Project Slippi is a build of Dolphin that adds rollback netcode to Super Smash Bros. Melee netplay

vr2xdQZ.png

Super Smash Bros. Melee will never die, especially not after this newly released fork of Dolphin emulator. Project Slippi is a build of Dolphin that introduces important netplay features, specifically for use in netplay matches of Melee, such as integrated matchmaking, being able to save replays to your PC, and most important of all, rollback netcode. Fizzi36 and his team of three other contributors released their hard work for use within the Melee community today, with "a large part of the project" being open source. He's been working on Project Slippi full-time for seven months now, and it's available for download on Windows, Linux, and macOS.

:arrow: Source

Silent_Gunner

Crazy Cool Cyclops
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What is "rollback netcode" exactly?

If you want a good way to experience this, try any of the games supported by Fightcade (you need specific versions of every game to get it to work, but people should know where to look for those. HINT: It ain't anywhere on these forums) and just play any game online with someone. Even better, many of the ports released by these guys to PC (mostly ports of KOF/Garou/Samurai Shodown 5 Special on Steam) actually have a newer version of GGPO Rollback implemented in those games. I don't know how big or active the playerbase for any of the versions of these games are, especially Fightcade in 2020 (Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo and Street Fighter 3 Third Strike are where there's a lot of people when I tried it out in 2016/2017).

These are just some of the ways to experience rollback netcode in case you want something more hands on.

Last edited by Silent_Gunner,
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
translation: just bring back Melee gameplay so we can all collectively forget about melee
I honestly don't give 2 craps about melee, lol, even tho some in-dept vids about it got me to appreciate the game more, I was more talking in general, like, the way craptendo acts towards anything fan-made.

Reactions: 64bitmodels

raxadian

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
It would be nice if this was implemented to other games.

Then again I am not very fond of Gamecube Mario Kart.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/ZQhiwti-pK0?si=LTqU_S8Xm2fYnlQg