Ps3 Blue Ray games now running as psn titles

SpaceJump

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I just tried it on my PS3 Slim on 3.41 and it worked perfectly. I never updated to 3.55 cause it's not needed. The same goes for the signed hombrew apps, at least so far.

MarcusRaven

HBC Theme Maker
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So there should be no issue going back to official from this? Just to be sure I'm going to wipe out any traces of the homebrew I've been testing first. (That Awesome File Manager is just ...well... awesome for this.
happy.gif
) Once I perform all the tests that I can, expect either a video or written review of everything I've done.

Also, I'm just waiting for somebody to make a tool to just be able to patch other games, instead of all this compiling stuff that is currently needed. I don't know how to compile, so I'm just waiting for this coding rush to hit the user-friendly phase.
happy.gif

EDIT: How can I get my current Castlevania save to be detected by the installed game? I can't figure out how to get it to copy, even with Awesome File Manager.

EDIT2: Got my save to be read, and as I was fighting the final boss I received an "Unhandled Error." As far as I'm concerned, that means this is unstable. If I'm wrong, please enlighten me.

Fellow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ChaosBoi said:
What I want to know is how to transfer said game on to the PS3 once it's been patched as a PSN game. Like is it through an external device, network transfer or something?

I believe it's through FTP.

MarcusRaven

HBC Theme Maker
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anybody know how to apply the update to this install so the "Unhandled Error" doesn't happen? What path would the update be in? If I know that, I can attempt to copy it. That's the only flaw with this install.

MarcusRaven

HBC Theme Maker
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Personally, I'd like to see one (pkg launcher) for Splatterhouse to see if it loads faster. That and Nier. I'd love to be able to play these games with faster load times. (Of course I own them, I just don't know how to make these packages myself.)

Relf

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Fellow said:
ChaosBoi said:
What I want to know is how to transfer said game on to the PS3 once it's been patched as a PSN game. Like is it through an external device, network transfer or something?

I believe it's through FTP.

You can set up an FTP on the PS3/PC via ethernet cable or you can do it through an external device, a FAT32 formatted mass storage with Comgenies Awesome File Manager installed on both the PS3 and the corresponding PC app to split >4GB files.

Trulen

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
raulpica said:
...so, now the question is: it is worth risking the ban (if Sony ever gets around doing that) of my 60GB BC PS3 in doing this, or not?
unsure.gif
Decisions, decisions...

This. So very much this.
I've had my PS3 for 3 years, and have bought many online enabled games.
To lose that to a ban would upset me, as it'd be a $300 oopsie!

cwstjdenobs

Sodomy non sapiens
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Trulen said:
This. So very much this.
I've had my PS3 for 3 years, and have bought many online enabled games.
To lose that to a ban would upset me, as it'd be a $300 oopsie!

You should have got you're moneys worth by now. What's that 4 games? If not they are second hand and Sony want to ban you anyway if they could tell. Check your license agreement, second hand games (and books, and CD's, and DVD's) are illegal
wink.gif

MarcusRaven

HBC Theme Maker
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm either waiting for a homebrew tool to make these PKG files, or for somebody to just go ahead and make a couple for Splatterhouse and Nier. (Both games that could benefit from faster loading. I've noticed that Castlevania: LoS loads a lot faster from the HDD.)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Xdqwerty, Do you remember this song?