Hacking ps2 isos on cfw 4.82 ferrox

amaterasusano

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello people. I recently softmodded my 120 gig slim ps2 with the new exploit and am sticking with the 4.82 ferrox cfw. Ps3 games work great, I play them from an external 1 tb hard drive and it's amazing, I backed up all my ps3 games. However I also have a couple of ps2 games laying around and was looking to back them up as well. So I tried with naruto ultimate ninja 3, and got an Iso file. When I inserted my external drive and tried to load the game, it said that ps2 iso from usb is not supported, do you want to copy to internal drive? I pressed yes and when starting to play the game, everything seemed fine until a few seconds into the gameplay, where the game froze. I done some researches on the web and know about software emulation and compatibility problems, but I still decided to post here anyways. maybe there is a solution that I am unaware off. also is there a way to load the games directly from the usb drive? I won't have enough free space on internal to back them all up. Thanks in advance for your replies.

AxlSt00pid

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
PS2 isos have to be on dev_hdd0/PS2ISO (it seems you already have them there, so no biggie there)
I would first check if the iso is corrupted or not, and if it's not I would download it from another site.
Another thing to point out is that for some reason (at least on my phat, BC PS3), PS2 isos won't load properly if you have registered a PS4 controller via Bluetooth (again, idk why, but Half-Life wouldn't start up if I had any PS4 controllers paired)

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello people. I recently softmodded my 120 gig slim ps2 with the new exploit and am sticking with the 4.82 ferrox cfw. Ps3 games work great, I play them from an external 1 tb hard drive and it's amazing, I backed up all my ps3 games. However I also have a couple of ps2 games laying around and was looking to back them up as well. So I tried with naruto ultimate ninja 3, and got an Iso file. When I inserted my external drive and tried to load the game, it said that ps2 iso from usb is not supported, do you want to copy to internal drive? I pressed yes and when starting to play the game, everything seemed fine until a few seconds into the gameplay, where the game froze. I done some researches on the web and know about software emulation and compatibility problems, but I still decided to post here anyways. maybe there is a solution that I am unaware off. also is there a way to load the games directly from the usb drive? I won't have enough free space on internal to back them all up. Thanks in advance for your replies.

Check your game to see if it is corrupt because it is playable just fine:

http://www.psdevwiki.com/ps3/PS2_Classics_Emulator_Compatibility_List

And PS2 must be playing through internal hard drive.. Not external drive at all. Again, this game is fully playable as above. Therefore, I am using Rebug CFW and my favorite.. So I dont know about ferrox CFW. It might be an issues with ferrox CFW so I don't know.

amaterasusano

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Thank you for your replies. I created an iso from my actual game disc which is pal. Then I downloaded the same game but ntsc and the results were the same. Should I upgrade to that light cfw 4.82 rebug?

amaterasusano

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
How do I go about using said file. when I google it, it shows a ps2 game. Do I need to mess around with a file on the ps3's ps2 emulator?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Looks like Link's Awakening was metaphorical.