deathking

OP
Trophies
Website
toxsic.com
XP
Country
United States
With the recent release of Geohot's 3.55 custom firmware, it was only a matter of time, before backups would be up and running. News is coming in that a user named Riku.kh3 has accomplished just that. He has managed to run Castlevania: Lords of Shadow from his internal hard drive, while on Geohot's 3.55 Custom Firmware. He achieved this by patching the game's main executable file (EBOOT.BIN) and making the PS3 think it's a PSN game.

Looks like ps3 games can now be signed as psn titles and run off the internal hard drive on geohots firmware

Source :
http://psgroove.com/content.php?635-Castle...W#ixzz1AbBhDGqE

Dangy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
msn_thumbs_up.gif

Dangy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ZombiePosessor said:
This is so awesome... Now I just hope something like WBFSManager comes along for PS3 games.

Or they could just add games like you do on the PSP. No software junk to worry about.

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ZombiePosessor said:
This is so awesome... Now I just hope something like WBFSManager comes along for PS3 games.
theres no reason

we already had like 50 backup managers, someone just needs to find a way to integrate the payload into the bm or firmware

ZombiePosessor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Joe88 said:
ZombiePosessor said:
theres no reason

we already had like 50 backup managers, someone just needs to find a way to integrate the payload into the bm or firmware

Well, I have a shitload of PS3 ISOs sitting on my hard drive, and I don't have FTP means into a router. So having something that would trim the ISO down and then add it to the PS3 would be cool, like YACC or something. Or even just be able to load the EBOOT.BIN from the XMB like you do in PSP

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
Bit of a noob question:

Are we ever going to see back up loaders or anything that can be run without CFW? I only ask this, as I don't want to/can't install CFW on my PS3 due to the fact that it's a shared console, and the other person is wary of stuff such as this (I don't personally care, but he does).

I would LOVE to be able to take advantage of great stuff such as this, but if it is all completely run through CFW, I won't be able too. I sort of thought the great thing about the keys being released was the fact that it would be able to be officially recognized by the PS3 without modification in anyway.

Correct me if I missed something or misinterpreted information I read.

cwstjdenobs

Sodomy non sapiens
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
@ Nathan Drake. Yes you can do this without a MFW, it's called a jailbreak dongle. People have just got started, give them a chance.

That by no means means I understand why this needs GeoHots MFW.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-