjuste/pemu/

Download:
https://github.com/Cpasjuste/pemu/releases/

• devkitPro and libnx people: fincs, WntrMute, yellows8, plutoo...
  • ScHlAuChi for providing a 3.0 Switch! (you rock mate)

Last edited by cpasjuste,

SMUS16475

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes they work on the latest version.
Open the options menu and change the delay time to something other than 0 and they should work, supposedly that you have tge files in tge correct folder, at least that's how it worked for me, I think , since I really don't use them

Okay. So, what do you specifically mean when you say "delay time"? I don't really see it in any option file on both pSNES and pFBN. Do you mean "VIDEO_SNAPS_DELAY"?

Mattdabratt23

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You should be able to use a random id which is not currently used (for example a very high id).
Love this emulator. I just wanted to point this out. I don't know if this has been mentioned but while scrolling I noticed the alphabetical order is a bit off as capitals take priority. Example WWF Raw would appear before Wing Commander for example and 'Where in Time...' before 'Where in the...' because of the capital letter.

Bisk8

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal

SMUS16475

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Same to me... pNes starts but everything seems to be freeze

Here's what someone told me to do:

I) Go to the "atmosphere" folder at the root of your SD card. (sd:\atmosphere)
II) Open the "config_templates" folder and make a copy of your "system_settings.ini" config file.
III) Paste the copy into the "config" folder (sd:\atmosphere\config), and make sure the copy is entitled "system_settings.ini".
IV) Open the "system_settings.ini" copy on Notepad.
V) Locate the line where it says "; enable_deprecated_hid_mitm = u8!0x0"
VI) Replace that entire line with "enable_deprecated_hid_mitm = u8!0x1"
VII) Save

After all of that, relaunch the CFW, open pNES, and I guarantee you it will not freeze.

Last edited by SMUS16475,
Reactions: JeppR

test0000

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
Since atmosphère 0.10.3, the support of the temporary auto-migration has been dropped.
There is no solution to make it work except a new release of pnes compiled against latest library.
FBNeo supports NES games but implementation in pFBA is not done yet.

EDIT: Atmosphère 0.12.0 is still supporting the hid-mitm workaround. I was wrong

Last edited by test0000,

SMUS16475

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Since atmosphère 0.10.3, the support of the temporary auto-migration has been dropped.
There is no solution to make it work except a new release of pnes compiled against latest library.
FBNeo supports NES games but implementation in pFBA is not done yet.

I don't know about that. I'm running Atmosphère 0.12.0, and the current version of pNES seems to be functioning fine, thanks to the method I've already mentioned to that other guy.

ganons

Trophies
XP
Country
So when placing games in the rom folder, when launching the emu it shows the whole list and not the 3 games that were copied over. Even when selecting available games.

RaoTheConqueror

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know about that. I'm running Atmosphère 0.12.0, and the current version of pNES seems to be functioning fine, thanks to the method I've already mentioned to that other guy.
I too have the issue with pNES not working so I tried the steps you outlined exactly(from what I can tell), still no go. It loads up and from what I see its not so much that its frozen, but that the controls simply do not work. I dunno, maybe I'm missing something.

SMUS16475

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I too have the issue with pNES not working so I tried the steps you outlined exactly(from what I can tell), still no go. It loads up and from what I see its not so much that its frozen, but that the controls simply do not work. I dunno, maybe I'm missing something.

I was afraid that might happen. I did one extra step, but I honestly doubt it'll change anything:

Download the zip I have attached to this message, extract it, and put the "modules" folder into the root of your SD card. Let me know if anything changes or not.

Attachments

• modules.zip
    505 bytes · Views: 129

Batoko

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hello friends, the PNES 3.4 is working perfectly in FW 10.0.1, but the NRO file must be opened by the Album.
If you open PNES using the NSP shortcuts, it will be frozen.

Thanks to the creators.

RaoTheConqueror

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried both troubleshooting tips. I first tried to run it via the album instead of the forwarder, but still no dice. I am on FW 9.2 though and not on FW 10.0.1. I wasn't sure if I should update to 10 and if everything works fine or just stick to 9.2 for now since most of my homebrew works perfectly.

I also tried the modules but unfortunately there was no change. I will most likely just need to wait for Cpasjuste to finish the update.

Are there any reasons I should update to FW 10 instead of just staying on 9.2?

SMUS16475

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Oh! That's because the current version of pSNES has a "gamelist.xml" file. So, any game that's present in that file will appear on pSNES. I recommend getting the No-Intro 2018 SNES romset since the "gamelist.xml" file shows all officially released SNES/SFC games released in each country. At least then, there won't be any confusion and you'll have acquired all SNES/SFC games. Otherwise, if you wanna add games, you may have to edit the "gamelist.xml" file, and that can be very tedious considering how it looks.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I tried both troubleshooting tips. I first tried to run it via the album instead of the forwarder, but still no dice. I am on FW 9.2 though and not on FW 10.0.1. I wasn't sure if I should update to 10 and if everything works fine or just stick to 9.2 for now since most of my homebrew works perfectly.

I also tried the modules but unfortunately there was no change. I will most likely just need to wait for Cpasjuste to finish the update.

Are there any reasons I should update to FW 10 instead of just staying on 9.2?

Well, I did have doubts that it would work. Certainly, I'd recommend updating your FW and CFW to the latest versions, but you don't have to do that.

Last edited by SMUS16475,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Good deal. I love Sun chips. I also love Rye chips, and had to order some from Amazon cause can't find in stores much anymore.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Fucking subways like that'll be $3
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Is funny how they replaced the $5 foot long sub, with a 1" wide $5 foot long cookie or cinna stick, cheap asses
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They still have but it's like $10 cookies honestly not a bad deal for $5
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Bidenomics
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    True, everything almost double nowadays
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    But I could go to Aldis and get a cookie pie for like $4
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Or use your new cooking pan and make some, don't mind the Old leftover foods mixed in.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Just eat plain flour around cops
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    thats Gluten abuse, they would shoot you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Depends on the color chart
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Wheat flour has a lower chance at survival
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Isn't wheat flour the whitest of the white?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Rye would get shot at sight.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Depends
    img_5941-1.jpeg
    everyone mixing their flour now days
  • Veho @ Veho:
    That's whole wheat, right? Because all purpose flour is also made from wheat.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'm not a flour expert I just snort it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    There also is black rice flour, and its really black colored
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Bruh that's gray.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's ancientboi color
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    You need to add some activated charcoal.
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I've seen some that are dark dark, my wifey uses it sometimes in her bs recipes
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/1Ic2tqw_AmM?si=JprHwElZWw_oO_ii