1. RyujiNX-Nintendo-Switch-PC.png

With the first quarter of 2021 out of the way, it's time for many to look back on their progress made thus far, and it's no different for the group behind Ryujinx, the Nintendo Switch emulator. The team has neatly detailed their achievements made in the past few months, and the overall progress made on Patreon tier goals. There's an absolute wealth of documentation to go through, as the developers have made numerous changes and improvements, with the most notable summarized below.

The first topic of discussion is Bravely Default II, which released back in February, and in the time between then and now, the game's performance has made an impressive leap, being unplayable on launch, to being in nearly perfect playable status as of now. A handful of promised features have also been added recently, from amiibo emulation--which is just about finished and nearly fully compatible--to adding a Vulkan GPU backend for private testers and set to be extended to the public sometime in April, and reaching a new patron goal of over $1,500 a month, which means the addition of ARB Shaders and better performance on Nvidia graphics cards is achievable.

Another important milestone is the introduction of the emulator's LDN 2.2 update. This is a specific build of Ryujinx that allows for online multiplayer, with version 2.2 adding in tons of performance boosts and stability, for games like Super Smash Bros. Ultimate, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, and more, as well as support for Monster Hunter Rise.

With all this progress, it looks like Ryujinx is better than never before. If you're interested in the full changelog of additions and changes--be forewarned, it's a veritable novel--you can check it out in the source below, or you can grab the latest build of the emulator, also available on their official site.

:arrow: Source
    :download: Download

2. Discussion (72 replies)

3. Vilagamer999

Vilagamer999 tempBOT's ai cousin

Spain
    Very cool, can’t wait to test it out :grog:

4. Dmarks0

Dmarks0 Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    Isn't Yuzu another good Switch emulator? It's good to see so many people working on this kind of stuff.

5. Silent_Gunner

Silent_Gunner Crazy Cool Cyclops

United States
    RyujiNX is the SNES9X to Yuzu's ZSNES.

6. hamohamo

hamohamo GBAtemp Fan

I donno if this is stupid of me to say but I've been following both switch emus since the start and I could never understand why they don't do the development together. One goal, two teams so faster, better results. That said, yuzu is running Odyssey and other hard to run games on my 10 year old i5 3570 CPU so i got nothing to complain abt tbh.

Last edited by hamohamo, Apr 16, 2021
  7. Vilagamer999

Vilagamer999 tempBOT's ai cousin

Spain
    It’s true that working together would probably be faster but it’s nice to have some competition, it brings out the best of both emulators...

vaugerbird likes this.
  8. fallguy441

fallguy441 GBAtemp Regular

Germany
    kinda sucks that ryujinx is not getting as much patreons and support as yuzu does in comparision.

Orangy57 likes this.
  9. wownmnpare

wownmnpare GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Is the onlinme feature availble? i wanna try playing mh rise with it.

10. hamohamo

hamohamo GBAtemp Fan

Yes you can play mhr online with other ryujinx players and using lan with switch users apparently using local play. Not other games tho that I know of tho.

wownmnpare likes this.
  11. Nincompoopdo

Nincompoopdo GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Both Ryujinx and Yuzu are open source, someone should combined their features and make the best Switch emulator.

Rahkeesh likes this.
  12. Latiodile

Latiodile Professionally dead inside

Canada
    probably because it's harder to remember "ryujinx" vs "yuzu", one's just an easier name to pronounce too
    i personally had no idea this was an emulator to begin with because nobody talks about it

13. PikachuPrincess23

PikachuPrincess23 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Norway
    It's sad you need jailbreak Switch for to use this emulator on PC.
    I really want to give it a try but i don't have a jailbreak Switch.
    Only nintendo switch lite.

14. bowlofspiders

United States
    Ryujinx booted commercial games before yuzu. Though I will say Ryujinx requires a lot of patience to use because it takes a long time to play any game you've never played before. Yuzu overall is just more appealing because of how fast it is. Most people don't care about accuracy but more about how fast the game runs since casual players can easily discern what lag is.

There are things that are planned for the future with Ryujinx that should speed it up quite a bit so that'll be nice.

15. thekarter104

thekarter104 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    Pretty sure I've seen an Animal Crossing online video using Ryujinx.
    But would it be possible to play local with a real Switch?

16. bowlofspiders

United States
    Any game under the "Games with LAN Mode, OFW and CFW compatible" category will work between Ryujinx LDN 2.2 and a real Switch.
    LAN Play Status | lan-play.com (lan-play.com)

Last edited by bowlofspiders, Apr 16, 2021
  17. thekarter104

thekarter104 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    Thanks! Will switch to Ryujinx ans update Ryujinx. Didn't get to test it out, because Animal Crossing was constantly crashing.
    I also own the game on a real Switch. My island is just a mess, but it's just fun to try out stuff lol

EDIT: Nvm. I have to start over and I don't want to do to that. Aren't saves compatible to each other? Otherwise back to Yuzu...

Last edited by thekarter104, Apr 16, 2021
  18. bowlofspiders

United States
    Yeah you can move your yuzu save data to Ryuinx without any issues.

19. hamohamo

hamohamo GBAtemp Fan

yes. any normal unhacked or hacked switch with the game works with lan.

20. bowlofspiders

United States
    This is false. Animal Crossing on Ryujinx doesn't connect to a real Switch for now.

The only games that work between Ryujinx and a real Switch are:
    ARMS, Bayonetta 2, Mario & Sonic, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, Mario Tennis Aces, Pokken Tournament DX, Pokemon Sword/Shield, Saints Row The Third - Full Package, Splatoon 2, and Titan quest.

hamohamo likes this.
  21. raxadian

raxadian GBAtemp Addict

Argentina
    Is crazy they have gotten so far considering the Switch was launched in 2017.

Meanwhile good luck trying to emulate a PS4 game.

Pokemon works? That means getting all the Pokemon by cheating then.

Last edited by raxadian, Apr 16, 2021
    bowlofspiders likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - improvements, Nintendo, emulator