ROM Hack Project Pokemon Black 2 & White 2 Translation

Vinnymac

Trophies
Website
nds-roms.com
XP
Country
United States
It is more like an essay with some photoshopped images in it. Due to the fact that in these releases some of the images must be edited :P
But I like where you went with that RupeeClock.

DJPlace

going hire Ronald McDonald To Gun Down Nintendo.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
what is the difference between the two Patch's cause i don't understand this rival thing going on?

mad_gamer_jad

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
what is the difference between the two Patch's cause i don't understand this rival thing going on?
That patch on the right has a nice pair of colorful logos bro
Honestly though, I think they're pretty much the same battle/options wise, but one has more locations and names translated while the other has some story translated
Just choose the one you prefer

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
It was pointed out to me that the thread title was less than gracious. I'd like to note that I didn't create the thread, and as such, was not thinking of the title. I've requested a topic title change, but if somebody thinks of a better one after seeing the new one, let me know. It was just an on-the-fly decision to get the word "Accurate" out of the thread title.

Sorry to anybody it may have offended.

Right now, it would appear that the PP patch has some better consistency, but for the most part, similar items are translated. I'd personally reccommend that you try both patches, and see which one you like better. From the sounds of things, the next patch from PP is going to have some major updates, so we should hopefully have some truly distinct differences at that point.

Alternatively, check out the overall change log for this patch. If it has what you need, use it. If it doesn't, the other doesn't really right now either.

As of this post, we've just gotta wait it out a little bit more to have some truly definitive differences.

Nebz

The N00b
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
Is any of the story's dialogue translated with this patch or will it be? Pretty much the only thing I'm interested in knowing.

It was pointed out to me that the thread title was less than gracious. I'd like to note that I didn't create the thread, and as such, was not thinking of the title. I've requested a topic title change, but if somebody thinks of a better one after seeing the new one, let me know. It was just an on-the-fly decision to get the word "Accurate" out of the thread title.
How about "Another" instead of Accurate...? or just changing both titles with the inclusion of their respective site names (Pokestation and PP).....?

Nathan Drake

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Is any of the story's dialogue translated with this patch or will it be? Pretty much the only thing I'm interested in knowing.

How about "Another" instead of Accurate...? or just changing both titles with the inclusion of their respective site names (Pokestation and PP).....?
I don't think the story has been touched yet, but I can't be sure. I don't intend on using a patch until the story has known progress, whether via change log or experience. As for the thread title, for now, I just requested a change to "Second Pokemon Black 2 and White 2 Translation." I might have it changed to say "Pokemon Project's Pokemon Black 2 and White 2 Translation."

Translation Progress:

This is the change log right now for the upcoming V2 patch. We should be seeing V2 tomorrow, most likely.
PC Infos
Wonder Launcher
Survey Radar
Ribbons
PalPad Input/Info
Dex Search Difference
PKMN Evolution
Stats from..Somewhere
Infrared Stuff
High-Link
Scribble Things
Musical/Battle Subway
Accessories
Trainer Black Out :P
Some Overworld Postsigns
Some Game Sync
GTS Trade Searches
Spin Trades
Feeling Ranking/Checks
Rhythm Check
Mail Stuff
Missions
Shifter
Battle Boxes
Hall of Fame Clear
Microphone Test
That Power Thing you get***
Key Items
POkedex
Museum Stuff/Fossils and such
Interview Stuff
Gear Station/Battle Subway
Live Caster
Deoxys Form Change
Fishing Messages
Magikarp Vendor
HM Usage in Overworld
Proper Inventory messages
PKMN Stats Judging
Name Rater
Move Trainer
Daycare Stuff
PokeMart
Rotom Form Change
Battle Point Stuff
Badge/Gym Info
Battle Evaluator
Union Room
Vending Machines
Help System
Driftveil Tournament
PWT
More trainer names

Non translations:
Flying type graphic
Summary screens full english

Nebz

The N00b
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States

I don't think the story has been touched yet, but I can't be sure. I don't intend on using a patch until the story has known progress, whether via change log or experience. As for the thread title, for now, I just requested a change to "Second Pokemon Black 2 and White 2 Translation." I might have it changed to say "Pokemon Project's Pokemon Black 2 and White 2 Translation."

