• Replies 489
  • Likes 16

NightsOwl

Pays For Avatar Art (For some reason)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just finished watching it. Did anyone catch any mention of the price? I had it playing in the background while doing other things and I don't remember hearing anything about it.
I don't think so. I don't even think they SHOWED the console itself.

Reactions: Densetsu

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just finished watching it. Did anyone catch any mention of the price? I had it playing in the background while doing other things and I don't remember hearing anything about it.

There was none but the guy who (correctly) leaked the PS4 controller also said it was $430.

Reactions: Qtis and Densetsu

geoflcl

Permanent GBAtemp Newbie
Trophies
Website
loganderb.in
XP
Country
United States
Did you seriously just imply the Wii U is as strong as the Wii? And it just added a HDMI port?

Brb, gonna laugh till I die.

I guess he was saying that the Wii U is only on par with current-gen consoles. Still, Hells Malice, that's not to say that going from Wii to Wii U isn't a jump! Heck, even Nintendo Land's Hub world couldn't be done on the plain ol' Wii. :P

Ontopic: That was a nifty presentation! All that third party support is really going to give the PS4 a leg-up. :P

Terenigma

Terenigma everywhere
Trophies
XP
Country
So things that interested me about this:

Killzone looked insanely good, transferring between vita and the PS4 was definitely something I would use. Controller looked ok although I want more details about the "touchpad" element of it, Diablo 3 local co-op split screen hinted at which is awesome.

Didn't show the actual console tho which sucks :(

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wii-> Wii U?... that's a horrendous example.
All it did was take the wii, add an HDMI cable slot for current gen graphics, and gave you a tablet with the system.
Where's the jump?... Not knocking it, but it's a joke to say the jump was any greater than PS3 > PS4.
At least the PS4 is going to actually be a next-gen console. There's not much of a jump consoles can REALLY do anymore until they make the change over to virtual reality. Sword Art Online yesplz.

The Wii U isn't on par or doesn't exceed current gen?

Xbox 360
Desktop_2013_02_18_21_56_22_883.bmp

Wii U
Desktop_2013_02_18_21_55_39_587.bmp

"Teh Wii U doesn't haz gud gaemz

Reactions: BornInBlack

heartgold

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I guess he was saying that the Wii U is only on par with current-gen consoles. Still, Hells Malice, that's not to say that going from Wii to Wii U isn't a jump1 Heck, even Nintendo Land's Hub world couldn't be done on the plain ol' Wii. :P

Ontopic: That was a nifty presentation! All that third party support is really going to give the PS4 a leg-up. :P
It's not on par, it's beyond. lol

Wii U is in the middle, more capable than current gen with a good GPU, PS4 is somewhere in the high end.

NightsOwl

Pays For Avatar Art (For some reason)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh god the crying in this thread. "THEY'RE COPYING NINTENDO", "THE GRAPHICS ARE BAD". Christ this site...

Hell I was chilling with soulx in the Shoutbox and he's leagues better than the shitlords in this thread.
I know right? I may be a Nintendo fan, but the graphics are obviously a crap ton better and they're not copying a damn thing from Nintendo.

Some people just like to try to downplay things to make themselves less worrisome of the competition, methinks.

Eerpow

*swoosh*
Trophies
XP
Country
Fucking sick of the generic trailers games have nowadays, no gameplay, forgettable "epic" music and just total mindless action with lots of explosions.
Ignoring that the system itself seems pretty promising and up to my expectations, opting for GPGPU should make next gen multiplats an interesting development, can't wait to see what happens.

Not knocking it, but it's a joke to say the jump was any greater than PS3 > PS4.
I don't think anyone here would take you seriously on that haha, don't be silly.

Reactions: EZ-Megaman

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The day you find a PS3 game with Watch Dogs graphic something is definetly wrong

I found one.

Fucking sick of the generic trailers games have nowadays, no gameplay, forgettable "epic" music and just total mindless action with lots of explosions.
Ignoring that the system itself seems pretty promising and up to my expectations, opting for GPGPU should make next gen multiplats an interesting development, can't wait to see what happens.

I don't think anyone here would take you seriously on that haha, don't be silly.

Despite like... the gameplay for like... Killzone and shit like that.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Someone has to delete Leo's thread to make him angry +2