Gorkensnorkel

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok I need some advice here please:

Its telling me...

Although a partially downgraded system may show 9.2.0 as the system version, you are not done. You must restart from the beginning of Section II and downgrade a second time to install any files that were not installed. browserhax will work for partial downgrades as long as you are using the recommended version of sysDowngrader, but you must replace browserhax_hblauncher_ropbin_payload.bin on your sd card with the one for 9.2.0 on your region (rename the downloaded ropbin to browserhax_hblauncher_ropbin_payload.bin)

But I cannot find a browserhax_hblauncher_ropbin file on my SD card. What do I do?

Gorkensnorkel

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Edit:

Wait, I guess since I used the guide... and since the guide did not say to install browserhax... that I do not do that and just start over at section II which says to hold down and reboot to load into homebrew launcher, right? But when I do that I get a black screen. I guess I'm fucked?

Sketchy1

gbatemp's shadiest warez dealer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Edit:

Wait, I guess since I used the guide... and since the guide did not say to install browserhax... that I do not do that and just start over at section II which says to hold down and reboot to load into homebrew launcher, right? But when I do that I get a black screen. I guess I'm fucked?
Well first, it just says boot homebrew, so that means boot it any way you can, it doesn't matter what you use, just get it running :)

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

And the ropbin payload downloads automatically each time you boot browserhax. I don't think you physically need it on your sd

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

But what's the actual problem, I don't quite understand. Is it getting a black screen when you turn on your 3ds, when you boot the browser?

theedge

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Ok I need some advice here please:

Its telling me...

Although a partially downgraded system may show 9.2.0 as the system version, you are not done. You must restart from the beginning of Section II and downgrade a second time to install any files that were not installed. browserhax will work for partial downgrades as long as you are using the recommended version of sysDowngrader, but you must replace browserhax_hblauncher_ropbin_payload.bin on your sd card with the one for 9.2.0 on your region (rename the downloaded ropbin to browserhax_hblauncher_ropbin_payload.bin)

But I cannot find a browserhax_hblauncher_ropbin file on my SD card. What do I do?

Go here : http://smealum.github.io/3ds/ go down on the page until you see something with dropdown menu, input the correct version , click download ropbin and rename it , then put at root of SD

Gorkensnorkel

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got it, yeah I was using the ropbin correctly but it wasn't working. It seems that it kinda finished the downgrade but crashed right before the "rebooting in 10 seconds" message so I was following the wrong step, I had to proceed to the next step, delete the exit data then reboot. When i did that it booted just fine and I did another downgrade just to be safe. Everything worked like a charm!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @CameronCataclysm...