• Replies 489
  • Likes 16

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't understand all the hating myself. That's like saying "OMG the Wii copied the PlayStation by putting their games on optical media!" With the direction technology is going, everyone expects some kind of touch control from every piece of consumer electronic device nowadays. Nobody is "copying" anyone, they're just going with the trend of the times.

And the graphics aren't bad at all. When people bitch about things not being up to their standards, they think they have discriminating taste. Knock it off, people. You're hard to please not because your standards are so high; it's because you're an asshole. You're the techie equivalent of those indifferent emo bastards Squall, Cloud and Neku. Nobody is impressed by people who yawn at everything.

*EDIT*

On Topic:
PS4. Do want.

4FoUa.png

"That's all you got? I'm out of here."
:lol:
Not sure how to feel about someone else taking over your game but still a neat idea.
I actually miss that. X_X

Not something I would use, but sounds good. Doing that by online right?

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wouldn't mind that sculpture app, is that supposed to come out for ps3?
and quantic dreams' engine, *fap fap fap*

What does this have to do with the PS4?
no idea, but all his posts in this topic are troll/pure fanboy crap
ie: its Valwin 2.0
even his sig is a troll

Eerpow

*swoosh*
Trophies
XP
Country
Despite like... the gameplay for like... Killzone and shit like that.
I'm obviously not talking about the gameplay they did show in Killzone and Watch dogs. I'm just more irritated by the fact that the games that did peak my interest aside from Watch Dogs didn't have it, yeah I don't really give a shit about killzone.

NightsOwl

Pays For Avatar Art (For some reason)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Now that I think of it, why were most of the games shown realistic. The Witness and that weird Sculpting game weren't.... but they didn't really have an art style that kicked my face in with how pretty it looked.

I really don't like realistic looking games. I hope some colorful shit comes out on the PS4.

Granted, if it costs anything over 500 dollars, I'll be waiting a long, LONG time to get one.

Reactions: maniax300

RodrigoDavy

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I remember watching the Wii-u announcement and stating numerous times that it will flop, after seing this presentation blow the wii-u out the water. i cant help but think that nintendo should just stick to handhelds, they do them well. Home consoles tho, leave that to sony and maybe microsoft if they can deliver but atm i am totally on board with Sony. Everything about that presentation was great, even the quick "final fantasy game coming, check E3" from square enix.

I found the presentation quite tedious... The are some things I liked like the fact that you can stream your game to the internet. But the presentation showed me games that I don't like to play, that don't have the visual I tend to like. Believe it or not, the number of polygons and shaders isn't what make me impressed about a game's visual. I actually prefered games like Knack and The Witness in terms of visuals btw

And what's wrong with Nintendo producing home consoles? It surely one of the most traditional companies in hardware manufacturing. No one is forcing you to buy a Wii U, my friend bought it and I enjoy playing an ocasional Zombiu or Nintendo Land game with him. So, as long as Nintendo have satisfied costumers what is the deal?

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Putting all the crap aside, I feel really okay with the PS4.

I like the analog design. FINALLY. Thumb rests. My thumbs always slip off the PS2/3 controller analogs. The console itself: 8-core CPU with 8GB of RAM. Although it will be underused in the early age, that power and RAM will certainly be in good use as the years progress. The price is likely to be cheaper than the PS3 launch, which is wonderful.

My view on Sony is that they are a company able to push out the best of the best in the generation. PS3 was the first to push Bluray in the 7th Gen, PS Vita brought ultimate processing power in a handheld. I was a bit disappointed Sony didn't add in 4k support for the PS4, especially when Sony themselves are one of the few pushing their 4K TVs. However I do understand that adding 4k support will drive the price of the console to a high (plus who owns a 4k TV anyway? At least not now), so I'm neutral.

The games are looking good, and I'm particularly stunned by the capcom IP. PS4 is looking to become a really cool console, but I'm a bit disappointed that PS4 doesn't support true BC. It's running on a different architecture I guess. The social improvements IMO are unnecessary and the controller design is overall, poor. Nonetheless, I can still accept it.

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
they made a super powerful console but the games look exactly the same as pc and wiiu (and will be the same on the 720 too) which is exactly what I predicted would happen with this next gen.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Now that I think of it, why were most of the games shown realistic. The Witness and that weird Sculpting game weren't.... but they didn't really have an art style that kicked my face in with how pretty it looked.

I really don't like realistic looking games. I hope some colorful shit comes out on the PS4.

Granted, if it costs anything over 500 dollars, I'll be waiting a long, LONG time to get one.

There was also Knack. And yeah, the games look "realistic" but that's just the way they are. Most of the PS3 games were that way but they're not exactly "realistic". Like MGS4 or inFamous.

Speaking of inFamous, I thought inFamous 2 was a fantastic game and Second Son looks interesting. Although that's literally just Nix's powers.

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm guessing they would have to include ps3 hardware in it to play ps3 games thus bumping up the price
it would be nice to have 2 different versions though, one w/ bc and one without (though probably at a much higher price)

NightsOwl

Pays For Avatar Art (For some reason)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There was also Knack. And yeah, the games look "realistic" but that's just the way they are. Most of the PS3 games were that way but they're not exactly "realistic". Like MGS4 or inFamous.

Speaking of inFamous, I thought inFamous 2 was a fantastic game and Second Son looks interesting. Although that's literally just Nix's powers.
I can't say I even remember what Knack was.

Also, I applaud Sucker Punch, actually. Their presentation of Second Son actually made me interested in the series, whereas I was completely ignorant towards it before.

DSGamer64

Canadian, Eh?
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I got bored of the presentation. The controller looks horrendous.

Also with all of that stuff they're putting into it, I can see it being a fairly expensive machine. My guess is $450.

Tack on an extra couple hundred bucks to that. Remember how much the PS3 cost at launch? 699 was the price iirc, expect it to cost AT LEAST that much.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Ring actually helped and I didn't have to cuss out the guy in arabic