Hacking PS3 Slim cech 3003b Noob help.

Gary Hamilton

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi there I Have just got my hands on a slim white 3k model. From What I have read up that they cant be Downgraded. So I was looking at an ODE chip and what is the best and still being supported. I am based in the UK and cant seem to find a decent retailer so any help Would be appreciated.

the console is on 4.76OFW

Regards

Gary Hamilton

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I was starting to think this scene was dead. Thanks for the reply. Have you used cobra ode before and are they worth getting. And can I play homebrew with them like emulators retroarch.

Regards

konsolenumbau.expert

Trophies
Website
konsolenumbau.expert
XP
Country
Germany
First of all. The Odde works but i was never a friend of them devices... I prefer a proper Custom Firmware. Then... To use the Odde you have to unsolder 2 Resistors from the Board to get it going. (@ least you had to by the time i build one in for a customer) This would be clarified by looking at the Instruction. This is just my personal Opinion as i do XB as well and also there i never was a friend of Oddes... But they do work for sure.

The PS3 Scene isn´t dead at all! Have a lookout for Rebug for an example. Lots of Homebrew Apps out there and still under Development. There are specialized Boards handling this theme.
For sure more in coming as in the XB Scene.

Greetz Seb

Reactions: Gary Hamilton

Gary Hamilton

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Cheers again for your input and help. I wish I could Downgrade my ps3 But I have a 3k model Fell in love with it purely because it was white and got it cheap. Like you stated the custom firmware scene looks more fun and offers alot more support so I will more than likely get another ps3 and give this one to my son has he loves little big planet.

Gary Hamilton

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
haha. well I have two boys so if my oldest likes what I am gonna be able to do then this ps3 will get moved on again to my youngest.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ntjkwIXWtrc&ab_channel=Apple I feel uncomfortable from watching...