• Thread starter Deleted_171835
  • Start date
  • Views 46,554
  • Replies 489
  • Likes 16
D

Dork

OP
The only real issue I had with the presentation was the lack of a retail price.

It's way too early for retail pricing. We haven't even seen the actual console yet.

The real problem was that no giant enemy crabs were shown. I can't play the PS4 without real battles that took place in ancient Japan.

Reactions: Scuba156

wolfmanz51

MrNintendosense
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Honestly I'm glad sony very glad sony is going in this direction, it's looking much better at providing the online experience it wanted to create with ps3, or any previous sony effort.
Yet I'm left jarred too, this has very few "new" ways to add to the way we play games, at least ones that can't be done on other platforms, other than sharing video replays, and remote playing someone else's game.
In place the focus was on expanding the graphics "potential" of games, and offset the struggle of developers who are trying to achieve those graphics.
of the few gameplay focused trailers Kill Zone looked fantastic, it looked like a native 1080P version of previous kill zone 2&3 games, with smother graphics, and more detailed distances.
Yet it's something that could run last gen, this focus on power and expanded online capability is a great start but, i think the costs are going to be high initially.

Its exactly what i expected from sony a big phony presentation about expanding the way we play, an illusion if you will, using lots of tech demo realtime CG magic, to make us feel the magic, honestly this felt like the ps3 reveal to me, sony saying the ps4 is everything we imagined with the ps3, but now we have RAM and a faster network.
I know I will eventually get one anyways, i always buy sony consoles about 2 years after release, as third party devs figure out how to make real new experiences on it(there will be awesome gameplay+graphics). Also I'm sure Kojima's Ground Zeros just got pushed into the next gen.

Reactions: chris888222

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wait, that's Nix's power?
I thought it was something like red sand. Didn't really get a good look at it.

It was very striking of her powers. The teleporting and such.

I think her powers were slightly different though, they were more about sludge and stuff. This is more ash.

Tack on an extra couple hundred bucks to that. Remember how much the PS3 cost at launch? 699 was the price iirc, expect it to cost AT LEAST that much.

If you're going to make ridiculous claims please use a source that isn't your own ass.

Thanks.

Densetsu

Pubic Ninja
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Hey, guys... Ruby_Eye_Shabran is from North Korea... Wouldn't mess with him if I were you :wtf:
Psshh...as if North Korea has the Internet access to even get onto GBAtemp.

troll_icons_2_28891_7697_thumb.png

ferofax

End of the World
Trophies
Website
nonwhatso.blogspot.com
XP
Country
The ability to play a game whilst it's being downloaded is rather an intriguing one, I must admit.
Why do I get the feeling that it'll be like downloading a demo, then you playing the demo while the actual game is being downloaded in the background? Plus there's the fact that very few people will probably be using it much... unless the downloads take THAT long.

Also, maybe because it's I'm biased to Nintendo, but... I don't really see much here except the requisite bump-up in hardware. Of course, that's probably all they need, seeing as their core fanbase are mostly FPS graphic whores.

RodrigoDavy

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
There is going be a lot of disappointment on that 4k thing, tho I didn't think it would.
Don't know how things are in the first world, but here we are not even near of having 4k TVs. It's not like you can find them on sale or anything. Heck, even 3D TVs are not that common as far as I know

By the way, I found quite interesting that Sony decided to use a PC-like architecture, maybe it's trying to playing it safe by using a more well stablished architecture (over the non-developer friendly ps2 and ps3 architectures) which should make ports easy.

MelodieOctavia

Just your friendly neighborhood Transbian.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
yourmom.com
XP
Country
Djibouti
Hey, maybe they'll finally change the controller nope

The only complaint that I have heard is the convex analog sticks, rather than concave. The new controller seems to fix that.

What else is there? Are you saying they should change the controller for the sake of changing the controller? Would you rather have this?

KLcp5mh.jpg

Janthran

Solarian
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The only complaint that I have heard is the convex analog sticks, rather than concave. The new controller seems to fix that.

What else is there? Are you saying they should change the controller for the sake of changing the controller? Would you rather have this?

KLcp5mh.jpg
BOOTYFAAALL

No but seriously PS2 controllers at least are uncomfortable to hold

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, maybe they'll finally change the controller nope

TBH I kinda think having the same controller is good.

Like I don't want to rail on Nintendo but I have found a huge issue with their recent platforms is that their crazy ideas are forced onto you. Like with the Wii, you HAD to use their Wiimote. It supported Gamecube controllers and the Classic Controller but most games required the Wiimote. And that required useless motion tacked on to most games. You could say the same with the Wii U.

When you have the standard controller being a rather classic set up, it means your main games won't be interrupted by unwanted "features" like motion controls or touchscreen segments. Kinda like with the Move (on the PS3) and the Kinect, these games were segregated. So you could still enjoy them, but their features wouldn't bother your regular games.

Yes, the new controller has a touchpad, but I see it's a small feature that won't be a centerpoint, say compared to the Wii U tablet or the Wii's motion controls.

I don't want to sound like I'm railing on Nintendo, they've made fine games with those controls and some innovative ones with those controls, but there's a ton of games that suffer from it.

Reactions: gamefan5

Janthran

Solarian
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, the Wii remote was a bit of a flop, but the change from NES to SNES was good, and the change from N64 to GC was also good.
And of course, Wii remote to Wii Pro.

Sony's only made one significant change to their controllers.. Ever. With the PS2, adding dual sticks

Prime_Zero

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I loved the PSX, and PS2, the PS3 was a complete failure to me and I have to say.. this one looks like it will to. It just might be best if sony gives up and lets the playstation rest in peace as one of those great consuls of the past....

But hey, here's to hoping it has some great games! ..... ... ... I hope.....

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

MelodieOctavia

Just your friendly neighborhood Transbian.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
yourmom.com
XP
Country
Djibouti
Yeah, the Wii remote was a bit of a flop, but the change from NES to SNES was good, and the change from N64 to GC was also good.
And of course, Wii remote to Wii Pro.

Sony's only made one significant change to their controllers.. Ever. With the PS2, adding dual sticks

Actually that was added with the PS1 with the original Dual Shock. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Reactions: chavosaur

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: umm, That was fun to watch :)