Not open for further replies.

shadow1w2

Still here.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SoulAnger said:
A text reader/writer is on the works but it will be done until a future release.
As for check disk, why dont you just run Moonlight's Checkdisk?
smile.gif

Yeah, I understand what you mean, especially for save files. Although its a rare occasion for me.
.ico? Sorry but I prefer BMP, maybe I'll add it in the near future. ^^
MiniOS app. ^^ I cant consider it as a menu now. :\

Awesome stuff.
Ya, could just use Moonlights thought I'd suggest the idea though.
I find myself away from a computer at almost any given time, its nice to have options.
Ya, BMP is a ton better than ICO. ICO is a tad smaller I think though but an old format afterall, so BMPs are good.
I'd suggest PNG support too though. I tend to prefer everything in that when possible. Though at the low resolution its at it won't really matter this day in age anyway.

MiniOS app? Isn't that a step up from a Menu?
Same thing more or less I'd think.
But eh, its gonna be nice app in the end so far anyway.

updowners

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Since your back Soulanger can you answer this question

updowners said:
Will the music player be able to play midi files and other formats? I have heaps of midi music (more than mp3's!)

SoulAnger

MENUdo's Developer
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
updowners said:
updowners said:
Will the music player be able to play midi files and other formats? I have heaps of midi music (more than mp3's!)
Currently supported files:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Libmikmod
669 (Composer 669, Unis 669)
AMF (DSMI Advanced Module Format)
AMF (ASYLUM Music Format V1.0)
APUN (APlayer)
DSM (DSIK internal format)
FAR (Farandole Composer)
GDM (General DigiMusic)
GT2 (Graoumf tracker)
IT (Impulse Tracker)
IMF (Imago Orpheus)
MOD (15 and 31 instruments)
MED (OctaMED)
MTM (MultiTracker Module editor)
OKT (Amiga Oktalyzer)
S3M (Scream Tracker)
STM (Scream Tracker)
STX (Scream Tracker Music Interface Kit)
ULT (Ultra Tracker)
UNI (MikMod's Internal Format)
XM (FastTracker)
I'll support other filetypes in future releases. ^^

SoulAnger

MENUdo's Developer
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
fgghjjkll said:
soulanger: is it still gonna have the in game footage thing?
Yeah dude, if you wanna use up your space, you can add some video previews by naming the smf file to the nds file.
Something like this.
[6032]_Patapon_DS.nds
[6032]_Patapon_DS.smf

For those who dont know smf are video files, created by spinal. It isnt very compressed, and runs at 12 fps.

ShadowEO

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SoulAnger said:
blink.gif
So many questions..
Yosh! I'll try my best to answer them all
biggrin.gif

ShadowEO said:
Glad your back Soulanger, Pleased to see that your nearing complete, Go ahead and do a closed beta, we can wait a little more for it.
Also good luck with the file manager hope you can get that figured out as well. I do have a few questions though..

1) How themeable is the MENUdo Engine?

2) this one is a stupid question because I'm sure you posted about it somewhere in this thread but I forgot, Are there any online features like IRC, Updating through Web, anything?

3) Does the free version only launch homebrew or maybe in some later release it use an external program to launch normal games? Just Wondering...

Thanks, Sorry for the really stupid questions.... It's been a while since I went back through the thread so these were probably already anwsered.

You don't have to answer them if they've already been done somewhere else.

Also for suggestions.... well.... I had some on the tip of my tounge but I seem to have forgotten them...... >_>
Well yeah but you guys know me. :\
Each time I get to a part where I say, I'll release it this month, etc. Out of nowhere, the release date gets pushed once more.
frown.gif

The reason why I do that is because I wanted to add more features, and polish.
smile.gif

Okay now for the q&a.

1) The main menu and nds folder navigator, is extremely themeable. Its alot more customizable than the xmb. It can virtually imitate 80% of the menus out there, although that also depends on your skills. Hmm, if MENUdo will be pushed once more, I believe it will be because of the theme maker. I'm thinking of porting it to windows. Although it is fun doing scripts and skins on the actual hardware itself, but it does tend to get annoying when you keep on updating a gfx on your pc. (turn off ds, remove sd, insert sd to pc, and so on)
The settings, and file explorer is also themeable, although you dont get to have much freedom compared to the main menu and folder navigator.
As for the other internal features and apps, like the music player, well you cant edit them right now. But no worries, I can still update it after the first release.

