PS1 emulator "Gamma" has been added to the Apple Store for iOS devices

230x0w.png

Continuing with the number of available retro emulators found in the Apple Store, after Apple's decision to finally allow videogame emulators on their store, another retro console emulator is now available for Apple users to enjoy.

The latest emulator to join the ranks is an emulator for the original PlayStation console, titled "Gamma", by ZodTTD. This new emulator includes known emulator features, like Memory Card save emulation, save states, cloud save syncing, bluetooth controller support, and box cover artwork.
ZodTTD is known for having a wide variety of iPhone-centric applications, which include a number of retro emulators aside from Gamma, like an N64 emulator and others, and it's also a well-known developer in the jailbreaking scene for iPhone devices, with other apps like an Ad-blocker and homebrew games.

Here's a more detailed list of the features currently added into the Gamma emulator:
Gamma's description said:
Video game console emulation is here!

ZodTTD is back and this time they've brought you classic PS 1 gaming!
Gamma is the fully featured video game console emulator that you've come to expect.

Save States:
- Save and load a game at any point.
- Automatically save your progress.

Sync:
- Use your favorite backup services to sync your files.
- Automatically backs up your save states.

Hardware Controller Support:
- Supports your favorite console and PC bluetooth & MFi game controllers.
- Bluetooth & wired keyboards are also supported!

Controller Skins:
- Comes with well-crafted portrait and landscape controllers.
- Create your own controller skins.

Game Cover Artwork:
- Quickly set game cover artwork to your titles.

The emulator is now available for download in the Apple Store, and it requires iOS version 15.0 or above to be able to install it, and the emulator is also completely free. There seem to be some issue reports with the emulator, but we can expect those to be ironed out in due time.

:arrow: Gamma emulator on Apple Store

MikeyTaylorGaming

YouTube Glitcher
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
One more W for iPhone
Post automatically merged:

I believe that every single emulator that releases for iOS, in a medium to long term, can be better then its counterpart on Android. It just need its time and proper optimization.
You have got to be kidding me. A breadstick could emulate a PS1 these days and iPhones are currently struggling somewhat.

The fact that Apple won't allow emulators with Dynamic Recompilers means the race is already lost... Even if they were better at emulation, I would absolutely expect them to be given the price of the things. My £300 Chinese Honor 90 has no struggle!

PS1 is emulated flawlessly on Android and has been for a number of years. 12 years ago the first version of epsxe for Android was released, and 8 years ago V2.0.5 was released which was pretty much flawless.

The current wave of IOS console emulation has me in a spin. I can't believe so many people are in awe of emulators when they've been a thing for so, so many years. It's actually frustrating me :rofl:

20240430_152553_edit_561436359040410.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: Quore and Bladexdsl

Rune

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I'm currently building a MiSTer inside a PS1 shell. It will use real controllers and me ory cards, and have both HDMI and VGA out.
you should've waited.
Someone has cloned the DE10 board and is about to sell them for less than half the price.
And the same people are about to sell a consolized board too.

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
you should've waited.
Someone has cloned the DE10 board and is about to sell them for less than half the price.
And the same people are about to sell a consolized board too.
I'm aware... I have that kind of luck where I buy an expensive hardware thing, and a week later a better version comes out. It's just how I roll. 😎

> Bought the DE10-Nano, cheap clone announced a week later.
> Bought the GBxCart RW v1.3 from InsideGadgets, and the v1.4 dropped 2 weeks later.
>Bought Bennvenn's MBC3000 V3, and the v4 dropped 2 days after.
>Bought the 3DS XL, and the New 3DS XL dropped a month later.

I just have that kind of luck, fam.

Ryab

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Continuing with the number of available retro emulators found in the Apple Store, after Apple's decision to finally allow videogame emulators on their store, another retro console emulator is now available for Apple users to enjoy.

The latest emulator to join the ranks is an emulator for the original PlayStation console, titled "Gamma", by ZodTTD. This new emulator includes known emulator features, like Memory Card save emulation, save states, cloud save syncing, bluetooth controller support, and box cover artwork.
ZodTTD is known for having a wide variety of iPhone-centric applications, which include a number of retro emulators aside from Gamma, like an N64 emulator and others, and it's also a well-known developer in the jailbreaking scene for iPhone devices, with other apps like an Ad-blocker and homebrew games.

Here's a more detailed list of the features currently added into the Gamma emulator:

The emulator is now available for download in the Apple Store, and it requires iOS version 15.0 or above to be able to install it, and the emulator is also completely free. There seem to be some issue reports with the emulator, but we can expect those to be ironed out in due time.

:arrow: Gamma emulator on Apple Store
Yeah there is definitely some audio emulation issues from what I can tell.

Rune

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I'm aware... I have that kind of luck where I buy an expensive hardware thing, and a week later a better version comes out. It's just how I roll. 😎

> Bought the DE10-Nano, cheap clone announced a week later.
> Bought the GBxCart RW v1.3 from InsideGadgets, and the v1.4 dropped 2 weeks later.
>Bought Bennvenn's MBC3000 V3, and the v4 dropped 2 days after.
>Bought the 3DS XL, and the New 3DS XL dropped a month later.

I just have that kind of luck, fam.
lol
the exact same thing happened with me and my GBxCart RW. The v1.4 came out maybe a week after I got mines.
Now I have to keep plugging and unplugging the cable without that button on the pcb. :(

I've got at least 2 years out of my Mister though, so Im not complaining. But it wasnt cheap cuz I bought all the extra boards and the fancy metal case as well.

Reactions: Jayro

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
lol
the exact same thing happened with me and my GBxCart RW. The v1.4 came out maybe a week after I got mines.
Now I have to keep plugging and unplugging the cable without that button on the pcb. :(

I've got at least 2 years out of my Mister though, so Im not complaining. But it wasnt cheap cuz I bought all the extra boards and the fancy metal case as well.
I'm gonna build a MiSTercade when I get my Bartop wired up for Jamma. Probably gonna use the clone board for that setup too, to help keep costs down. It currently has a Pi 4 in it.

Nix_Lon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
ZodTTD... that's a name I haven't heard for a while.

For the people out-of-the-loop with iOS emulators, there is Provenance which has an Beetle PSX and DuckStation core though it's not in the Apple Store yet.

Last edited by Nix_Lon,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://youtu.be/Cj8n4MfhjUc?si=detAUm1a27hi4uTP