Homebrew [PSA] 10.4 POSSIBLY releasing 1/12/16

Hayleia

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I'm pretty sure that 10.4 will be out long before December 1st.
I was thinking exactly that. Most of the world reads "1/12/2015" as "December 1st", except a few countries that only try to be original and not convenient, like the USA and countries that are too close to them to be able to avoid that format (Belize (and that one is still smart enough to also use D/M/Y), Micronesia)... and the Zimbabwe too, I don't have any explanation for that one.

mashers

Stubborn ape
Trophies
XP
Country
iso_8601.png

hacksn5s4

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
id downgrade now before 10.40 comes out cause if you softbrick then your either stuck with a brick or updating to 10.40 and not having kennel access any more

Hayleia

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Well in my opinion, both YMD and DMY formats are good (and use - or / I don't care). Because YMD is convenient to get things in the chronological order (like sorting photos that were named according to the time they were taken, or if someone travels in time and wants to know the date, well telling him the year first helps him better than telling him that we're the 6th, the 6th of what, when?). And DMY is convenient I'd say in everyday life, when you're supposed to know the month and year, so you only specifiy the day, or maybe the month when it's not obvious and the year last when really needed. Like "we'll meet on the 7th". Or "on 7/02" if it wasn't obvious it was February. And rarely "on 7/02/2017" because that's in a long time and you don't often make appointments for next year, that's why it isn't so useful to put year first when it's often irrelevant.

DjoeN

Captain Haddock!
Trophies
Website
djoen.dommel.be
XP
Country
Belgium
id downgrade now before 10.40 comes out cause if you softbrick then your either stuck with a brick or updating to 10.40 and not having kennel access any more
The Dogs love you!!! -> No more kennels!!!

dog-shak.jpg

mashers

Stubborn ape
Trophies
XP
Country
Well in my opinion, both YMD and DMY formats are good (and use - or / I don't care). Because YMD is convenient to get things in the chronological order (like sorting photos that were named according to the time they were taken, or if someone travels in time and wants to know the date, well telling him the year first helps him better than telling him that we're the 6th, the 6th of what, when?). And DMY is convenient I'd say in everyday life, when you're supposed to know the month and year, so you only specifiy the day, or maybe the month when it's not obvious and the year last when really needed. Like "we'll meet on the 7th". Or "on 7/02" if it wasn't obvious it was February. And rarely "on 7/02/2017" because that's in a long time and you don't often make appointments for next year, that's why it isn't so useful to put year first when it's often irrelevant.
It's different in a conversation because the context implies the meaning. As you say, when we say "we'll meet on the 7th", the implication is that you mean the 7th day of the current month (edit - or the next month if the date in the current month has already passed the number you said...). Because we don't refer to months by number in spoken language, there is no confusion here (you wouldn't say "my birthday is in 07", you'd say "July"), and certainly in English we say "in" not "on" when referring to the year ("in 2017" not "on 2017"). All of these unspoken rules make it clear what you mean. But in written form there is more ambiguity, especially when the timescale is uncertain and the date is written only numerically, which is why a standardised format is needed :)

Last edited by mashers,

Osakasan

Trophies
XP
Country
So let me get this straight:

To be safe, Tubehax DNS on sysNAND (9.2) emuNAND (10.3) or both?

Also, is there any danger on updating emuNAND to 10.4 while being on CFW? If i recall correctly RXTools ceased its development.

jscjml

Monster Hunter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Damn, good thing i got my downgrade down on time. What if KTM does the same stuff as sysUpdater and forces you to Recovery Mode after 10.4 releases.... lmao rip

I suggest everyone to keep trying to downgrade until 10.4 releases. Then after that, wait for KTM. You know, increase your chances of getting your sysNAND to 9.2. But hey, dont hardbrick your console now...

So once 10.4 comes out it's better to wait for KTM rather than risking a brick?

Yeah, because if you get a softbrick after 10.4 comes out, Recovery Mode will automatically update you to 10.4 which is probably 99.99% sure to have memchunkhax2 patched. This is assuming KTM is superb at its purpose. If it still has issues with softbricking then i dont know what will happen after 10.4 releases.

That also means my 3DSes are going to start gradually rising back up in value. Im sure i could flip a MH4U N3DSXL for more than $500 (its scalper price) since its on 9.2.

Last edited by jscjml,

mashers

Stubborn ape
Trophies
XP
Country
Damn, good thing i got my downgrade down on time. What if KTM does the same stuff as sysUpdater and forces you to Recovery Mode after 10.4 releases.... lmao rip
Then it would be better to have a hardmod installed before doing anything so you can backup your 10.3 sysnand. Then if downgrade bricks, you can restore to 10.3 using the hardmod instead of recovery mode.

zoogie

playing around in the end of life
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of
Big endian kind of makes sense (order of significance, like how we branch through menu's and find stuff in books etc.) but others disagree due to culture and stuff. My idea? Just spell out the month abbreviation and order then really doesn't matter and nobody's confused and pissy.
feb 11 2016
11 feb 2016
2016 11 feb
whatever.
/meaningless offtopic culture debate

About that little update now. :P
I think it will be this week. Come at me bros.

Last edited by zoogie,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1