• Replies 1,683
  • Likes 90

ClassyDoctor

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
So I just finished Episode 1-4 of DGS using the fan translation on android and I must say that i'm very impressed with how professional and clean this release is. Often, I would forget that this is even an unofficial translation. However, I have this issue where every 2D animated cut scene excluding the first one wouldn't load properly the first time so I would need to restart the game to fix it. I'm not sure if this is due to the translation or the original game but if there is any fix or explanation for this issue, I would be pleased to know. I'm still greatly appreciative with the work you guys are doing and can't wait for Episode 5.

Uwabami

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
So I just finished Episode 1-4 of DGS using the fan translation on android and I must say that i'm very impressed with how professional and clean this release is. Often, I would forget that this is even an unofficial translation. However, I have this issue where every 2D animated cut scene excluding the first one wouldn't load properly the first time so I would need to restart the game to fix it. I'm not sure if this is due to the translation or the original game but if there is any fix or explanation for this issue, I would be pleased to know. I'm still greatly appreciative with the work you guys are doing and can't wait for Episode 5.
Unfortunately, the original version is quite buggy - DGS2 is even worse (there are a lot of complaints in the Japanese PlayStore). Our engineer managed to mitigate and even fix some bugs, though. Eventually, our version might end up more stable than the original :ninja:
We're still hoping that Capcom will step up and fix these bugs though, there's only so much we can do without the source code.

Please file a bug report here so we can help you solve this issue. It might be because the game is running out of memory, but without knowing more about your device it's hard to tell.

Benny96

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, great job with the translation! I managed to download it and finish the four cases, but now when I try to boot it up an error comes up: "License Error - Can't confirm your purchase with this Google account. Please log into the Google account you bought this game with and try again." I tried logging into the Google account I used to get the game but it's still not working. Is this a VPN issue?

Uwabami

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hey, great job with the translation! I managed to download it and finish the four cases, but now when I try to boot it up an error comes up: "License Error - Can't confirm your purchase with this Google account. Please log into the Google account you bought this game with and try again." I tried logging into the Google account I used to get the game but it's still not working. Is this a VPN issue?
No, this is the automatic refund that happens when you uninstall an app within a short time of buying it. Part of the patching process involves uninstalling the original game and that triggers the refund as stated on our website.

You should have gotten an email by Google informing you of the refund. Use IrisMobile to remove the patch and then uninstall DGS and buy it again (your money was refunded, so you don't lose any). Since Google will only refund a purchase once, this will not happen again. Also, after your first purchase (even if it was refunded), your new account should be permanently locked to Japan and you will never need a VPN to use it again.

Reactions: Benny96

Benny96

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, this is the automatic refund that happens when you uninstall an app within a short time of buying it. Part of the patching process involves uninstalling the original game and that triggers the refund as stated on our website.

You should have gotten an email by Google informing you of the refund. Use IrisMobile to remove the patch and then uninstall DGS and buy it again (your money was refunded, so you don't lose any). Since Google will only refund a purchase once, this will not happen again. Also, after your first purchase (even if it was refunded), your new account should be permanently locked to Japan and you will never need a VPN to use it again.

It worked! Thank you!

Reactions: Uwabami

Pablitox

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
I had the same issue, though it was way after I purchased the game, what should I do? uninstall it and re-install it again?

EudGenius

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ukraine
Merry Christmas guys! Don't push yourselves, you deserve to spend your time on the holidays with your families and all, we can wait.

ClassyDoctor

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I filed the bug report all the way back in October and so far, I have had no response. I don't want to sound impatient but it just seemed strange to me since every other issue seemed to get a reply very shortly after the post except my one.

Uwabami

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I filed the bug report all the way back in October and so far, I have had no response. I don't want to sound impatient but it just seemed strange to me since every other issue seemed to get a reply very shortly after the post except my one.
That must've gone through the cracks, sorry. Our Android engineer has been very busy since the release, but I can see what I can do...

No link to download?
https://scarletstudy.gq/download/

ClassyDoctor

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
It seems that every major release of the fan translation is on the same day as a big event, so while this is just a guess, maybe Episode 5 will come out on the 21st of February since that's when the trilogy re-release is coming out.

bahamut920

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It seems that every major release of the fan translation is on the same day as a big event, so while this is just a guess, maybe Episode 5 will come out on the 21st of February since that's when the trilogy re-release is coming out.
The re-release of the Trilogy, which is a re-release of the re-releases of the original games. Capcom make a new game already (or at least localize the ones you have made) and stop dragging around the bloated corpses of these GBA games.

andPS4

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany

Episode 2 was released December 30 , 2017
- I dont think there was any AA related Event that Day
Personally i Hope it wont be until February 21 but hey even that would be just a Month from now... :)

worse comes to worse it shouldnt be another 9 Months according to the Scarlet Study posting
so since last Release came out September 22 that would mean it should be out before June 22 ;)

just some Speculation ... the Eagerness of us Awaiting the Release only speaks for the Quality of the Patch
(and the game)
p.s. i cant resist to add i also dont understand Capcoms decisions about not releasing all Games in the Series (including SpinOffs)
Also the latest Decision to have the Resident Evil 2 Demo beeing a "One Shot" is a another Capcom "Gem"...

Reactions: Uwabami

mscoopo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys,
i'm curious about what exactly i need to play this patch. do i need a japanese 3ds? also where can i buy this game? do you know of a guide to mod a 3ds if i get everything i need?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: