No tears now, only dreams.

Reactions: Gahars

Devin

"Local Hardware Wizard"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So anyone in for a pool bet. :D Everyone guesses the price of the PS4, sends me the money. Closest person to the actual price gets the pool.

Only catch is that we have to get enough money for me I mean the winner to get a PS4. :tpi:

On a more serious note, I enjoyed the presentation. And commenting about it with people in the shoutbox.

RodrigoDavy

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Yeah, the Wii remote was a bit of a flop, but the change from NES to SNES was good, and the change from N64 to GC was also good.
And of course, Wii remote to Wii Pro.

Sony's only made one significant change to their controllers.. Ever. With the PS2, adding dual sticks
Actually the change was when they released the DualShock for the orginal Playstation. (Few games supported it, but it's the same desing as the one used in PS2)

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So anyone in for a pool bet. :D Everyone guesses the price of the PS4, sends me the money. Closest person to the actual price gets the pool.

Only catch is that we have to get enough money for me I mean the winner to get a PS4. :tpi:

On a more serious note, I enjoyed the presentation. And commenting about it with people in the shoutbox.

Like it's probably $430 USD. That's the current rumor and it has quite a lot of credit now that it's source also leaked the PS4 controller.

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Don't know how things are in the first world, but here we are not even near of having 4k TVs. It's not like you can find them on sale or anything. Heck, even 3D TVs are not that common as far as I know

By the way, I found quite interesting that Sony decided to use a PC-like architecture, maybe it's trying to playing it safe by using a more well stablished architecture (over the non-developer friendly ps2 and ps3 architectures) which should make ports easy.
3D TVs are ubiquitous in Singapore. Since Sony is all about "future" and they DO have a 4k TV on display (I think for sale as well) over here at Orchard, they could certainly consider adding 4k into the PS4.

But it's just too early.

Yes, the PC architecture kinda surprised me there. I remember the PS3 structure to be really weird and unique. I guess devs now have an easier time on the PS4.

Reactions: RodrigoDavy

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd also like to just make a few notes on the developer list (image from the front page):

XJlNqu8.png

• Falcom: prowler boner alert.
  • Yager: I'd love a good Spec Ops: The Line type game.
  • No Kojima Productions. Konami is on there though, dunno if that covers Kojima Productions too. EDIT: Just surprised there's no Kojima Productions due to the mysterious Phantom Pain, MGS: Ground Zeroes, and they have a VERY distinct logo.
  • Platinum Games.
  • Grasshopper Manufacture aka Suda51. No More Heroes, stuff like that.
  • LucasArts: Star Wars 1313?
  • I'm really surprised they got Sony on board.
More:

• Paradox Interactive: really surprising as they've basically been a PC publisher.
  • Level-5. Never found their games too interesting but they did the recent Ni no Kuni which got exclusively localized for the PS3.

GameWinner

Take your heart
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I really think the PS4 will not be more than $500. Sony said that they didn't want to repeat the mistake they had with the PS3.
Remember the Vita's launch when everyone thought it would be $300-$400? (3G is $300 but still)

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
I really think the PS4 will not be more than $500. Sony said that they didn't want to repeat the mistake they had with the PS3.
Remember the Vita's launch when everyone thought it would be $300-$400? (3G is $300 but still)
My guess would be $429 for the base model (maybe 350GB or so?) and $499 for the higher-end.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so the same people that always makes games for them but not only that for every other console ?

Well there's some interesting ones (like Paradox) but it's a strong indicator of games to come. Like Falcom, you can expect a Legend of Heroes or Ys possibly. Platinum Games is always anticipated, stuff like that.

Gh0sti

iOS Guru
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They pulled a Nintendo and only showed the controller like Nintendo did with the Wii U im impressed with specs but it must be super expensive plus Piracy might be a thing of the past since games are going to be download only

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @AncientBoi, Here's another one. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a6astZ-qcZk