• Views 46,094
  • Replies 489
  • Likes 16

leic7

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Whoever did the intro video should be overseeing the entire presentation as well... if they did, they would've noticed all presenters on this 2-hour show were guys. All of them. Except the voice announcer at the beginning that said "Ladies and gentlemen, please welcome Andrew House."

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Whoever did the intro video should be overseeing the entire presentation as well... if they did, they would've noticed all presenters on this 2-hour show were guys. All of them. Except the voice announcer at the beginning that said "Ladies and gentlemen, please welcome Andrew House."

To be fair, all the speakers were developers or heads of game companies, and the video game industry is pretty male-dominated. Unfortunately, female developers aren't all that common. It's not a Sony thing - it's pretty much an industry thing.

It sucks that the lineup wasn't more diversified, sure, but at least they didn't put someone unqualified or irrelevant up on the stage for the sake of having one token woman.

VMM

Hamon > Stand
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I'm a bit shocked to see they named it PS4, since the number "4" closely sounds like death in Asian language (read Tetraphobia). Similar to here in US we tend to avoid the number "13" (Triskaidekaphobia).

There is no asian language, asia is a continent.
There are different languages and cultures,
and although some share the superstition about the number 4,
the rumour about Sony not using PS4 name was stricktly because of japanese superstition to number 4,
and not related with any other asian cultures and beliefs

VMM

Hamon > Stand
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
$900?
I hear Nintendo laughing

Do you really think the final price will be $900.
It probably will be just as Foxi already said.
For now, they have to fear Sony and Microsoft consoles, since WiiU is going from bad to worse in terms of sales.

Jiehfeng

The One
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Sri Lanka
Do you really think the final price will be $900.
It probably will be just as Foxi already said.
For now, they have to fear Sony and Microsoft consoles, since WiiU is going from bad to worse in terms of sales.

ps4preorders.jpg

Oh sorry, I don't know that much about gaming and I didn't know that the pre order price is like this.
So the original price $430. Thankyou for explaining

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Does anywhere say what the difference between the two? What do each one contain?
We'll have to wait until E3 to learn more about the console unless Sony will issue a statement regarding the price. For now it's all speculation, however it sounds legit considering the hardware used.
"semi custom"
Nice.
The phrasing used is silly - the build is custom because it's "not like the stock models", a chip can be custom, meaning adjusted to the needs of your final customer or not custom, meaning what you normally release. There's no gradation here.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does anywhere say what the difference between the two? What do each one contain?

Maybe they should have did a bc model.

No, it only says a $429.99 and $529.99 model.

Probably something like $429.99 "basic" model and $529.99 model with a larger hard drive and maybe some pack ins (a couple months of subscription, a game, something like that).

I think a BC model would cost more that $529.99.

McHaggis

Fackin' Troller
Trophies
XP
Country
No, it only says a $429.99 and $529.99 model.

Probably something like $429.99 "basic" model and $529.99 model with a larger hard drive and maybe some pack ins (a couple months of subscription, a game, something like that).

I think a BC model would cost more that $529.99.

If the price is $429.99 then that's not too bad, but I'd expect an unfavourable conversion to pounds, and then there's always the subject of VAT. The basic Wii U launched at $299 and £250 (on average), so I'd probably guess at £350 if that figure is accurate.

Earlier, you quoted Kotaku as your source, but later they clarified that the price was converted from the expected price in Yen. Also, they said that the translation sounds more like speculation than a rumour due to differing translations:
The origina; Asahi story goes on to say that the PS4 will launch for the end of year sales war in Japan and the US, and that it looks to be priced over ¥40,000. (That's US$427, but assume it would translate to US$400.) There was no specific US pricing in the original article. The original Japanese text in the Asahi piece (???4???????????) is rather vague, as "to mirareru" (?????) can mean "is believed", "is expected" or even "is considered to be". In short, this seems like speculation. Yet, this is the bit of news everyone is latching on to.

joelv6

Neku
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I started Tales of Graces F a while back, got bored at one point and shut it off. I've been meaning to pick it up, but Ni No Kuni was just too tempting. So now I'm switching between that and L.A Noire.

I agree about getting bored at one point but the thing that kept me going was the skits, lol those skits are hecka funny. I'll be opening Ni No Kuni real soon

Here's just some general news roundup:

• Current PSN games won't transfer to the PS4: Really a huge bummer, I could see no backwards compatibility but this neuters the chance of transferring your digital PS3 purchases to streamable games. It's a fair complaint if you wanted something to ride.
  • PS4 WILL NOT block used games: This was never even a rumor with the PS4, it came up with the Nextbox aka Durango. This was NEVER Sony-associated. Pull yer heads out of yer anal cavities. EDIT: You can also say this defeats the retarded rumor made here that it will be download-only.
  • PS4 comes bundled with headset and DualShock 4: The PS3 didn't come with a headset so woohoo.
  • PS4 DOES NOT require an internet connection: I don't think this was ever proposed here but it was another Durango rumor. Not applicable to the PS4.
  • PS4 will cost $429.99, "Elite" model at $529.99: I brought this up multiple times earlier but since GBAtemp is clearly retarded, here's the actual source. I know you may go "lolkotaku", but this same source had all his other details confirmed in the presentation, such as the new Playstation Eye and DualShock 4. So this does have a fair amount of credit to it.
  • EDIT: All PS4 games playable on the Vita will support remote play: This means games that require like the Move or Eye won't play on the Vita but everything else will be, or that's their wish. They also hint that remote play will work from any internet connection, meaning your PS4 could be miles away on a different connection but it'll still be playable via remote play (unlike how it is current on the PS3-Vita and the Wii U). Of course the experience will be better at home.
Keep on rollin'.

Boo for not transferring psn stuff
YEEE for Vita but I'm not getting it until they release Tales of in the states

And people please don't worry about the price, people will still buy it lol so yeah

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: This parrot is no more it has ceased to be!