1. Kurt91

Kurt91 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    I'm pretty happy that Ryujinx is getting improvements like this. I tried playing Crash Team Racing on Yuzu for the longest damned time, and it would freeze every single time at the autosave-explanation screen until very recently. Ryujinx would load the game, but with a bit of slowdown. Not enough to be an issue gameplay-wise, but every sound effect was stuttery and broken. Once Yuzu started to load the game, it was just slightly better, but with similar sound issues.

The performance improvements might just be enough to make the game playable, audio's a big dealbreaker for me. Besides, I saw a video on the update, and apparently you can upscale the game pretty well with minimal performance hit. The guy doing the video has a better PC than I do admittedly (though mine isn't too bad, I can play VR with it well enough), but he was cranking it up to 4K and only losing a couple frames, still getting better performance than standard resolution in the previous build he had been using.

2. D34DL1N3R

D34DL1N3R Nephilim

United States
    Ummmmm. No.

3. lordelan

lordelan GBAtemp Psycho!

Germany
    It's mainly because of the language/technology. Yuzu was first. The guy behind Ryujinx just started his emu as a fun project in C# because well he wanted to do something in C#. It turned out to be a good emu just "later" and now we have those two emus.

bowlofspiders likes this.
  4. bowlofspiders

United States
    I played through the entire story of CTR on yuzu with the 60 FPS mod a while ago. It did crash every now and then but I was able to make it through. Have you tried using an older build?

5. Sora Takihawa

Sora Takihawa GBAtemp Psycho!

Germany
    whats better Yuzu or RyujiNX?

6. JustJay

JustJay GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    I only got a gaming PC for the first time in my life summer 2020, before that I already had a Nintendo Switch. I thought Switch was pretty awesome as far as emulators and games. But after having a gaming pc, it has devalued how I think of the actual console so much. Everything's so much better on PC except actual Switch exclusives, and even that is getting better with emulation on PC.

bowlofspiders likes this.
  7. bowlofspiders

United States
    Depends on the games you want to play really. I use yuzu the most though there are some games Ryujinx can play that yuzu can't like 51 Clubhouse Games.

8. BitMasterPlus

BitMasterPlus GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Playing Switch games on PC without buying a Switch? I'm in! lol

9. PikachuPrincess23

PikachuPrincess23 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Norway
    What really, that's good news. So it's only with Yuzu you need jailbreak Switch?

10. bowlofspiders

United States
    You need a Switch to use both emulators unless you pirate. (except for homebrew games)

11. PikachuPrincess23

PikachuPrincess23 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Norway
    So it's possible to use Nintendo switch lite with Ryujinx?

12. bowlofspiders

United States
    Ryujinx and yuzu need console specific keys to run commercial games which need to come from a modded Switch. This requires an older Switch (generally 2018 or before) in order to use an exploit to get the keys. The Switch Lite and newer Mariko units need a specific modchip that is exceptionally rare to get the keys so it's not practical to use them for either emulator.

13. thekarter104

thekarter104 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    Can you tell me how? Because it doesn't seem to work when I tried.
    I did this: You know the user folder, right? In nand/user/save.
    I copied it to the Ryujinx folder, also into nand/user/save, but it doesn't work. What am I doing wrong and how should it look like in Ryujinx?

14. bowlofspiders

United States
    In yuzu right click Animal Crossing and hit "Open Save Data Location."
    Now in Ryujinx right click Animal Crossing and hit "Open User Save Directory."
    Just move all of the files from the yuzu window that opened to the Ryujinx window that opened.

15. GamerzHell9137

GamerzHell9137 GBAtemp Psycho!

Bosnia and Herzegovina
    Yuzu is written in C++, Ryujinx is written in C#.
    Other things is both teams have different views on what's important and what's not.
    Mixing both teams into one team would be a mess because of that.

16. |<roni&g

|<roni&g GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Good to see. Played mario 3d the bowser 1 but couldn't get into it so good job I didn't pick it up coz there ain't no demos of it (that I know of)

17. raxadian

raxadian GBAtemp Addict

Argentina
    There are videos comparing how a game runs on each emulator on YouTube.

18. bowlofspiders

United States
    This is true. It's generally better for people to try out both and see which one runs better though. Hardware differences make a huge difference with Switch emulation.

19. thekarter104

thekarter104 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    Thanks. Haven't tried it yet since I'm on lunch break, but I have another question, sorry. I'm so noobish when it comes to Switch emulation. Do you have to have to connect your Switch via internet cable in order to play local using this?

Thanks in advance.

20. bowlofspiders

United States
    I would highly suggest looking up a Youtube video for Ryujinx LDN 2.2. It will explain everything better than I can.

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - improvements, Nintendo, emulator