Translation Progress:

This is the change log right now for the upcoming V2 patch. We should be seeing V2 tomorrow, most likely.
PC Infos
Wonder Launcher
Survey Radar
Ribbons
PalPad Input/Info
Dex Search Difference
PKMN Evolution
Stats from..Somewhere
Infrared Stuff
High-Link
Scribble Things
Musical/Battle Subway
Accessories
Trainer Black Out :P
Some Overworld Postsigns
Some Game Sync
GTS Trade Searches
Spin Trades
Feeling Ranking/Checks
Rhythm Check
Mail Stuff
Missions
Shifter
Battle Boxes
Hall of Fame Clear
Microphone Test
That Power Thing you get***
Key Items
POkedex
Museum Stuff/Fossils and such
Interview Stuff
Gear Station/Battle Subway
Live Caster
Deoxys Form Change
Fishing Messages
Magikarp Vendor
HM Usage in Overworld
Proper Inventory messages
PKMN Stats Judging
Name Rater
Move Trainer
Daycare Stuff
PokeMart
Rotom Form Change
Battle Point Stuff
Badge/Gym Info
Battle Evaluator
Union Room
Vending Machines
Help System
Driftveil Tournament
PWT
More trainer names

Non translations:
Flying type graphic
Summary screens full english
Yeah.. I had seen the change-log and didn't see much of interest. I'll probably follow the same way and wait until the topic or change-log is updated with info. Thanks anyway though.

Kaarosu

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.liquiddeath.com
XP
Country
United States
Seems like we'll be having a V2 tonight...err Morning for some of us.. soneek is taking a look at them now and should update the OP over at PP's forums anytime now! Feel free to leave us bug reports/suggestions once you play around a bit with it... and of course Enjoy!

loco365

Trophies
XP
Ooh I like. Perhaps I'll stop playing for now and wait for this translation to progress. This one seems to favor accuracy, so I'll keep an eye on this. I do know one single line from Pokéwood, so I may pitch that one line in. :P

Nathan Drake

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
OP updated with V2 info.

Not working on R4 SDHC upgrade using RGF's firmware....

Try this:

Only problem with that translation is that it seems to change the game ID, so it breaks the compatibility with YSMenu.
Same thing happened to the original Black and White, the following guide should help you. [guide edited to be relevant to Black 2 and White 2]

"OK Here's how I got it to work in YSMENU.
1. I used enDrypt to find the true game ID of the translated version of Pokemon Black 2 / White 2 by running the program with all it's files (the two eNDrypt files and Patch engine) in the same directory as the rom. I pressed 1 to encrypt and then did it again to decrypt so that the rom would have it's True game ID

2. I used ttdt.exe to open extinfo and infolib to find the true game ID for the Clean Pokemon Black 2 and White 2.

3. I replaced the game ID of the Clean Pokemon Black 2 / White 2 with the True game ID of the Translated Pokemon Black 2 / White 2 inside both the extinfo and infolib files found in your ttmenu folder.

Here's what you need to do to play Translated Black/White.

1. Place your translated rom inside the eNDrypts folder and run it as Administrator. Press 1, wait for it to finish encrypting, press any key, then press 1 again.

2. Place the TTmenu folder inside you MicroSD card's root. I.E. the first thing you see when you navigate your Micro SD card. It should overwrite files. If it doesn't, you are doing something wrong or don't have DSTT or YSMENU.

3. Run the translated rom the same way you would the untranslated rom.

The untranslated file will most likely not work until you switch back your files."

Good luck :)

Chase-san

Trophies
Website
www.csdgn.org
XP
Country
United States
Just to point out, v2 translated so much that the change log might not cover everything that was translated (but Kaarosu gave it a shot). So you might notice a few surprise extras.

That is all I need to say for now, over and out.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Metoroid0 @ Metoroid0: im more interested in metroid prime 4