Hacking PSA: The upcoming kernel exploit works on ALL firmware versions!

Ailuros27

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There hasn't been a system update since December 5th. The most recent game updates were MK8 and Sm4sh, though, so maybe that's what you're thinking about. And yes, it's still perfectly safe to update

That's weird. I just set up Open DNS to block updates around Thursday or Friday and the next day a red x appeared over download management. When I checked it, it said a system update had failed. So if one hasn't released since December, why is that there? Strange...

yuyuyup

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
That's weird. I just set up Open DNS to block updates around Thursday or Friday and the next day a red x appeared over download management. When I checked it, it said a system update had failed. So if one hasn't released since December, why is that there? Strange...
it does that regardless if there was a system update, same on mine, the X is a mark of safety against Nintendo and their devil bastard updates

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

It's a bit misleading, it doesn't actually mean "a system update has failed" necessarily, it just means "the system looked for an update and couldn't connect to the server for whatever reason"

Reactions: PhyChris

Jackall4BDN

Haunter of Daydreams and Nightmares
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
It's a bit misleading, it doesn't actually mean "a system update has failed" necessarily, it just means "the system looked for an update and couldn't connect to the server for whatever reason"
I kinda like that error, it acts like an confirmation that your setup worked xD

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

Deleted member 361703

GBATemp OldFag
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
Hope all is well I'm Wii u hack land. Got both my consoles on 5.3.2 waiting...funny enough I couldn't update my console with a bad drive till now. I tried updating it after I got it and it never worked before 5.x was released. Anyway thanks to all involved :)

sj33

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
It's honestly understandable that people would post and ask just to triple check if they can update. Nobody wants to update and regret it later and even if somebody tells them it's safe to update, people will understandably want a third or fourth opinion or assurance from the source. I think even I would be annoying and post just to check - it's worth enduring the wrath from people on this forum to be sure it's safe to update.

A big sticky post posting in massive bold letters saying that it's safe to update would be the most assuring way. It's not about just informing people, people have to be convinced because people are understandably wary of updating.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nearly 4 hours without power :(
  • Veho @ Veho:
    SO POWERLESS
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Tell Kanye I need power
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    Better start running in your hamster wheel
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Meth addicts on a treadmill connected to a generator "Unlimited POWER!!!'
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Before or after a hit?
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Do you dangle a baggie in front of them, like a carrot?
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    they're the same thing
    +1
    i like that idea
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What's the same thing?
    +1
    before or after a hit
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nah, a hit gives them mad meth powers, but makes them more difficult to control.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Before a hit they're like zombies, persistent but slow.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a tradeoff.
    +1
    no i mean, before a hit is after the previous hit
    +1
    if you keep them well enough fed, it's the same thing
    +1
    By the power of Florida Man, I have the power!!! *Lifts up meth pipe* Meth Man!!! lol
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Guys, I just learned my little brother is in the hospital because he had a seizure last night.
  • cearp @ cearp:
    Sorry to hear that BakerMan
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Just found out he's doing alright, doing a lot of complaining too, rightfully so. Who wouldn't complain after having a seizure and being hospitalized?
    +1
    Glad he is OK and complaining is cool :)
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah been there had that no fun
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They'll give him sleep studies eegs and possibly one week hospital stay
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: They'll give him sleep studies eegs and possibly one week hospital stay