Hacking PSA: The upcoming kernel exploit works on ALL firmware versions!

Jackall4BDN

Haunter of Daydreams and Nightmares
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
yeah same here. i already own all the wii u games i want and will pick up the last few as they release. i just want native homebrew so we can have better emulators.
Well, whatever Emulators you still want, those that run in vWii cover pretty much every system except for maybe the DS and maybe PSP which would be doable on WiiU, anyways. PS2 wouldn't run, PSX, Gamecube, N64, SNES,NES, GBA,GB and pretty much every SEGASystem except Dreamcast run like a charm under vWii and not a single of those Systems look much better in 1080p then they do in 460p under vWii. So except for being lazy and clicking on that WiiU-Homemenu instead of the Homebrew-Channel and getting a lot of work for homebrew-devs i don't see an advantage xD (no offense, feel free to change my mind :P)

Not saying that i am not excited about homebrew for WiiU or that i would hate Emus for it, just don't see the point, just to make that clear once more.

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, whatever Emulators you still want, those that run in vWii cover pretty much every system except for maybe the DS and maybe PSP which would be doable on WiiU, anyways. PS2 wouldn't run, PSX, Gamecube, N64, SNES,NES, GBA,GB and pretty much every SEGASystem except Dreamcast run like a charm under vWii and not a single of those Systems look much better in 1080p then they do in 460p under vWii. So except for being lazy and clicking on that WiiU-Homemenu instead of the Homebrew-Channel and getting a lot of work for homebrew-devs i don't see an advantage xD (no offense, feel free to change my mind :P)

Not saying that i am not excited about homebrew for WiiU or that i would hate Emus for it, just don't see the point, just to make that clear once more.

N64 and PSX would both benefit highly from the extra power the Wii U would give

cookie15

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada

Main feature I want is homebrew apps/emulator with full Wii U gamepad support.

djisgod

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country

yeah but they are all at 480p and suffer from the memory limitation of the vwii. i want a fully working neo geo/cps1-2-3 emulator that i do not have to restart after each game due to it running out of memory.also the ability to use shaders will mean that 1080p emulators would be a huge improvement over the old ones. also i want a working dreamcast emulator for all that shenmue/ powerstone/ grandia goodness.

Reactions: Margen67

Jackall4BDN

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
yeah but they are all at 480p and suffer from the memory limitation of the vwii. i want a fully working neo geo/cps1-2-3 emulator that i do not have to restart after each game due to it running out of memory.also the ability to use shaders will mean that 1080p emulators would be a huge improvement over the old ones. also i want a working dreamcast emulator for all that shenmue/ powerstone/ grandia goodness.
I really loved Powerstone, such an Awesome BeatEmUp, the only one besides Smash Bros (which technically isn't really a BEU and more a genre in it's own) that i ever enjoyed, i would play the fword out of it with an emulator on my gamepad xD

Jackall4BDN

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Why not?? Homebrew isn't determined by console popularity, just a developers wish to get something done
Well, seeing how many people actually tackled the WiiU and the resulting speed of actually FINDING anything (yes, i know it is also way harder to fin vulns, but that is not the major-factor, here)
compared to previous-gen-consoles i can see his point... The dedication in devs is one thing, but every dev who CARES for his or her homebrew won't start new projects too soon, and the number of actual devs for WiiU-Stuff is very limited. I am well aware that that may be due to the fact that nothing big has been released, yet, but you can't predict how much that would change, anyways.

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, seeing how many people actually tackled the WiiU and the resulting speed of actually FINDING anything (yes, i know it is also way harder to fin vulns, but that is not the major-factor, here)
compared to previous-gen-consoles i can see his point... The dedication in devs is one thing, but every dev who CARES for his or her homebrew won't start new projects too soon, and the number of actual devs for WiiU-Stuff is very limited. I am well aware that that may be due to the fact that nothing big has been released, yet, but you can't predict how much that would change, anyways.

Yeah, I hear you. I'm kind of hoping it will be like the 3DS scene:

Nothing... Nothing... Nothing... Nothing... Nothing... OMG NINJHAX WOW HOMEBREWS HERE SUDDENLY CIAS WOOOOOAH EMUNAND?!

I know you can achieve a lot more with just kernel access on 3DS, but yeah, here's hoping the Wii U scene will someday be like that

Chris_Highwind

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Wait, what? I wasn't aware that there was a fully working Saturn emulator, or a fully working PSX emulator for Wii/vWii. The only emulators I saw of those looked to be abandoned at an early stage in their development.

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

Jackall4BDN

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Wait, what? I wasn't aware that there was a fully working Saturn emulator, or a fully working PSX emulator for Wii/vWii. The only emulators I saw of those looked to be abandoned at an early stage in their development.
Not particularly sure since i scrapped emulation on Wii and used my raspberry for it, so i watched the scene 2 years ago tops, but i thought i played Sonic 3D Blast before on my Wii, quite working aswell... i could be mistaken, tho

Ailuros27

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, is it safe to update the system to whatever FW version came out today? Cause I want to use the upcoming exploits, but I'd like to get those Xenoblade X loading speed downloads when it releases, because I have no room for it digitally.

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, is it safe to update the system to whatever FW version came out today? Cause I want to use the upcoming exploits, but I'd like to get those Xenoblade X loading speed downloads when it releases, because I have no room for it digitally.

There hasn't been a system update since December 5th. The most recent game updates were MK8 and Sm4sh, though, so maybe that's what you're thinking about. And yes, it's still perfectly safe to update

Reactions: Margen67

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_NTF5_qgH0o