2) There will be alot of wifi features for MENUdo. I believe these features is one of the reasons why MENUdo will be great menu/homebrew.
smile.gif
Because there are only a number of homebrews and menus out there that uses wifi. Hence I think AKAIO is the only menu out there that uses wifi. Although there are limitations, in homebrew wifi features. Like libwifi's speed limitation is merely, 6-10kbps(?) Oh well, at least it only affects wifi file transfers. I just hope we could find a work around for this.
frown.gif
Anywho I personally think that these wifi features will give users a bigger experience for their ds. (P.S. MENUdo's wifi features does not need Friend Codes)
tongue.gif

3) Uhmm, free version only runs homebrew games. So for those who just uses their carts for homebrew, well dont worry you dont need to buy another cart.
happy.gif
yay wifi and I can just place YSmenu in the shortcuts if i wanna run games, I can deal with it only running homebrew
smile.gif
Thanks for answering my questiosn, I knew about the wifi speed but I though it was more like 25kbps. Either way, I'm sure it's gonna be awesome. also on a side note... Normatt is there a way to get AKAIO to run on r4? I'm tired of the R4 Menu and YSmenu XD

boogerlad

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SoulAnger said:
fgghjjkll said:
Yeah dude, if you wanna use up your space, you can add some video previews by naming the smf file to the nds file.
Something like this.
[6032]_Patapon_DS.nds
[6032]_Patapon_DS.smf

For those who dont know smf are video files, created by spinal. It isnt very compressed, and runs at 12 fps.

if it is at 12fps, will it be smooth? Also, can one use ysmenu to boot commercial roms with cheat support? RTS and slowmo please? tas speedrun would be so much fun.

ShadowEO

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
boogerlad said:
SoulAnger said:
fgghjjkll said:
Something like this.
[6032]_Patapon_DS.nds
[6032]_Patapon_DS.smf

if it is at 12fps, will it be smooth? Also, can one use ysmenu to boot commercial roms with cheat support? RTS and slowmo please? tas speedrun would be so much fun.
I already asked. Yes you can use it if you launch it yourself through the file manager, Does it support it in the program itself: no...

Briankealing

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It would be cool if the skin app was released to the public now, and that would create more hype to test it on the DS in the future

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20:
    I stopped believing or caring about that dude when I found out about some of the more questionable nonsense he did in his life.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Like what? I didn't know or hear.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You mean like every famous person that ever existed
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I get so tired of hearing oh I liked him until...
    I just know dude was a chronic alcoholic and such.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I've been to his chicken restaurant he started in his 2nd movie, Holy Chicken, was pretty good. It is only 15-20 miles from me in Ohio. It only lasted 1 yr or so then closed tho.
    There are very few people I just have just an immense dislike of and he's one of those very few people, the only other example is Gene Simmons. My musician uncle on my mother's side of the family actually met Gene once during some event and said he was the most unpleasant person to be around.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I met myself once turns out that guy is a giant piece of shit that doesn't deserve any of my respect
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Damn alcoholics! (Sshhh- Opens another beer)
    Agreed, Ken
    I can't say I've ever tried even a sip of beer tbh-
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You met yourself also and is a giant piece of shit?
    +1
    Then again, I don't think I'd really enjoy it //shrug
    I'm sure it's an acquired taste :P
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Poor lad can never enjoy the amazing taste of four loko
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Root beer is a gateway drink, don't ever try it either.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa, don't you love how smooth MD20 is
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Mad dog 20 20? Oh yea fixed the typo. I haven't seen that or had forever. Do they still make it?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I think it's why I'm alive
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What happens if when playing Paper Mario, you start a fire in-game?
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Paper Mario is a drug dealer and he is all about the paper yo lol
    +1
    Ffft
    On another note, I love how folks are drawing Callie in that suit that Splatoon NA dropped on Twitter
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: On another note, I love how folks are drawing Callie in that suit that Splatoon NA dropped on...