Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
ShadowEO said:
Lubbo said:
this work on M3 Real?

We'll just have to see when he releases, it says that it will support most homebrew cartridges and load commercial roms on select few.

Homebrew cartridges are old things
tongue.gif

The only flashcards i have are R4 and EDGE. I hope it works good on it,
and i hope the release really is the end of April. Untill the release date, i'm going to sleep...

wiiDaddy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
player1244 said:
The only flashcards i have are R4 and EDGE. I hope it works good on it,
and i hope the release really is the end of April. Untill the release date, i'm going to sleep...
Sweet dreams, Rip Van Winkle. We'll wake you when it's finally released.
unsure.gif

ShadowEO

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Flashcarts = Homebrew Carts, they both store data on flash. And both, with the exception of the GnM of course, can play commercial games with the correct firmware. But I simply meant flashcart rather than a device that is only suited for homebrew (GnM). Besides I have an R4 (even though it's a fake, I knew it when I bought it.). But if the release date is in April, that would be an awesome birthday present
rofl2.gif
. But either way, I'm still willing to wait, I just like looking at this topic.

Toni Plutonij

*has TrolleyDave & tiny p1ngy on moderating shelf!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
fgghjjkll said:
really?
isnt a homebrew cart something like sakura and ak2?

Sakura was initially made as Homebrew Cart, but later they added commercial ROM support!

Homebrew carts are actually same as flash carts but without the possibility to boot commercial ROMs! They don't have that Nintendo code in them, and they are perfectly legal..
However, flashcarts themselves are illegal, as they have Nintendo's booting code (something like that, I don't know how to express myself) that is copyrighted!

Normmatt

Former AKAIO Programmer
Trophies
Website
normmatt.com
XP
Country
New Zealand
Toni Plutonij said:
fgghjjkll said:
really?

Sakura was initially made as Homebrew Cart, but later they added commercial ROM support!

Homebrew carts are actually same as flash carts but without the possibility to boot commercial ROMs! They don't have that Nintendo code in them, and they are perfectly legal..
However, flashcarts themselves are illegal, as they have Nintendo's booting code (something like that, I don't know how to express myself) that is copyrighted!

Technically the only thing illegal in AKAIO and the AK2 is that the firmware and bootloader both contain the Nintendo logo lz77 compressed in the nds header but this is required for it to work in the nds at all so you could argue its not illegal at all.

fgghjjkll

GBATemp MegaMan
Trophies
XP
lol i thought sakura and ak2 were homebrew carts cos sakura's firmware is a homebrew menu and ak2's akaio is also a homebrew menu.
anyways thx for clearing me up.

Toni Plutonij

*has TrolleyDave & tiny p1ngy on moderating shelf!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Normmatt said:
Toni Plutonij said:
fgghjjkll said:
really?

Technically the only thing illegal in AKAIO and the AK2 is that the firmware and bootloader both contain the Nintendo logo lz77 compressed in the nds header but this is required for it to work in the nds at all so you could argue its not illegal at all.
Yeah, I meant that.....and I agree with you completely, but I remember article writing about R4 and Nintendo, and that bootloader, that's why I mention it..

gemcreature

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
looking forward to it! tried dsision but it doesnt boot anything.. i think i makes you patch it manually. idk. it was cool tho besides that. hope this works well!! looking forward to it!

Briankealing

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well duh, dsicion has no ROM booting support.

If MenuDo doesn't have ROM booting support for the AK2, I'll stick with AKAIO.

ShadowEO

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
x-mah-D said:
Heh.
Closed betas you say?
Yes, Closed Betas, apparently you have not read SoulAngers posts at all as he and numerous users of this thread already said that he is doing it in Private Beta Testing.

Kingfield said:
QUOTE(x-mah-D @ Apr 10 2009, 12:48 PM) Heh.
Closed betas you say?
Wow. OT: But Your userbar shows that you are one spoiled kid. tsk tsk.
OT: Wow your right... I'm a Win7, Ubuntu and WinXP embedded / MSVS user... however I don't completely say it in userbars...
@X-mah-D: besides MSVS isn't specific to a certain programming language. It could be anything from HTML (MSVWD) to VB.net. And if your using MSVS6 your way behind (VB6) so...
[sarcasm]
I could understand why you'd be using that instead of the .Net applications[/sarcasm] it's much easier to learn, after all... I started from QuickBasic and Visual Basic for DOS
rolleyes.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: No way, Switch pro will be next