Homebrew [PSA] 10.4 POSSIBLY releasing 1/12/16

Urbanshadow

Trophies
XP
Country
Could you (or someone who understood) reiterate, I'm not sure I get what you're asking.
I'll take that chance. I'm guessing now but I think he has a n3ds and he refers about the possibility of getting the browser blocked inside emunand in the case some cfw releases n3ds 10.3 emunand support after the 10.4 update.

I'll explain: 9.2 n3ds with 10.3 emunand got browser blocked for not using tubehax dns after a 10.4 update release. And the user is scared.

And aswering the question, I understand as long you use the tubehax dns on your connection you'll be fine.

Last edited by Urbanshadow,

Pandaxclone2

Pokemon Sprite Artist Hobbyist
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Could you (or someone who understood) reiterate, I'm not sure I get what you're asking.

I think what they're asking is if a 10.4 FW update comes out that can mess with rxTools/emuNAND in general, would we be able to patch or block it in some way?

If it still doesn't make sense, this brings to mind the fact that CFW N3DS users can't use 9.6=> at this time, which this would be a similar situation assuming that's the case.

Last edited by Pandaxclone2,

Apache Thunder

I have cameras in your head!
Trophies
Website
www.mariopc.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
There will probably be an update in a couple weeks. But it's definitely too soon for them to a have tried to patch this stuff this early. Rushing updates would result in more security holes. Just look at all the past screw ups with Nintendo's attempts to patch things. :P

Last edited by Apache Thunder,
Reactions: TR_mahmutpek

Mnecraft368

I hate my name.
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
NOTE: Before reading remember this was posted on the 14th jan 2016!

Oh no! All network services down toinight from midnight to 2:00! Get ready with EMUNANDS!

Nothing to see down here!

Last edited by Mnecraft368,

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
NOTE: Before reading remember this was posted on the 14th jan 2016!

Oh no! All network services down toinight from midnight to 2:00! Get ready with EMUNANDS!

We get dah keys, they cant change em or dey screw everythin up
That's what was said about the PS3. Then they changed the keys.

daxtsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
They were cool images, but way too big.

This isn't quite the same situation like the PS3. If Nintendo changes the keys. Someone can just dump OTP again to get the new ones.

And that someone/those people are generally on our side/not going to withhold the keys as far as we know, so for the foreseeable future, we're in good hands.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: If you want a good system to port it to, at least have a good programmer and knowledge.