Homebrew RIP [KTM]

Mrrraou

Trophies
XP
Country
France
no. people have more bricks using safesysupdater than just using julian's libkhax sysupdater.
http://gbatemp.net/threads/safesysupdater-vs-sysupdater-share-your-brick-story.412245/
I used it too. And I risked a brick, yeah. Ended with franken firmware, fixed it with OOT3D. I thought it was doing its job fine. Sorry about this.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

IIRC he ported mch2 to libkhax, but not sure about this. But I know he used libkhax. That's why the application start is different from TuxSH's build (TuxSH used sulib)

Last edited by Mrrraou,

Joom

 ❤❤❤
Trophies
Website
mogbox.net
XP
Country
United States
Remote downgrade? You mean via Skype or phone instructions? With a person who is kinda clueless about what she is doing? No, too tedious.
You could at least do the file transfers and whatnot via something like TeamViewer. The actual operations on the 3DS are cake, even for someone doing it for the first time.

kje123

this title is false
Trophies
Website
kje123.github.io
XP
Country
United States
Holy mother of necrobump. 0-0

As for downgrading, I used Safesysupdater, and it worked the first try. Just make sure you're using the right firmware CIA's, lest you'll end up with a really nice paperweight.

gnmmarechal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
gs2012.xyz
XP
Country
Portugal
Holy mother of necrobump. 0-0

As for downgrading, I used Safesysupdater, and it worked the first try. Just make sure you're using the right firmware CIA's, lest you'll end up with a really nice paperweight.
pretty sure safesys checks if the cia's are the correct ones for the system when it checks the hashes.

Kristjan Kütaru

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I didn't suggest a Skype call, did I?
Yeah, but i cannot do the real downgrade via Teamviewer, only the firmware download and SD manipulation part. I have 0 control over the process after that. So the program that handles downgrading on the 3DS side should be really foolproof and i dont feel that systemupdater (when i used it i mean, maybe times have changed, but from the discussion i dont feel it.) was exactly that. If a person does not know what she is doing things will be dangerous. But hell, this discussion does not lead us anywhere, lets send this thread back to the graveyard it apparently belongs.

Last edited by Kristjan Kütaru,

Santaros

Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah, but i cannot do the real downgrade via Teamviewer, only the firmware download and SD manipulation part. I have 0 control over the process after that. So the program that handles downgrading on the 3DS side should be really foolproof and i dont feel that systemupdater (when i used it i mean, maybe times have changed, but from the discussion i dont feel it.) was exactly that. If a person does not know what she is doing things will be dangerous. But hell, this discussion does not lead us anywhere, lets send this thread back to the graveyard it apparently belongs.

Sysupdater is inherently unstable, but that's a side effect of the exploit that is being used. There really isn't anything that can be done about other than using another exploit, of which there really aren't any.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: as to you